Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

TV help - freeview.

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
ben g
Lifer
Lifer

TV help - freeview.

Post by ben g » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:48 am

I am decorating one of my bedrooms and need to connect the TV on the wall to something to get freeview (or any channels for that matter).

The TV has freeview built in, but obviously needs an aerial to receive it.

I have an aerial already set up inside my loft, which currently has cables connected to it, which runs to the master bedroom TV and kitchen TV, which both have freeview on them.

What, in easy to understand terms, do I need to connect the TV to this aerial? I know I need coaxial cable, but what connectors do I need?

Also, the aerial wire will need to be hidden behind the wall, so this will make it a bit more difficult. Are there any boxes I can plug into the TV, so I don't need to use the aerial at all?

Sorry for the questions, but I'm having major brain fade regarding this subject :lol: I feel like I'm making a mountain out of a molehill.

Just for reference, this is the TV currently:
DSC_6952.JPG
DSC_6952.JPG (126.05 KiB) Viewed 528 times
And this is the exterior wall behind it, so theoretically I could come out the wall in the loft, where that black cable is coming out, and then back in behind the TV?
DSC_6960.JPG
DSC_6960.JPG (177.62 KiB) Viewed 528 times
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP.

jabber
Lifer
Lifer

TV help - freeview.

Post by jabber » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:48 pm

The easiest thing would be to run another lead outside and buy a splitter for the connection in the loft
Z less again
14 E89 Z4 2.0 msport grey gone now
10 E89 Z4 3.0 Black auto now. Very sadly gone
Gone 04 E85 z4 3.0 Maldives blue smg

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

TV help - freeview.

Post by Nictrix » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:54 pm

Does the wall have a cavity and could you get access to the cavity from the loft?
If you can I would buy a fish tape and put it down the wall from the cavity in the loft.
Make a hole in the wall behind the tv and once you locate the fish tape, tie it onto a length of coax and pull it back into the loft.
There are mounting plates that you could fix onto the wall for the coax to tidy it up.
I ran a coax cable from my loft down the exterior cavity into the foundations and along and up into my living room.
The hardest part was getting the fish tape all the way from the loft to the foundation but a bit of trial and error got it done.
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

buzyg
Legend
Legend

TV help - freeview.

Post by buzyg » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:19 pm

Have you checked that a simple indoor antenna Ae, behind the TV won't pick up free view. May not, but worth testing before you go re wiring the house.