Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Aldi and Lidl air compressors and tools

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
greg81

Post by greg81 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:13 pm

Both stores have their air compressors and selection of air tools on pre-order again this week.

Anyone have any experience with these?

I'm going to pick one up for very light occasional use. Despite the plethora of know-it-alls in the world I find their tools decent for light home use and have never had anything fail on me.

Can't go wrong for £80 and a 3 year no-quibble warranty

Tyreman

Post by Tyreman » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:37 pm

I'm interested if anyone has experience of these too :thumbsup:

RROB

Post by RROB » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:33 pm

I bought similar deal a couple of years ago..... fine for small occasional use.... you get what you pay for... if its similar kit suits me fine

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:00 pm

I've bought a few things in there - an SDS drill, electric saw and a rechargeable drill and never had any problems with any of them for domestic use.

But last year I did buy a tyre compressor that didn't work. As I had bought it months before I found out they didn't offer a refund, but directed me to Ring Automotive who must have supplied it. I sent it back to them and they sent me a new one, although didn't pay my postage.

So if I learnt anything it's to make it works soon after buying! :roll:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

dgm

Post by dgm » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:50 am

Not the air tools but I bought a Parkside mains impact wrench from Lidl this year which worked during a weeks intensive use and then went on fire when in operation. Also had a tyre compressor from Lidl which lasted a couple of months and then chucked it. Not impressed at all really.
06 Z4MC, Sapphire black, Aero sideskirts, BMW strutbrace, CSL's, Remus back boxes, Intravee and Alpine DAB

Bottom

Post by Bottom » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:24 pm

I’ve had an ALDI compressor for about 8 years now, it works fine for my purposes. You need to follow the instructions on lubing and draining it, but that’s no hardship. I run a couple of air tools and spray guns off it, as well as a tyre inflator.
They used to sell a retractable air hose which is really handy.

greg81

Post by greg81 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:04 pm

I ended up going with one of these in the end instead. I've had a few bits from SGS and always been faultless

https://www.sgs-engineering.com/air-com ... r-tool-kit

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:42 pm

greg81 wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:04 pm I've had a few bits from SGS and always been faultless
That's reassuring - I bought one of their jacks earlier this year!
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Tyreman

Post by Tyreman » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:54 pm

Mr Tidy wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:42 pm
greg81 wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:04 pm I've had a few bits from SGS and always been faultless
That's reassuring - I bought one of their jacks earlier this year!
I can vouch for the jack & axle stands combo :thumbsup: