Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Airport parting at Gatwick - hotel / driveway?

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
jamiez

Post by jamiez » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:49 am

Hi Guys - we are going away for a few days and need to sort out parking at Gatwick North. It must be somewhere where I park and take my keys with me AND it must be hassle free since we will have our 18 month old daughter in toe and my mrs bags :)

When we fly from Heathrow, I have used a guy for a years who lets us park on his drive and drops us off / picks us up from the airport - amazing service, very safe and very competitive on price

Looking at parking options in Gatwick - looks like i'm faced pretty much with one option that fits my bill - forking out £110 for on airport parking which allows me to park, and walk for 2 mins into the terminal. This is ideal but just feel that its pretty steep for 5 days parking!

Anyone else got any other ideas?

Cheers!
Z4MC | Midnight Blue | OEM CSL's + MPSS | Extended Light Sepang Leather | Folding Mirrors | Stubby| BT | Prof Nav | DSP HiFi | Intravee | Privacy | Illuminated ZHP…

Monkeydonkeyratmagic

Post by Monkeydonkeyratmagic » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:33 am

Is that for the long stay? Try booking a hotel with parking and see what comes up. There are no other car parks on site that allow you to keep your keys.

That does seem steep though. It's £20 a day if you just turn up. Try booking it on holiday extras rather than going direct. It's never cheaper going direct.
MR-2 Turbo Rev2

Yep no Z yet. On the hunt.

mmm-five
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mmm-five » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:54 am

Try Looking4Parking (with MoneySavingExpert code 'AWMSEPLUS').

Saw a local B&B there offering parking for about £40/week.
Trigger’s Z4MC
Some bits now over 163,000 miles, some less than 1,000 miles.
Individual Ruby Black, Individual extended champagne leather, plus many options

PerryGunn
Lifer
Lifer

Post by PerryGunn » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:15 pm

I always use the Gatwick long stay car parks - the bus transfers are no problem even with cases/kids.

Even if you're travelling from North Terminal it's worth looking at the prices for the South Terminal long stay as they're often cheaper and the monorail makes moving between North/South terminals so quick and easy
Alpina Roadster S #320
* Quaife ATB LSD * StrongStrut Braces * Turner RTAB Limiters * Gap-Tech RCH+ *
* Intravee & KCA-420i * Mini 0806 * Cheetah C550 * Stubby *

oldgitdave

Post by oldgitdave » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:29 pm

Have you thought about a one way hire car? Usually works out much cheaper than parking up. I used to do it from Derby to Stanstead for less than £25 + fuel when holidaying in North Cyprus. That was a few years ago though. Also found that I'd be on the motorway on the way home within half an hour of leaving the terminal. Much sooner than having to wait for the car park bus & then do a tour of the car park before eventually getting to my car!
Zedless :(

2dogs
Lifer
Lifer

Post by 2dogs » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:36 pm

I used bookfhr.com last year they have some good deals :thumbsup:
Blue Z4MC - now gone

jamiez

Post by jamiez » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:22 pm

mmm-five wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:54 am Try Looking4Parking (with MoneySavingExpert code 'AWMSEPLUS').

Saw a local B&B there offering parking for about £40/week.
Thanks for the share - have you ever left you ///M with them?
Did a quick search now and most of them are meet and greet and the park/fly options says you need to leave keys with the car.
There is no chance im leaving my keys with any outfit !! :)
Z4MC | Midnight Blue | OEM CSL's + MPSS | Extended Light Sepang Leather | Folding Mirrors | Stubby| BT | Prof Nav | DSP HiFi | Intravee | Privacy | Illuminated ZHP…

mmm-five
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mmm-five » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:29 pm

jamiez wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:22 pm Thanks for the share - have you ever left you ///M with them?
Have used the site, but never anything at Gatwick.

I also do not trust the meet & greet ones, so either use the site I posted, or (if it's on expenses) I'll park in the short/long stay parking at whatever airport I happen to be going from.
Trigger’s Z4MC
Some bits now over 163,000 miles, some less than 1,000 miles.
Individual Ruby Black, Individual extended champagne leather, plus many options

jamiez

Post by jamiez » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:33 pm

Monkeydonkeyratmagic wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:33 am Is that for the long stay? Try booking a hotel with parking and see what comes up. There are no other car parks on site that allow you to keep your keys.

That does seem steep though. It's £20 a day if you just turn up. Try booking it on holiday extras rather than going direct. It's never cheaper going direct.
The 110 self park / 2 min walk option is now 114!! Couldnt see it for 20 a day.
I think we are just going to do Long Stay north as its quoting at £50 and the bus is 7-12 mins transfer time

jamiez

Post by jamiez » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:34 pm

PerryGunn wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:15 pm I always use the Gatwick long stay car parks - the bus transfers are no problem even with cases/kids.

Even if you're travelling from North Terminal it's worth looking at the prices for the South Terminal long stay as they're often cheaper and the monorail makes moving between North/South terminals so quick and easy
Thanks - i think we are going to do the Long Stay option now for 50 quid!

jamiez

Post by jamiez » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:35 pm

mmm-five wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:29 pm
jamiez wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:22 pm Thanks for the share - have you ever left you ///M with them?
Have used the site, but never anything at Gatwick.

I also do not trust the meet & greet ones, so either use the site I posted, or (if it's on expenses) I'll park in the short/long stay parking at whatever airport I happen to be going from.
cheers!

jamiez

Post by jamiez » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:35 pm

oldgitdave wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:29 pm Have you thought about a one way hire car? Usually works out much cheaper than parking up. I used to do it from Derby to Stanstead for less than £25 + fuel when holidaying in North Cyprus. That was a few years ago though. Also found that I'd be on the motorway on the way home within half an hour of leaving the terminal. Much sooner than having to wait for the car park bus & then do a tour of the car park before eventually getting to my car!
Interesting option indeed - very out of the box! Not sure how practical it would be given where we live - but a great idea nevertheless!

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:36 pm

Many years ago I used one of those holiday parking sites - spent so long handing in the keys we nearly missed our flight!

And when I got back somehow my Seat Leon Cupra had used a quarter of a tank of fuel while I was away! :headbang: (Shame I didn't note the mileage when I left it).

Since then I've only used this firm - as they say you just park and take your keys with you. Much better, and it doesn't matter too much which car park you use because there is always the Shuttle to get you between terminals! Their North terminal car park is next to the Schlumberger building as you head towards the airport, so as near as you can get! https://www.gatwickairport.com/parking/ ... l-parking/

Have a good trip anyway. :thumbsup:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Monkeydonkeyratmagic

Post by Monkeydonkeyratmagic » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:09 am

jamiez wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:33 pm
Monkeydonkeyratmagic wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:33 am Is that for the long stay? Try booking a hotel with parking and see what comes up. There are no other car parks on site that allow you to keep your keys.

The 110 self park / 2 min walk option is now 114!! Couldnt see it for 20 a day.
I think we are just going to do Long Stay north as its quoting at £50 and the bus is 7-12 mins transfer time
Ah that's the short stay. That's nuts money. Like 40 for 24hr. Still better than London City at £53 day as I recently found out.
Long stay is fine. Use it a few times a year. Bus is no more than 10 mins.
MR-2 Turbo Rev2

Yep no Z yet. On the hunt.