Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Mac v Windows

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
road warrior

Mac v Windows

Post by road warrior » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:06 pm

Oh dear... Had a humour bypass have we ?
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing
My wife says I never listen - or something like that.
gone but not forgotton -Mean Steve - made a sound like a bear with his nuts in a trap.

road warrior

Mac v Windows

Post by road warrior » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:07 pm

mmm-five wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:28 pm AFB3AE08-CBD8-45B5-8F19-A91A73335CFF.jpeg
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing
gone but not forgotton -Mean Steve - made a sound like a bear with his nuts in a trap.

road warrior

Mac v Windows

Post by road warrior » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:55 pm

road warrior wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:07 pm
mmm-five wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:28 pm AFB3AE08-CBD8-45B5-8F19-A91A73335CFF.jpeg
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
damn.. cant see it..

road warrior

Mac v Windows

Post by road warrior » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:59 pm

moi ? :D but Sir, I am no troll, i am merely a gentle piss taker) :rofl:
however i fear over on the brexit post there is blood to be spilt soon enough an i aint playin - no siree bub !

MrPT
Lifer
Lifer

Mac v Windows

Post by MrPT » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:10 pm

:?

GuidoK
Lifer
Lifer

Mac v Windows

Post by GuidoK » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:31 pm

road warrior wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:17 am i think most people know android is linux in a suit and yes linux is wonderful, but as its open source, it will never get commercial like windows or apple
Red Hat makes an annual revenue of about 3 billion. Obviously far less than apple, but pretty good for a distributor of an open source software package.
Linux (and their derivatives) are by far the #1 operating system in the webserverdomain. (and probably also in the scientific domain)
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | fully polybushed | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers | Sachs Race Engineering clutch

road warrior

Mac v Windows

Post by road warrior » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:33 pm

quite right too :thumbsup: didnt know it was that much though

GuidoK
Lifer
Lifer

Mac v Windows

Post by GuidoK » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:38 pm

NeilP wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:32 pm
GuidoK wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:11 am
[real geek mode] not according to Rossmann....[/real geek mode]
His business model is brilliant - slate the product that is his bread and butter.
haha. Indeed, but if you hear what kind of crap he gets from apple and the apple stores/genius bar I don't blame him.
It's utter crap the products apple sell and the support they give. The only thing brilliant about apple is their marketing department.
They have a complete nazi attitude towards rights of customers and the supporting community.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | fully polybushed | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers | Sachs Race Engineering clutch

NeilP

Mac v Windows

Post by NeilP » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:13 pm

GuidoK wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:38 pm haha. Indeed, but if you hear what kind of crap he gets from apple and the apple stores/genius bar I don't blame him.
It's utter crap the products apple sell and the support they give. The only thing brilliant about apple is their marketing department.
They have a complete nazi attitude towards rights of customers and the supporting community.
I agree about community support with right to repair etc

Unfortunately it does fall on the retail stores to do much of the heavy lifting and it does boil down to who you see on the day.

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Mac v Windows

Post by TitanTim » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:05 am

Had this delema 12 months ago when replacing a Dell XPS laptop, wanted to like the MacBook Pro but the more you researched them the more you realise it's old internals in a flashy chassis at a ridiculous price so ended up with another Dell. Same with Apple phones so a thumbs down from me.

Tim.

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mac v Windows

Post by sp3ctre » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:15 am

TitanTim wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:05 am Had this delema 12 months ago when replacing a Dell XPS laptop, wanted to like the MacBook Pro but the more you researched them the more you realise it's old internals in a flashy chassis at a ridiculous price so ended up with another Dell. Same with Apple phones so a thumbs down from me.

Tim.
With respect, if you do research you end up with that view. If you actually use one day to day you may well feel different. I use a Macbook Pronat home and a bleeding edge Windows laptop at work. Home kit feels better and performs better.

I don’t care what people use, it doesn’t affect me, just pointing out it’s not all about the specs.
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Mac v Windows

Post by TitanTim » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:35 am

sp3ctre wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:15 am
TitanTim wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:05 am Had this delema 12 months ago when replacing a Dell XPS laptop, wanted to like the MacBook Pro but the more you researched them the more you realise it's old internals in a flashy chassis at a ridiculous price so ended up with another Dell. Same with Apple phones so a thumbs down from me.

Tim.
With respect, if you do research you end up with that view. If you actually use one day to day you may well feel different. I use a Macbook Pronat home and a bleeding edge Windows laptop at work. Home kit feels better and performs better.

I don’t care what people use, it doesn’t affect me, just pointing out it’s not all about the specs.
Sorry I disagree but it comes down to budget and what you get for your cash and MacBooks really are a ripoff on the hardware side at their price point. I don't know about operating systems which is really what the topic is about but certainly when I looked at a MacBook Pro alongside the top of the range Dell XPS I felt no comparison and you are paying a grand more for the brand name. I didn't really want to spend the extra to find that out. Just my thoughts :)

Tim.

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mac v Windows

Post by sp3ctre » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:38 am

Totally agree Tim, enjoy driving your MX-5 ;)
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Mac v Windows

Post by TitanTim » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:58 am

sp3ctre wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:38 am Totally agree Tim, enjoy driving your MX-5 ;)
We will always champion what we've spent our hard earned cash on :wink:

Tim.

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Mac v Windows

Post by ronk » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:45 am

iPhone/iPad/ iMac integrate very well. Ie photo on one appears on other etc. You’ll have to forgive my ignorance here but does it work like that on Windows now?
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup: