Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

BMW approved used car - breach of contract?

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Z4M-2006
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Z4M-2006 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:13 am

How old is this 5 series ?

If this car had 4 buckled wheels then surely it would drive like a broken trolley jack

Jembo
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Jembo » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:56 am

Nictrix wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:54 am Could it be that there is nothing wrong with the car but someone they know wanted it so cancelled your purchase?
It is either this, or, with 4 buckled wheels means it may have been ‘jumped’ at high speed, affecting shocks, mounts, chassis & has more serious problems.

I would suggest, go visit to politely express your disappointment & ask ‘off the record’ what the real issue with the car is. If it’s considered in bad condition, selling to you who would one day on-sell would cause them future problems... so easier to withdraw
Joined the dark side with a ///M Hell Bronze Sepang Coupe :happyclap:
Ex Aug 2005 Maldives Blue 3 litre cruizer, lots of toyz,

Lifer 54

z4wannabe

Post by z4wannabe » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:44 pm

Thanks for all the various responses.
The dealer has now come clean on the issue: apart from a few minor cosmetic issues, the four buckled wheels mean they can't be certain this won't then transpire to have also caused suspension damage etc.
So, yes, walking away with deposit and the hunt resumes.
But I did explain point out to them that: a) honesty upfront goes a long way; b) an apology after 3 days is 3 days too late; c) their contract is not fit-for-purpose for AUC cars in this situation.
In return, they will look out for a car with similar spec and 'do a deal'.
Current: 330d M Sport 2009
Sold: Z4 Coupe 3.0si 2009
Sold: Z4 Roadster 3.0i 2004