Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

V5 and GDPR

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Sidewaze Samm

V5 and GDPR

Post by Sidewaze Samm » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:44 pm

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed that V5 'logbooks' no longer show the details of the previous keeper. Seems to be to do with the recent GDPR (or whatever the new DPA regs are called).
Stupid in my opinion - being able to establish who the previous owner was can be invaluable when looking to buy a car (previous registered keeper Avis or Hertz anyone?) or in dispute with a dealer (possibly like the person who has bought the zed that we previously returned to the dealer as being, basically, cr@p. If they were to make contact with me, I could give them sufficient facts so they could establish the dealer knowingly sold them a faulty car; but without the contact details...).
Still, the GDPR stuff comes from a directive from the EU - so it must be good for us!
2008 E85 3.0si
Space Grey, Dream Red New England heated Msports.
Xenons, MFSW, cruise, PDC, wind deflector.
ZHP, stubby, gloss black grilles, DLV box, gaptech, no CDV.

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

V5 and GDPR

Post by Mr Tidy » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:42 pm

I had read that the DVLA will no longer provide details of previous registered keepers, but I didn't know you don't even get the previous keeper on the V5! :o

They could reinstate it once we've left (but somehow I doubt that will happen). :roll:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

NickDE

V5 and GDPR

Post by NickDE » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:45 pm

Do you want all the purchasers of your past cars to have yor full name and address ?
Darkness gone, go Darknes2, go Frozen, go Tronic

mr.tourette
Lifer
Lifer

V5 and GDPR

Post by mr.tourette » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:44 pm

NickDE wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:45 pm Do you want all the purchasers of your past cars to have yor full name and address ?
This!

Good thing imho.. hate the way our personal info is stored willy nilly.. then sold on to the criminal fraternity as soon as these companies are hacked, just got an email from Currys the other day saying they have "been victims of a cyber attack" that has taken all the data they have stored of their customer base..pisses me off now half the places you shop want your name address email phone number etc then cant be arsed storing it securely.. rant ove.. r sorry.. this stuff boils my piss a bit :D
if its got tits or tyres..its trouble :D

buzyg
Legend
Legend

V5 and GDPR

Post by buzyg » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:15 pm

NickDE wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:45 pm Do you want all the purchasers of your past cars to have yor full name and address ?
I have no problem with that. :D I have contacted the previous owner on a number of occasions when, buying a car from a barrage forecourt. Valuable information can be found.i

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

V5 and GDPR

Post by Mr Tidy » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:18 pm

Well it wouldn't bother me too much - I'm on house number 9 in 30ish years! :)
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

srhutch

V5 and GDPR

Post by srhutch » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:22 pm

I’ve not had a Romanian parking/toll fine for a while, but would like to think GDPR would have an effect on this also. The DVLA have said they won’t give out my details without photographic proof. Where as before they issued details automatically and electronically via a database lookup of the reg to their authorised parking/toll companies.

NickDE

V5 and GDPR

Post by NickDE » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:13 pm

Mr Tidy wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:18 pm
Well it wouldn't bother me too much - I'm on house number 9 in 30ish years! :)
You're not trying hard enough. I've done 9 in the last 10 years. :P
Darkness gone, go Darknes2, go Frozen, go Tronic

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

V5 and GDPR

Post by Mr Tidy » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:37 pm

NickDE wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:13 pm You're not trying hard enough. I've done 9 in the last 10 years.
I guess it's one way to stay a step ahead of the bailiffs! :rofl:
Coupes because stunning!
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black