Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

When did you start to feel old?

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:59 pm

With all this in mind, what age would you choose to be?
Obviously nobody at 30 is going to say 60 so I aim the question at us older felkas.

From my approaching 71 status I would say I would like to go back to my early 50’s
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Marlon
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Marlon » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:23 pm

Yesterday when my little girl graduated :)
Graduation - 1 (4).jpg
Graduation - 1 (4).jpg (359.45 KiB) Viewed 774 times
Gone: 3.0si 2008 E85
911 997 Carrera S

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:54 pm

Marlon wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:23 pm Yesterday when my little girl graduated :)
Graduation - 1 (4).jpg
It’s a good feeling :thumbsup:

KevZ4

Post by KevZ4 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:17 pm

Feel Old Well Lets See, I am 59, :x Retired ill Health, so yes sometime I feel OLD, But being at home most of the time I found a love for PC's building them and Gaming, Over the 22 Years I have been at home, I grew to Love Pc games, and still Play them with my sons that makes me feel younger, :D :D
I was told by my sons Dad Why don't you do a Live stream, :rofl:
So I Stream some times as KrullenNostromo (gaming name) The Cockney Old Git, :roll: :roll:
Also love of Cars was with the RX-8 owners club for a few years enjoyed the meets and mixed with others, made me feel younger :driving: and now with the Z4 club, :driving: :driving: feeling OLD is a mind state, yes i am am old to some, but my Mrs says i am 59 going on 18 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: , So I am Still Young :D :D

So I guess I will start to feel Old when I can not do any of above anymore :x :x
watch this space hehe
3.0i, M-Sport Suspension (FF),Colour Merlot, Beige Interior/ also avid Pc Gamer, love Live Music, got Multi Track Air con Rehearsal Studio......

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:47 pm

Marlon wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:23 pm Yesterday when my little girl graduated :)
Graduation - 1 (4).jpg
Proud dad. :thumbsup: Remember that day in the G household well. :D

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:56 pm

Turn up for our group walk on Dartmoor today. Spotted a older looking tall lady, ready for the off in her shorts. Turns out she is 80 fecking 7. Yes I said 87. :o had no trouble keeping up with us younguns :thumbsup: Then after about 6 miles, said her good buys and headed off, completely alone, back across the moor to the cars. Amazing woman. Now I just feel young and out of shape. :lol:

Jaw

Post by Jaw » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:02 pm

I'm bi-polar old. Sometimes I feel young and invincible, other times I feel over the hill. This will only get worse at 31 :rofl:
Z4M Roadster - Gone but not forgotten
E92 M3 | 981 Boxster S | Corvette C4 | 996 911 Gemballa |XR8 | Whatever else is lurking in the garage

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:23 pm

Jaw wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:02 pm I'm bi-polar old. Sometimes I feel young and invincible, other times I feel over the hill. This will only get worse at 31
Thanks for that! :P

Just make sure you enjoy it while you can! :thumbsup:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Bumpy

Post by Bumpy » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:53 pm

June 8, 2006 at 5:45 PM
Yup - That is the moment I entered old age.
I was 54.
At 5:44 PM I was riding my Harley Davidson to a weekly gathering at a BBQ Chicken joint and reflecting upon how busy the traffic was.
Distracted driver in a van, on her cell phone didn't see me when she cut across traffic from a side street.
Wrote the bike off and spent almost 3 weeks in hospital.
And here I was expecting to be complaining about football injuries.
I have lots more now.

Treat yourself every day.
Bumpy

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:30 am

25 May 2006 at the Royal Albert Hall - I went to the gent's before we went to our seats.

But I had a TIA on the way, so never got there - just to A & E.

We all only get one go at this, so just make the most of it! :thumbsup:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

paulc_bkk

Post by paulc_bkk » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:44 am

When I was 38 I picked up an E36 Convertible, and everyone at work said that was it - that's the beginning of my midlife crisis right there.

I'm 44 and during the last few years have experienced some long-distance family stress, and in the last 12 months or so I started to notice some grey hairs. That was a specific moment when I started to feel a bit old. That said, I've recently notice my significant other starting to get grey hairs, and she's only 33 - so I don't feel so bad about that anymore.

I haven't set foot in a nightclub in years
Modern 'dance music' sounds more like car-alarms than musical tunes worth dancing to
Radio 2 seems much better than Radio 1
Hangovers take much longer to recover from

Getting the Z4 was a "you only live once" decision. Life's short - Live it!

greg81

Post by greg81 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:06 pm

It's been interesting sitting back enjoying this thread since creating it and seeing how everyone has different views on being old and feeling old.

I guess it's a tough one for me. I know in most people's eyes I'm young at 36, but for me I consider that way passed middle aged. I was diagnosed with Diffuse B-Cell lymphoma at 25 and spent a month on a ventilator when the pioneering chemo left me with complete respitory failure. That was followed by surgery to fix a heart defect a couple of months later. A year on from that They found another tumour growing on my spinal cord so I spent a few weeks bed bound after surgery to remove that.

I'm not after sympathy, but this is what's made me very aware of my mortality and in turn very aware of every ache and pain I suffer from. Especially now I have small kids

I'd like to think I've got another 20 years in me though. Here's hoping!

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:32 pm

Mr Tidy wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:30 am
But I had a TIA on the way, so never got there - just to A & E.

We all only get one go at this, so just make the most of it! :thumbsup:
A very true sentiment - but sad that most of us need such a kick up the arse! We also need the odd gentle reminder when we start to lapse back into our old sensible ways.

After reading some of the conditions and experiences of others on here, it’s made me thankful that I’ve got away with three goes with the surgeons knife and a season ticket at my local pharmacy.

Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nanu » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:22 pm

Having read all the different reasons for feeling old I still consider Ronk's signature probably the most accurate for all of us that are "No longer spring chickens"

PS The length of time it takes to get over a hangover comes a pretty close second though :(
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:15 pm

I take no credit for the quotation.

The phrase was used by the Trevelyan family late of Wallington Hall near Morpeth in south Northumberland.

It holds true to this day tho’ and I just hope it has some substance - I’m trying my best to prove it .

What’s the next toy? :rofl: