Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

McGuinness & Flintoff hosting new Top Gear

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:22 pm

Each of them good at what they Do/Did but in the Top Gear Presenter role???? - I doubt it will work for me.
Never mind, I know where the off button is and I will give it a chance before I press it!

As Harvard said " It's in your blood, not just something you can read lines for" and that about sums it up!
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

montymog

Post by montymog » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:53 pm

grand tour Amazon :topicclosed: :dance2:
e85 3.0si monaco metallic extended oregon cream leather.m seats all electric with heating and extensions.m multifunction s/wheel reverse sensors.light maple wood trim m suspension ect.ect. running on eagle f1 assy 3s

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nictrix » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:57 pm

It wont be long before they have that fat t**t James Corden hosting it.
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:19 pm

Or Peter Kay following his Car Share stuff! :headbang:

When I read McGuiness I was thinking it may be OK, but I was thinking of John McGuiness - I'd watch that!
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Post by firebobby » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:26 pm

Nictrix wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:57 pm It wont be long before they have that fat t**t James Corden hosting it.
You got that right, he seems to be on everything else in the world :thumbsdown:
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

road warrior

Post by road warrior » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:06 pm

It would seem whoever has thought of this rediculous pairing has no clue and needs his bumps feeling, and smacks of desperation, and it made me remember something, a long time ago I was placed in a job I had no knowledge of, but it was the dying task of a guy that was leaving, and so it ticked a box. As BBC bosses are time bound and then another is parachuted in to make his own personal cockup. Is this a dying act ?
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing
My wife says I never listen - or something like that.
gone but not forgotton -Mean Steve - made a sound like a bear with his nuts in a trap.

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:08 pm

PerryGunn wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:15 am F*ck me - and there was I thinking, whoever the BBC chose, it couldn't be worse than Chris Evans...
+1

But they seem to have managed it. :cry:

road warrior

Post by road warrior » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:29 pm

What am I thinking....these 2 are pure comedy.. Jeremy must be laughing his head off. :rofl:
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing
My wife says I never listen - or something like that.
gone but not forgotton -Mean Steve - made a sound like a bear with his nuts in a trap.

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Post by TitanTim » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:51 am

I just wish they would bring back the proper presenters :(

Its never been the same.

Tim.

Beerman

Post by Beerman » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:27 am

montymog wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:53 pm grand tour Amazon :topicclosed: :dance2:
The Grand Tour largely been a failure in my opinion. A few good episodes, but lots of really poor ones.

Clarkson, Hammond and May had a fresh start and all they could do was follow the same format as closely as possible and add in repetitive penis jokes.

The rumours have been strong for a long time The Grand Tour wouldn't go past the third year. Clarkson had to heavily deny that 6-8 months ago. There is still no news about renewing their contracts.

It can't be long before The Grand Tour is back again? It looks to be November and December the previous series have started. Things seem strangely quiet as the last couple of times Amazon were relentless in their advertising and promotion.

The last series of Top Gear was better than what The Grand Tour have managed. There is still one series of the current team before having to worry what the new pairing do.

djstan

Post by djstan » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:35 am

What alternative shows are there to Top Gear and Grand Tour? Is Fifth Gear still going? I miss C4's Driven - that was a good prog.
10-plate E89 35i, Deep Sea Blue
67-plate F15 X5 35d, Space Grey

djstan

Post by djstan » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:38 am

Beerman wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:27 am The Grand Tour largely been a failure in my opinion. A few good episodes, but lots of really poor ones.

Clarkson, Hammond and May had a fresh start and all they could do was follow the same format as closely as possible and add in repetitive penis jokes.

The rumours have been strong for a long time The Grand Tour wouldn't go past the third year. Clarkson had to heavily deny that 6-8 months ago. There is still no news about renewing their contracts.

It can't be long before The Grand Tour is back again? It looks to be November and December the previous series have started. Things seem strangely quiet as the last couple of times Amazon were relentless in their advertising and promotion.

The last series of Top Gear was better than what The Grand Tour have managed. There is still one series of the current team before having to worry what the new pairing do.
I agree with a lot of this. It's the same jokes, the same skits on the drives-through-amazing-places. It's funny, yes, but it's stale now - time for a reinvention (or something new!).
10-plate E89 35i, Deep Sea Blue
67-plate F15 X5 35d, Space Grey

Lance

Post by Lance » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:43 am

That's TG done for me! Didn't watch it much after Clarkson and co moved on, CHRIS EVANS just seem to shout a lot, the others were ok, but not really entertaining enough.
As for Flintoff, I just won't watch anything with him in any show. I really have no idea why or how he appears on the telly, a complete waste of space IMO.

PerryGunn
Lifer
Lifer

Post by PerryGunn » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:57 am

djstan wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:35 am What alternative shows are there to Top Gear and Grand Tour? Is Fifth Gear still going?
5th Gear is on Quest on Thursday evening at 9pm - thread about it is here
Alpina Roadster S #320
* Quaife ATB LSD * StrongStrut Braces * Turner RTAB Limiters * Gap-Tech RCH+ *
* Intravee & KCA-420i * Mini 0806 * Cheetah C550 * Stubby *

Beerman

Post by Beerman » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:05 am

djstan wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:38 am
Beerman wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:27 am The Grand Tour largely been a failure in my opinion. A few good episodes, but lots of really poor ones.

I agree with a lot of this. It's the same jokes, the same skits on the drives-through-amazing-places. It's funny, yes, but it's stale now - time for a reinvention (or something new!).
The thing is when asked this question everyone struggles to come up with any new ideas.

I want to see exciting cars. Supercars, sports cars and even hot hatch battles. I like to see timed lap challenges. I hate the Mickey Mouse track The Grand Tour has. It ruins a large part of the show.

I like having three old car challenges. They need to pick interesting cars and make the challenges a bit more fun or relevant.

I don't want to see normal cars. Sensible reviews are boring and there's plenty of people already doing that.

Both Top Gear and The Grand Tour and entertainment shows based around cars. Some of the challenges are fun and most of the best episodes are mostly about the scenery and experiences. If the presenters are having fun I'm having fun watching them.

What fell short with The Grand Tour was it feels like Clarkson, Hammond and May have lost their drive. Watch old Top Gear and they seem to be having a genuinely good laugh. It now feels forced. That's where the magic has been lost the most.

The constant jokes about penis' and lady bits are cringeworthy too. It's humour for 5 year olds and they were doing it every episode.

Any car show is better than no car show. Both still have something to give although need something new to bring the magic back. I'll watch both and make the best of it.

I still watch Fifth Gear even though it's dwindled down to Quest as hardly anyone watches. It's been good in parts this series, but also requires a refresh.
Last edited by Beerman on Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.