Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Put some ‘kin effort in...!!!!

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Havard

Post by Havard » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:31 pm

Always a dodgy game being over familiar. My old boss who was generally very professional, in his 60's, decided to call a customer "mate".

They guy, who he knew reasonably well, said "Who are you calling mate? I am not your mate, I am a client and want to be f*ing treated that way..!!"

As a sales guy, I always use people's names. Never use buddy, mate, pal...."dude" would defo send me over the edge.... :evil:

H.
ImageImage

Jembo
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Jembo » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:32 am

Chris_D wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:17 pm Coulda been worse John; he coulda referred to you as 'dahling'.
"oh hi dahling, you're interested in the new z4 dahling? faaaaabulous choice dahling, faaaaabulous choice, let me see what I can do dahlink"
:lol:
I disagree... ‘Captain Darling’ would have been even worse
Joined the dark side with a ///M Hell Bronze Sepang Coupe :happyclap:
Ex Aug 2005 Maldives Blue 3 litre cruizer, lots of toyz,

Lifer 54

Jembo
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Jembo » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:38 am

Havard wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:31 pm Always a dodgy game being over familiar. My old boss who was generally very professional, in his 60's, decided to call a customer "mate".

They guy, who he knew reasonably well, said "Who are you calling mate? I am not your mate, I am a client and want to be f*ing treated that way..!!"

As a sales guy, I always use people's names. Never use buddy, mate, pal...."dude" would defo send me over the edge.... :evil:

H.
Believe originated from an East End of London / Essex term of endearment when they couldn’t remember your name.

From mate, to Buddy, to fella... & a few years ago ‘Bro’ seem to have emerged... ingrained in our culture now
Joined the dark side with a ///M Hell Bronze Sepang Coupe :happyclap:
Ex Aug 2005 Maldives Blue 3 litre cruizer, lots of toyz,

Lifer 54

Havard

Post by Havard » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:26 pm

Jembo wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:38 am
Havard wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:31 pm Always a dodgy game being over familiar. My old boss who was generally very professional, in his 60's, decided to call a customer "mate".

H.
Believe originated from an East End of London / Essex term of endearment when they couldn’t remember your name.

From mate, to Buddy, to fella... & a few years ago ‘Bro’ seem to have emerged... ingrained in our culture now
Fella and Bro, yep....forgot those. Guaranteed to get the blood pressure up in professional situations those..!!

H.
ImageImage

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:31 pm

When I went to a dealer to buy Mrs K’s 335 we had the full attention of a Herbert who was in a tieless shirt, rolled up sleeves and chewing gum!!!
He followed up my purchase elseware with a phone call when he attempted to bollock me for his failed sales pitch.

While I was working, someone phoned with a question re a component I had designed, my boss albeit 10yrs younger took the call and with his best telephone voice said “one moment I will get the LAD who designed it” I was close to 60 and retirement at the time!

Another grumpy old git and his old git wife.
All joking apart it jusr a general reduction in standards :thumbsdown:
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup: