Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Anyone interested in an iDrive Arduino project I'm working on?

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
kristiaanb

Post by kristiaanb » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:26 pm

Hey IAMOrion,
I'd be interested in speaking with you further about your project and the shield you've made. I'm currently looking at doing the exact same thing for my BMW E91 so i can use the controller as an interface to a Raspberry Pi with LED screen.

I would really appreaciate it if you could contact me regarding the work you've done and if you are now selling the shields etc or offering the schematics and code?

Thanks in advance
Kristiaan.

IAmOrion

Post by IAmOrion » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:32 pm

kristiaanb wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:26 pm Hey IAMOrion,
I'd be interested in speaking with you further about your project and the shield you've made. I'm currently looking at doing the exact same thing for my BMW E91 so i can use the controller as an interface to a Raspberry Pi with LED screen.

I would really appreaciate it if you could contact me regarding the work you've done and if you are now selling the shields etc or offering the schematics and code?

Thanks in advance
Kristiaan.
Do you have facebook? You need 3 or more posts I believe in order to use PMs so without any contact info, I can't contact you
NO LONGER OWN A Z4 SO NOT AS ACTIVE HERE ANYMORE (IF AT ALL).
I STILL OFFER FREE CARLY CODING & EWS KEY/TRANSPONDER CODING AT MY HOME
IN CAMBRIDGE CB22

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Z4DIYCustomMods/

kristiaanb

Post by kristiaanb » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:44 pm

Yes you can find me as Kristiaan Bennett on facebook mate, failing that we might get over the post count shortly :)

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:11 pm

warmasice wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:47 pm Does anyone have a clue what's going on? :rofl:
:lol: They could be building a bomb big enough to blow a hole the size of Russia out of the world right under our noses and no one’s got a bloody clue it’s happening..... :rofl:

Seriously though it’s impressive stuff.
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

IAmOrion

Post by IAmOrion » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:17 pm

john-e89 wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:11 pm :lol: They could be building a bomb big enough to blow a hole the size of Russia out of the world right under our noses and no one’s got a bloody clue it’s happening..... :rofl:
Certainly not a bomb... but it is somewhat complicated stuff. Some guy recently donated $1000 (yes one thousand dollars) just for a copy of my code 8)

Now I just have to be patient and let it sit for like 2 months to play it safe (I fear the "if it seems to good to be true....")
kristiaanb wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:44 pm Yes you can find me as Kristiaan Bennett on facebook mate, failing that we might get over the post count shortly :)
I've sent you a facebook message AND a PM - neither of which you appear to have received / read
IN CAMBRIDGE CB22

warmasice

Post by warmasice » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:55 pm

john-e89 wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:11 pm
warmasice wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:47 pm Does anyone have a clue what's going on? :rofl:
:lol: They could be building a bomb big enough to blow a hole the size of Russia out of the world right under our noses and no one’s got a bloody clue it’s happening..... :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

greg81

Post by greg81 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:27 pm

Finally bought myself an Arduino Uno R3 kit this week. Great fun. I've only got as far as making a row of LEDs flash up and down though :rofl:

IAmOrion

Post by IAmOrion » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:31 pm

greg81 wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:27 pm Finally bought myself an Arduino Uno R3 kit this week. Great fun. I've only got as far as making a row of LEDs flash up and down though :rofl:
Hey, it's a start :)

If you need any help give me a shout... I've been doing stuff with Arduinos for a few years now, from 'Hacking' the iDrive, down to making a remote engine start system for me old Saab 93 - I even wrote my own iPhone app!! haha

IN CAMBRIDGE CB22

greg81

Post by greg81 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:26 pm

IAmOrion wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:31 pm
greg81 wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:27 pm Finally bought myself an Arduino Uno R3 kit this week. Great fun. I've only got as far as making a row of LEDs flash up and down though :rofl:
Hey, it's a start :)

If you need any help give me a shout... I've been doing stuff with Arduinos for a few years now, from 'Hacking' the iDrive, down to making a remote engine start system for me old Saab 93 - I even wrote my own iPhone app!! haha

Thanks very much. That's impressive stuff. Always something I've been interested in but never got round to. Fortunately I'm a C# dev so the coding part isn't too much of an issue. I particularly enjoyed the simple nano project you posted a few months back with the chasing led side repeaters. I'd like to start getting familiar with led strips I think!

IAmOrion

Post by IAmOrion » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:52 pm

greg81 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:26 pm Thanks very much. That's impressive stuff. Always something I've been interested in but never got round to. Fortunately I'm a C# dev so the coding part isn't too much of an issue. I particularly enjoyed the simple nano project you posted a few months back with the chasing led side repeaters. I'd like to start getting familiar with led strips I think!
Oooh, yeah, someone had asked me about replicating the "Phantom" indicators made by Gap Tech. The Nano fits nicely anyways, however the DigiSpark (and it's clone variants) and even smaller and based on the ATTiny85 - and only about £1 each from China (AliExpress) so well worth having some for simple LEDs projects that don't require much coding or fancy patterns ... memory is tight on the ATTiny85 for stuff like simple indicator animations and other simpler stuff they're great :thumbsup:

If you like the LED stuff, take a look at my Daft Punk Helmet LED animations I made 8) ...

IN CAMBRIDGE CB22

RickRob
Lifer
Lifer

Post by RickRob » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:42 pm

It's my bet that the Forum is unwittingly hosting Chinese plans to hack telecoms - but that couldn't happen could it!!??
///M Roadster. 2007 Black/Black. Rear spoiler, whippy aerial, mud flaps and gimp-style wind deflector! :)

greg81

Post by greg81 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:54 pm

Not sure about that, but I did just make the world's ugliest thermometer :rofl:
Attachments
IMG_20181210_214840.jpg
IMG_20181210_214840.jpg (182.67 KiB) Viewed 1731 times

IAmOrion

Post by IAmOrion » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:10 pm

greg81 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:54 pm Not sure about that, but I did just make the world's ugliest thermometer :rofl:
Dang!! You should really look into getting an I2C screen (or a cheap I2C board for that 1602 LCD)

Was that with a DHT11 / DHT22 or something else? The DHT22 gives you humidity too
IN CAMBRIDGE CB22

greg81

Post by greg81 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:14 pm

A simple, trusty thermistor :)

IAmOrion

Post by IAmOrion » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:16 pm

greg81 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:14 pm A simple, trusty thermistor :)
Ahhh, fair enough - I didn't spot it at first, but I see it now lol
IN CAMBRIDGE CB22