Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Would you change your vote ?

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
MrPT
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MrPT » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:13 pm

At least we're not running the country. Can you imagine? So little cash, so many mods...
2008 Z4MC: heavy wheels | crap suspension | skittish rear end | wobbly engine | not enough induction noise | underwhelming turn in | inconsistent braking | lardy battery | chubby steering wheel
2006 Z4 2.5si: gone

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Post by TitanTim » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:03 am

So you're going have to buy a permit to visit EU countries once were out, let the rise of cost of living begin :)

Tim.

Jembo
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Jembo » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:50 pm

TitanTim wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:03 am So you're going have to buy a permit to visit EU countries once were out, let the rise of cost of living begin :)

Tim.
Very strange that... happens when you want to control your borders :(

Fortunately some of us now have dual nationality so least I won’t have to queue in the non EU channel.

Also appears only goods made on EU soil can be EU certified, hence Rolls Royce aero engines are now moving to Germany... I wonder how many manufacturing businesses will follow suit rather than go through lengthy & costly approval processes of jumping through hoops

....& then there’s the European Chanpions league where we can’t participate.

The EU can be a paid in the backside when you’re part of the team, looking how difficult they make it for outsiders to compete am sure they aren’t going to make it any easier

Ho hummm
Joined the dark side with a ///M Hell Bronze Sepang Coupe :happyclap:
Ex Aug 2005 Maldives Blue 3 litre cruizer, lots of toyz,

Lifer 54

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:39 pm

Jembo wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:50 pm ....& then there’s the European Chanpions league where we can’t participate.
Do you have a source for that. I thought it was similar to the Ryder Cup, totally separate from the EU?
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Smartbear » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:27 pm

sp3ctre wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:39 pm
Jembo wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:50 pm ....& then there’s the European Chanpions league where we can’t participate.
Do you have a source for that. I thought it was similar to the Ryder Cup, totally separate from the EU?
That sounds silly, we’re still Europeans after we leave their club! :roll:
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Smartbear » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:38 pm

Jembo wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:50 pm
TitanTim wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:03 am So you're going have to buy a permit to visit EU countries once were out, let the rise of cost of living begin :)

Tim.
Very strange that... happens when you want to control your borders :(

Fortunately some of us now have dual nationality so least I won’t have to queue in the non EU channel.

Also appears only goods made on EU soil can be EU certified, hence Rolls Royce aero engines are now moving to Germany... I wonder how many manufacturing businesses will follow suit rather than go through lengthy & costly approval processes of jumping through hoops

....& then there’s the European Chanpions league where we can’t participate.

The EU can be a paid in the backside when you’re part of the team, looking how difficult they make it for outsiders to compete am sure they aren’t going to make it any easier

Ho hummm
Manchester United won the European champions league in 1968 which predates our membership to their club by some years https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Champions_League
They could do with a red card imho :thumbsup:
Rob

e85 3.0si sold

Bottom

Post by Bottom » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:18 pm

The price to visit the EU is 7 euros every 3 years. Ho hum. If 2.33 euros a year is going to be a problem, you probably ought not to be going on holiday anyway.

As for Rolls Royce "This would be a technical measure as we already seek approval for our business jet engines from Germany, and we do not anticipate such a move would lead to the transfer of any jobs from the UK. No final decision has been taken on whether to activate this precautionary measure"

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:40 pm

Scaremongering again. :poke: :wink:

Not that I give a $hit about football.

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Post by TitanTim » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:51 pm

Bottom wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:18 pm The price to visit the EU is 7 euros every 3 years. Ho hum. If 2.33 euros a year is going to be a problem, you probably ought not to be going on holiday anyway.

As for Rolls Royce "This would be a technical measure as we already seek approval for our business jet engines from Germany, and we do not anticipate such a move would lead to the transfer of any jobs from the UK. No final decision has been taken on whether to activate this precautionary measure"
Thats 2.33 Euros you werent paying before, it all adds up with everything else thats going up each year.

Unsure also how import duty will work against goods from EU countries.

Tim.

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:06 pm

Don’t worry, any speeding fines issued in Europe will still be dealt with by the UK Authotities and we won’t issue them in the other direction.
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Jembo
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Jembo » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:54 pm

srhutch wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:40 pm

Evening - I now work for a French firm who’re footie mad - the comment has been made a few times by those I work with so not substantiated unlike the rest.
Joined the dark side with a ///M Hell Bronze Sepang Coupe :happyclap:
Ex Aug 2005 Maldives Blue 3 litre cruizer, lots of toyz,

Lifer 54

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Smartbear » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:36 pm

Jembo wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:54 pm
srhutch wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:40 pm
sp3ctre wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:39 pm Do you have a source for that. I thought it was similar to the Ryder Cup, totally separate from the EU?

Evening - I now work for a French firm who’re footie mad - the comment has been made a few times by those I work with so not substantiated unlike the rest.
So that’s idle chit chat substantiation then :wink:
Rob

e85 3.0si sold

exdos

Post by exdos » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:25 pm

The real problem with Brexit is that the negotiations for leaving have a two year period which ceases on 29th March 2019. The EU always takes negotiations to the 59th minute of the 11th hour so until that time comes, nobody will know what has yet to be agreed.

Unfortunately, the media is wanting to report everything as a blow-by-blow event throughout this 2 year period and this is really winding people up and most are now either bored stiff with it, or scared of an uncertain future.

The British establishment will actually be running the UK gameplan, rather than it being the scheme of TM and a few other Tories, and as such all the UK negotiations will be intended to run the clock down until 29th March 2019 when the EU will eventually claim that miracles have been performed and an agreement has been reached with the UK. The UK has played a masterstroke by putting £39bn on the table at an early stage for the EU to lose if it doesn't do a deal which is acceptable to the UK at the end.

The UK is the second biggest contributor into the EU's coffers and the EU is making Brexit as difficult as possible for us to deter any of the other contributing countries (particularly France and Holland) from attempting to leave. The smaller EU countries which have been latterly admitted are invariably net recipients of our money and so enjoy the benefits that our contributions provide. The EU will have a big blackhole in its funds when the UK leaves which will put huge financial pressure onto the economies of Germany and France mainly to provide the shortfall. The EU will not want trading with the UK to be reduced, of which the EU economies are beneficiaries, because that would put further pressure on the Germans, particularly, to continue and increase financial support to the EU to supplement the UK's former contributions. Therefore, a No Deal scenario from the EU perspective must be unimaginable.

The EU wants the "backstop" in place, or any other delaying tactic, so that until the UK eventually leaves the EU, we would still have to keep making annual payments into the EU's coffers. Th EU does not relish the UK making a clean break because our contributions would cease immediately. In the game of brinksmanship being payed out, the UK must show the EU right up to 29th March 2019 that we are prepared to do a No Deal Brexit, where all contributions to the EU immediately cease, that they will not receive £39bn and that future trade with the UK would be reduced thereafter.

What is wrong with Europe getting back to being a straightforward trading arrangement as it was before Maastricht?

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Smartbear » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:39 pm

^^this^^
I think the mission creep that happened after Maastricht has been the death knell for an EU that became to big for its (EU approved) boots.
Rob

e85 3.0si sold

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:47 pm

It’s all a pigs breakfast!
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup: