Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Would you change your vote ?

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:32 am

Buckley06, I removed your abusive post, cut it out please
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:44 am

Religion & Politics are never good topics to discuss without the risk of offence and upset.
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Buckley06

Post by Buckley06 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:32 pm

sp3ctre wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:32 am Buckley06, I removed your abusive post, cut it out please
Its was a honest opinion, like the one on my company.(I will just provoke instead because that seems to be ok)

But noted I will say nothing else.
Please check out my new project.
B06 gear knob and brake lever set.
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=109279

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:50 pm

Buckley06 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:32 pm
sp3ctre wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:32 am Buckley06, I removed your abusive post, cut it out please
Its was a honest opinion, like the one on my company.(I will just provoke instead because that seems to be ok)

You know very well there is a difference between what he said and what you said. I haven't the time or patience to police every post on here when people throw toys out of the pram. There are a dozen ways you could have responded without stooping to name calling... and I think you know that.
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

Dav the wheel nut
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Dav the wheel nut » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:41 pm

road warrior wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:40 pm either way, she is toast, she wont survive this
I wouldn't bet on that :wink:

Jembo
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Jembo » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:49 pm

Dav the wheel nut wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:41 pm
road warrior wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:40 pm either way, she is toast, she wont survive this
I wouldn't bet on that :wink:
The Politicians are frightened some in the UK will resort to rioting, as they know the remain lot aren’t the rioting type (well not yet...)
Joined the dark side with a ///M Hell Bronze Sepang Coupe :happyclap:
Ex Aug 2005 Maldives Blue 3 litre cruizer, lots of toyz,

Lifer 54

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Post by firebobby » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:49 pm

Jembo wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:41 pm
Pastry wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:34 pm
firebobby wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:21 pm ... because us leavers are seen as idiots

It’s not just that Fred, there’s loads of reasons we see you like that :poke: :)
I think you really want to see him blow a fuse Paul....

So Fred, in a democracy, when the country votes democratically for a leavers government to broker the deal... & the other EU side says F”””” off, you wanted it so this is what it costs..... what should we do?

Most importantly, why would the EU want to give us a better deal which will cost them more?

I accepted the vote, hardliners like yourself want to leave at any cost.... but there’s many (rightly or wrongly) who believe the deal will leave them much worse off.

With a government that’s failed to deliver & run out of time, the only democratic way is a vote for a hard Brexit, May’s Brexit or remain - where hard & May’s brexit votes must be added together to confirm commitment to leave
Hardliner?? didn't think I was. But staunch remainers know best as usual :roll:
Leavers government? hardly! Cameron and co didn't think for one minute that we would vote to leave and played along with it. Shock horror, the plebs are revolting!
Of course they don't want us to leave, but do you think the other countries in the EU are that happy, I believe the EU will dwindle in a few years and we will be first out of the starting blocks.
No one knows what will happen, experts get things wrong and I am happy to go with it.
I am allowed to have my own thoughts after all ...free country and all that stuff :thumbsup:
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Post by firebobby » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:09 pm

sp3ctre wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:50 pm
Buckley06 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:32 pm
sp3ctre wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:32 am Buckley06, I removed your abusive post, cut it out pleas

You know very well there is a difference between what he said and what you said. I haven't the time or patience to police every post on here when people throw toys out of the pram. There are a dozen ways you could have responded without stooping to name calling... and I think you know that.
I have just got out of bed, severe case of man flu :wink: so didn't get a chance to read the comments. Glad it's all sorted :)
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Mini 1000 1981

Dav the wheel nut
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Dav the wheel nut » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:27 pm

May will be fine as long as she asks Dianne Abbott to count the votes :wink:

Vornwend

Post by Vornwend » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:57 pm

firebobby wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:49 pm

It’s not just that Fred, there’s loads of reasons we see you like that :poke: :)

So Fred, in a democracy, when the country votes democratically for a leavers government to broker the deal... & the other EU side says F”””” off, you wanted it so this is what it costs..... what should we do?

Most importantly, why would the EU want to give us a better deal which will cost them more?

I accepted the vote, hardliners like yourself want to leave at any cost.... but there’s many (rightly or wrongly) who believe the deal will leave them much worse off.

With a government that’s failed to deliver & run out of time, the only democratic way is a vote for a hard Brexit, May’s Brexit or remain - where hard & May’s brexit votes must be added together to confirm commitment to leave
Leavers government? hardly! Cameron and co didn't think for one minute that we would vote to leave and played along with it. Shock horror, the plebs are revolting!
Of course they don't want us to leave, but do you think the other countries in the EU are that happy, I believe the EU will dwindle in a few years and we will be first out of the starting blocks.
No one knows what will happen, experts get things wrong and I am happy to go with it.
I am allowed to have my own thoughts after all ...free country and all that stuff :thumbsup:
Calm words Fred - much needed! I personally don't think its right to criticise people for how they voted ,leave or remain. My beef is that the information we have been given to make our decision with has been deeply flawed during the referendum and for decades before. We can amicably agree to disagree about that.

As a footnote the EU and Japan today agreed what has been described as the worlds biggest ever trade deal (covers 1/3rd of the entire world's GDP) - It takes effect in February 2019. It took 5 years to negotiate and will result in tumbling tariffs for both sides - predicted to have a huge benefit for consumers and business if we stay. If not then maybe there will be time enough to buy that new phone or TV you always wanted before prices go up again when we leave :wink:
Now: 2004 Z4 3.0i - Merlot Red
Before: VW Corrado VR6 Storm - Classic Green

Jembo
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Jembo » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:59 pm

firebobby wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:49 pm

Hey, it’s good to discuss the facts, especially as I was a staunch remainer... & per a few hundred lines above said could be persuaded to go hard Brexit.

My heart has always said leave, though my head said financially for my pocket remain... & as no one else is going to care for me am a selfish &&&&&& here.

Whilst I’d like to see a return to the glorious days of the empire, it’s not going to happen - just like in business, the little fish get eaten by the big ones... just like the footie, or cricket... the world has caught up.

Least the Brexit challenge is not as serious as Coupe vs Roadster...
Joined the dark side with a ///M Hell Bronze Sepang Coupe :happyclap:
Ex Aug 2005 Maldives Blue 3 litre cruizer, lots of toyz,

Lifer 54

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:44 am

I’m not getting involved in this debate, not that there’s anything wrong with it, but reading this morning that they’re now arguing amongst themselves about how May won the vote yesterday, with some saying it’s because the supporters are on the payroll.

Says it all doesn’t it.....they’re like spoilt brats in the yard, have they learnt nothing about squabbling like primary kids. It’s truly sad. :headbang:
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

road warrior

Post by road warrior » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:56 am

Only about the same as we are on here.. :D
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing
My wife says I never listen - or something like that.
gone but not forgotton -Mean Steve - made a sound like a bear with his nuts in a trap.

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Post by firebobby » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:07 pm

At least we are all friends on here :whistle: :D
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Mini 1000 1981

Pastry

Post by Pastry » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:41 pm

firebobby wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:07 pm At least we are all friends on here :whistle: :D
:cheers: :D
991 Carrera 2S
Now gone:
2008 Z4MR Midnight Blue Metallic
2006 Z4 3.0si sport Ruby Black
2006 Z4 3.0si sport Titanium Silver
2010 Z4 23i Msport and a 3.0i