Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

What happens when new cars aren’t available

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Woots
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Woots » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:26 pm

Hi guys

So we’re looking at getting a new car...and I’ve been told that the spec/engines we’d want aren’t available for 4/5 months direct from factory

I’ve heard of people buying high end cars getting loaned something to fill the gap, but im not expecting this to be the norm, I assume that is a very very rare occurrence

Especially as we aren’t getting a 120k Porsche or anything!

Anyone had this before?
Lotus Exige 350

IRD

Post by IRD » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:33 pm

Never come across this before. It’s a lovely idea. Let me know which dealers are willing to accommodate you. My experience has usually been less than positive in these circumstances. If the dealers have a waiting list they tend to shrug their shoulders and often won’t give you a price on your trade in. Understandable under the circumstances, I suppose since prices do change in five months.

un1eash

Post by un1eash » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:29 pm

You have to just order the car and wait, sometimes there may be a cancellation or earlier build slot.
I had an octavia VRs 245 on order (mega cheap pch), ordered back in October for March delivery. It was getting nearer the date and the delivery date kept getting pushed back, there was talk of june/july so I cancelled the order.