Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Fuming... idiot got out his car.

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Silverzedtom

Post by Silverzedtom » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:16 am

Just a bit of a vent really... I’ve just got back from getting petrol ready for a trip to France tomorrow, then this happened...

I’m driving through Crowborough town centre, Doing a genuine 30mph, I had just stopped to let an elderly woman cross a zebra so definitely didn’t have any pace, then a little black Ford Fiesta pulls out right in front of me from a side road on my left hoping to turn right. I swerved round him and gestured as if to ask ‘what are you doing!?’ No finger or anything like that.

I had the top down and could hear him going nuts behind me, so I stopped. He was already on his feet walking up to my car as I reversed back onto the pavement to see what his problem with me was.

“What the F are you gonna do about it you Pu...”

I asked him what his problem was saying “you pulled out on me, I swerved around you to avoid an accident and suddenly you have a problem”.

I got my phone out and took a picture of his reg, whilst receiving more abuse along the lines of “go on then you **** take a picture”. Took one he pushed me pretty hard before driving off.

Only reason he didn’t get a sore jaw is because there was a woman with a young girl in the car behind him.
He did push me first so now I wish I had put him on his arse.

Only thing I’d be interested to hear is how you’d move forwards, it’s a small town and my cars memorable. The last thing I need is a key run up the side when I nip to the shop etc.

Here’s the scumbag:
60EBB2D1-7BDC-4AC0-AC84-6FFC12BD1EF4.jpeg
60EBB2D1-7BDC-4AC0-AC84-6FFC12BD1EF4.jpeg (423.39 KiB) Viewed 1322 times
Rant over! :roll:
E85 2.5si
F55 Cooper S

Silverzedtom

Post by Silverzedtom » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:40 am

If I had a dash cam front and rear it would all have been on there... that has to be the next thing thing on the list before anything else.
E85 2.5si
F55 Cooper S

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Post by TitanTim » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:50 am

I don't understand, he looks quite friendly and giving you the thumbs up :?

If he pushed you then I woud say technically he assaulted you, if you have any witnesses then pursue it with the Police although doubt they woud be interested. I would just put it down to one of them, so long as there was no damage to the car and yourself then leave it be.

Tim.

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:58 am

Theres a lot of them about I’m afraid!
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Post by firebobby » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:35 pm

Find his car first and key it :thumbsup:

But really, I would Just forget it, there are plenty of these tools about. If you do get some vandalism, you know his reg number at least :evil: .
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

GAZA62
Lifer
Lifer

Post by GAZA62 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:44 pm

As you said you have a car that stands out and a prick like that is not worth the hassle enjoy your French trip :thumbsup:
T.SILVER 2004 3.0SE AUTO

IF IT WAS NOT FOR BAD LUCK I'D HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:01 pm

He will probably have more “incidents “ in the future and forget about your run in with him - or he’ll get a good old smacking which will cool him down.
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

ben g
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ben g » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:41 pm

I usually get this sort of thing daily, as I live close to London, so the roads are full of immigrants who clearly don't know how to drive correctly, or chavs who think they are the Krays.

You should have just drove on rather than reversing back. It's not worth your time trying to talk to morons like this. They only know how to be aggressive.

Oh and that's a Fiesta Zetec S he's driving. I had one of those before. Couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding, so that's probably why he's so angry :lol:
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP.

maxman

Post by maxman » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:56 pm

He's a bell end ,not worth wasting your time thinking about.Forget and enjoy your hols. :thumbsup:
On a side note ,it's worrying that morons like him have the vote. :cry:

patriot66
Lifer
Lifer

Post by patriot66 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:21 pm

Morons like him can't be arsed voting ! They haven't got enough IQ to comprehend politics. What worries me more about such idiots is that they are driving a vehicle on the same roads as you and I and are more than likely to be under the influence of drink, drugs or both ! Explains a lot of the anger and attitude that is present on todays roads :x
Sterling Grey '03 2.5i SE / Infinitas Supercharger / S.M.G / Hardtop / Gloss Black 162s / Bilstein B4s / 3.0i Brakes / DLV De-Cat & Silencer / Rebuilt VANOS / Sonar 2Xcite Lights / Carbon & Alcantara Trim / M-Sport Seats / ...& Side Covers !

jarhead

Post by jarhead » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:42 pm

ronk wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:01 pm He will probably have more “incidents “ in the future and forget about your run in with him - or he’ll get a good old smacking which will cool him down.
Have to agree with Ronk and other posts, he'll definitely have other 'incidents' come his way and probably won't even remember you again. And even if he does, the fact that you stood up to him (albeit sitting in your car) would make him think twice.

