Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Proper brown trouser moment at the Nurburgring 24h

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
MrPT
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MrPT » Sun May 13, 2018 9:58 am

Onboard: https://streamable.com/j1pdj

Overhead: https://streamable.com/7ot4t

Fuuuuuu... :o :w00t: :heat:

Anybody else been watching? It’s rained... ALOT.

2008 Z4MC: heavy wheels | crap suspension | skittish rear end | wobbly engine | not enough induction noise | underwhelming turn in | inconsistent braking | lardy battery | chubby steering wheel
2006 Z4 2.5si: gone

james28

Post by james28 » Sun May 13, 2018 4:06 pm

:o :o wow that was a scary moment
Terrible driving conditions.

Paulwirral

Post by Paulwirral » Sun May 13, 2018 9:30 pm

james28 wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 4:06 pm :o :o wow that was a scary moment
Terrible driving conditions.
Google last years race , the hail was so bad it laid on the track like snow and the cars on slick tyres couldn't make it up the inclines :o

mmm-five
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mmm-five » Mon May 14, 2018 11:25 am

I prefer this, the Oldtimer GP and the Spa 24hr any day over Le Mans.

The ‘changeable’ conditions is one of the big draw for me...not the crashes per se...just the skill to drive that quickly in those conditions and come away unscathed.

Keep promising myself that someday I’ll combine this (spectating or marshalling) with a before/after track day.

I’ve driven the Ring in similar/worse conditions and even with the wipers on full, I didn’t dare go more than 30mph, and I was still aquaplaning in some places...on road tyres :o
Trigger’s Z4MC
Some bits now over 163,000 miles, some less than 1,000 miles.
Individual Ruby Black, Individual extended champagne leather, plus many options

Paulwirral

Post by Paulwirral » Mon May 14, 2018 12:43 pm

mmm-five wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 11:25 am I prefer this, the Oldtimer GP and the Spa 24hr any day over Le Mans.

The ‘changeable’ conditions is one of the big draw for me...not the crashes per se...just the skill to drive that quickly in those conditions and come away unscathed.

Keep promising myself that someday I’ll combine this (spectating or marshalling) with a before/after track day.

I’ve driven the Ring in similar/worse conditions and even with the wipers on full, I didn’t dare go more than 30mph, and I was still aquaplaning in some places...on road tyres :o
I must agree , the old timer weekend is great , people drifting milllion quid mercs around the ring :thumbsup: I've driven it a couple of times in the rain when I first started going but I wouldn't these days , I'm far to old and sensible

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Tue May 15, 2018 12:36 am

Great place for watching. :thumbsup: Another who has no plans to ever drive it again though. :o :cry:

james28

Post by james28 » Tue May 15, 2018 5:00 pm

Was there 3 weeks ago watching the vln 4 hour racing the weather was fantastic and the atmosphere amazing.Again after seeing many wrecked cars a ring taxi ride was more appropriate.Would love to go for the 24hr event though would be amazing.