Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Parking in Blue Badge area

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:04 pm

Every time I bring a Z4 to Germany inevitably someone always says you can’t park there (Blue Badge area) even tho I display the badge - it seems that a combination of a Z4 and a blue badge isn’t the norm!

It isn’t just once or twice either - I suspect the Germans respect the badge and why it was issued. Maybe it should be more like that at home?
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:48 pm

Absolutely it should be like that here, trouble being you’re up against the most selfish ignorant pond scum that don’t give diddly squat about anybody else, plus you can now get a blue badge for being a fat greedy obese pile of whale sh*t that actively seeks out obtaining a badge to make it easier to park close to Greggs, mickey dee’s Etc, so faced with those types of morons it’s a losing battle. :x
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Post by firebobby » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:53 pm

Stop beating about the bush John :rofl:
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

Pastry

Post by Pastry » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:52 pm

firebobby wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:53 pm Stop beating about the bush John :rofl:
You took that well Fred :lol:
991 Carrera 2S
Now gone:
2008 Z4MR Midnight Blue Metallic
2006 Z4 3.0si sport Ruby Black
2006 Z4 3.0si sport Titanium Silver
2010 Z4 23i Msport and a 3.0i

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Post by firebobby » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:18 pm

Pastry wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:52 pm
firebobby wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:53 pm Stop beating about the bush John :rofl:
You took that well Fred :lol:
Well I do have a blue badge..for the lack of hair Paul :P
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

Lance

Post by Lance » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:31 pm

My mum is 78 and is partially sighted and has arthritis in her knees, she has a blue badge for when she travels in a car. I was in my Z4 with her once and pulled into a blue badge bay in Tesco, whilst my mum was fumbling looking for her badge in her bag (sight issues remember) a woman stood at the front of the bonnet and sarcastically applauded me for parking there! 10 seconds later when my mum passed me the badge she turned and walked away, no sorry gesture, nothing!

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by cj10jeeper » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:54 pm

john-e89 wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:48 pm Absolutely it should be like that here, trouble being you’re up against the most selfish ignorant pond scum that don’t give diddly squat about anybody else, plus you can now get a blue badge for being a fat greedy obese pile of whale sh*t that actively seeks out obtaining a badge to make it easier to park close to Greggs, mickey dee’s Etc, so faced with those types of morons it’s a losing battle. :x
Well given 2.4m badges and 37.5m cars the theory has legs (if not the drivers)
Are there really that many drivers incapable of walking a few metres from their cars?
Sure there are many real deserving cases, but surely not 2.4m..
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:05 pm

cj10jeeper wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:54 pm
john-e89 wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:48 pm Absolutely it should be like that here, trouble being you’re up against the most selfish ignorant pond scum that don’t give diddly squat about anybody else, plus you can now get a blue badge for being a fat greedy obese pile of whale sh*t that actively seeks out obtaining a badge to make it easier to park close to Greggs, mickey dee’s Etc, so faced with those types of morons it’s a losing battle. :x
Are there really that many drivers incapable of walking a few metres from their cars?
No doubting its a system abused by the majority giving a bad slant on the minority but piffling when compared to possibly one of the biggest taxpayer funded "scams" i can think of :wink: the "motability" car scheme
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:42 pm

It’s so easy to get one though, if you’re happy to lie and fake something up you’ve got one. I got one simply because the cardio unit at the Northern General in Sheffield is up a steep road and I simply couldn’t walk up to it from the main car parks. The request form was thorough but easy to bluff, you provide a passport photo as well so I had mine with my oxygen pipe on but in theory all I needed to do was get a nasal cannula and wear it, I didn’t need to show the oxygen pump supplying it. I so hate the abuse of this badge I refused to use it anywhere else even if that meant not finding a space, I would be taking a space off someone who did need it, and I’ve now given it back since I’ve recovered but really it’s not difficult to get one, there are plenty of assholes out there that don’t give a sh*t about playing the game, it’s pretty depressing tbh.
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by cj10jeeper » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:52 pm