Unfortunately idiots like that are all over the place now and not worth worrying about. Two words though, 'dash cam'.
Black and beautiful 3ltr auto for fun
Peugeot 508 SW for daily use
Stripped out E46 330ci for track days

RustyZ4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by RustyZ4 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:20 pm

Typical knobhead, I wouldn't worry about him damaging your car, he probably lives in Tonbridge, and I don't think he is going to drive around looking for your car, plus he doesn't even know you are from around there
Z4 Mineral Grey, 28i MSport Auto, lots of goodies
Z4 E85 3.0, gone but now with son :D
Growing Old is Mandatory But Growing Up is Optional

Silverzedtom

Post by Silverzedtom » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:20 pm

Thanks for the replies :) I’ve calmed down a bit now!

I’ve spent most of the day detailing ready for said French road trip and can’t really be arsed to give the bloke much more thought. As it happens I can pretty easily get hold of his registered name and address - probably shouldn’t say much more but I’m going to keep the name and address in the zed folder just in case of any vandalism etc, If nothing happens to my car then that’s the end of it, but handy to have none the less.

I did actually get out once I saw him walking towards me. I know it’s how it all starts but I really do find it hard letting bullies like this carry on without saying something. I’d do anything for anyone but if someone’s out of hand I’m of the opinion that they need to be told... we all make mistakes, I’m no vettel or Hamilton, if I do something wrong I’ll apologise for it and off we go. Shame we cant all carry on like that.

Anyway I’ve had my rant, I’ve decided that the next ‘mod’ is to be a dash cam, had a good natter about z4’s with a random at Tesco and am going on a z4 road trip tomorrow :D not a bad day all things considered.
E85 2.5si
F55 Cooper S

ErrErrminator

Post by ErrErrminator » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:26 pm

Witnessed a similar thing myself on Friday.

I was in the outside lane of a dual carriageway doing 75 overtaking a row of slower traffic but coming to the end of the dual section. Mr impatient tw@ behind in a newish 7 series (I think) comes steaming up behind me, sits on my chuff, then storms past over the hatched section at the end after I pull in just as two lanes go into one.

A short distance on and he goes into the centre res for a right turn, as do I. He was by then behind a Nissan Juke who had the audacity to drive sensibly and within the 40 limit as we enter a narrow, twisty section before arriving at the next village. Kn*b head then performs a rediculously dangerous overtake of the Juke in the twisties on a pretty much blind bend. I can only assume Juke driver (respectable looking chap in shirt and tie) may have shaken the coffee beans at the idiot (I must admit I did), as he then jammed on the anchors and stoped abruptly diagonally across the road in front of the Juke, bringing several vehicles behind to a halt, including me, jumps out his car and storms up to the Juke to yell abuse at the driver, shaking his fist. The guy was like a Neanderthal. Thick in the arm, thick in the head, full on fury. Anyway, Juke driver seemed to remain calm, probably because he knew he’d caught this all on his dash cam. D1ck head then gets back in his car and proceeds at a sensible speed through the village, even letting someone coming the other way make a right turn in front of him.

I wonder if this complete change from aggressive, fast and dangerous driving to slow and courteous had anything to do with the dash cam he now knew he had following him? 😄

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:34 pm

Its endemic when u drive zed unfortunately.
Even over here in normally easy-going Holland I've been chased down, pursued, cut up, tailgated and generally abused by other road users more times than i care to remember.

This one time and elderly chap pursued me for about 20km from the motorway all the way to my local petrol station. He was livid because he had the totally misconstrued belief that I had cut him up while entering a 2km long offramp.

The veins in his forehead were literally bursting he was so enraged!

It was a bit of a gamble but I apologised for his distress and offered to give him a hug. He looked eager to throw his fists around up to that point but it just threw him for six! 😁😁😁😁

Best course of action is not to respond to aggressiveness and certainly dont escalate the situation by stopping and getting into an argument.
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.