Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

What did the EU ever do for us?

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:38 pm

Yes, and the Scandinavians generally don't seem to be big fans of the Euro-project!

Maybe we are being given a hard time in the hope that it deters other nations from "jumping ship". :P
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Flyingfifer

Post by Flyingfifer » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:33 am

SpiketheBike wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:05 pm I totally agree that the EU have shown themselves to be exactly what a lot of people thought. Self serving bureaucrats who dont really care who they upset.
While I dont disagree that they are self serving its to be expected that they are mainly focused on whats best for the EU and its members, for example the Irish question poses significant problems for both sides, why should they capitulate to us?
SpiketheBike wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:05 pm What realy annoyed me about the referendum, was that no one knew what article 50 meant. If you've read it, you'll know itmis about 3 sentences long, and tells you nothing. The EU obviously thought no one would ever have the audacity to leave, and article 50 was nothing more then lip service.
3 sentences is a bit of an over exaggeration...
http://www.europarl.europa.eu/RegData/e ... 971_EN.pdf

What exactly did you want it to tell you? Every single facet of the final arrangement is subject to the negotiations between the EU and the departing country.
SpiketheBike wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:05 pm One thing no ever seems to be mentioned, is whilst the result of the vote was 52/48, about 1/3 of people didn't bother voting. One has to assume that they were not bothered if we left or not, so it could be argued that actually the result should have been in the region of 66/34.
:rofl: or just as easily 60/40 in favour to stay. You could also argue that they thought that it wouldnt happen and so felt that they didnt need to vote. This is a pointless statement as is exactly why those that dont vote arent counted.
2006 3.0Si Coupé in Monaco Blau with all the optional trimmings