john-e89 wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:42 pm
It’s so easy to get one though, if you’re happy to lie and fake something up you’ve got one. I got one simply because the cardio unit at the Northern General in Sheffield is up a steep road and I simply couldn’t walk up to it from the main car parks. The request form was thorough but easy to bluff, you provide a passport photo as well so I had mine with my oxygen pipe on but in theory all I needed to do was get a nasal cannula and wear it, I didn’t need to show the oxygen pump supplying it. I so hate the abuse of this badge I refused to use it anywhere else even if that meant not finding a space, I would be taking a space off someone who did need it, and I’ve now given it back since I’ve recovered but really it’s not difficult to get one, there are plenty of assholes out there that don’t give a sh*t about playing the game, it’s pretty depressing tbh.
I totally get it and you 100% deserve it when ill and respect to you for handing it back when not needed
When I’m in England I go daily to a local Costa that has 2 blue badge slots. I’d say 90% of folks park, slap the badge on the dash, walk in get their drink, walk out and drive off. No passenger, etc. Just abuse, but not for me to challenge as they might have serious issues, but in balance I suspect backsliding wasters.
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:00 pm

cj10jeeper wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:52 pm
john-e89 wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:42 pm
cj10jeeper wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:54 pm Well given 2.4m badges and 37.5m cars the theory has legs (if not the drivers)
I totally get it and you 100% deserve it when I’ll and respect for handing it back when not needed
When I’m in England I go daily to a local Costa that has 2 blue badge slots. I’d say 90% of folks park, slap the badge on the dash, walk in get their drink, walk out and drive off. No passenger, etc. Just abuse, but not for me to challenge as they might have serious issues, but in balance I suspect backsliding wasters.
It’s quite true people have issues that are not obvious, but if you can drive to the offy to get your ale and walk in unaided you don’t need a blue badge space regardless. As I say it’s just to easy to get one if you have the inclination, I suspect a visit from a health professional and a full history of their health would weed out the shiseters, the ones that would argue their health history is private would normally be the ones, people in genuine need of one I would think wouldn’t mind giving the their history backed up by their GP.
MR2 MK 2
E89 35is
G29

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:04 pm

If the questions on the blue badge application are answered honestly there would be no problem - A doctors approval was required but not now.
I agree they aren’t easy to get but it relies on integrity.

Some people will always cheat the benefits system

A now departed T3 pal took great delight blocking any fraudulent user in a blue bay ! He nearly got his lamps punched a few times but avoided it by saying, how hard you must look knocking a fella out of his wheelchair!!!

The form does clearly state a permanent disability.

I would love to be able to hand mine back as would, I suspect the vast majority, of other genuine users .
This one in particular!

I consider myself lucky tho - I can still walk if it’s warm albeit with a stick and a wobble - all I ask is a wide bay to get my door opened enough to get out.

My point was tho that in Germany it seems that a Z4 and a limping bay don’t seem to be compatible.
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Keet

Post by Keet » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:21 pm

I'm sure I read the other day that the blue badge scheme is being opened up to people with certain mental health conditions.

That's not going to be abused much, is it?
Keith

Alpine White, 2014 e89 20i M Sport (It's my wife's really :D)

Marlon
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Marlon » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:24 pm

Keet wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:21 pm I'm sure I read the other day that the blue badge scheme is being opened up to people with certain mental health conditions.

Ha! yeah I can see where thats going - badges for those who become stressed and have difficulties coping when they can find a parking space :|
Gone: 3.0si 2008 E85
911 997 Carrera S

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:25 pm

Keet wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:21 pm I'm sure I read the other day that the blue badge scheme is being opened up to people with certain mental health conditions.

:o Bugger...I need to get mine back then.... :P
MR2 MK 2
E89 35is
G29