Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Flowers

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Flowers

Post by ronk » Sat May 05, 2018 11:48 pm

We stayed with friends in France recently so when we got back to the UK we sent flowers. I will not use the internet florists again - they arrived two days late and i got a scripted reply excuse which more or less said - read the small print .
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

markalp

Flowers

Post by markalp » Sun May 06, 2018 12:03 am

ronk wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 11:48 pm We stayed with friends in France recently so when we got back to the UK we sent flowers. I will not use the internet florists again - they arrived two days late and i got a scripted reply excuse which more or less said - read the small print .
That lesson learned a long time ago, I now always look up a florist local to where I want to send them and do it that way.
Alpina Roadster S LUX #030

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Flowers

Post by buzyg » Sun May 06, 2018 12:21 am

markalp wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 12:03 am
ronk wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 11:48 pm We stayed with friends in France recently so when we got back to the UK we sent flowers. I will not use the internet florists again - they arrived two days late and i got a scripted reply excuse which more or less said - read the small print .
That lesson learned a long time ago, I now always look up a florist local to where I want to send them and do it that way.
Same here :thumbsup:

GBZ4

Flowers

Post by GBZ4 » Sun May 06, 2018 7:29 am

I’m currently working in Asia and will be away for ‘her in doors’ Birthday, I ordered flowers for delivery on the day which is next Tuesday. She got the flowers last Tuesday. Something of a result really, she got the flowers and I got a complete refund :thumbsup:

The power of the internet :rofl:
2016 E89 18i Roadster - gone and forgotten

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Flowers

Post by ronk » Sun May 06, 2018 10:42 am

The “Bunch“ I used seem better with their excuse department - I wouldnt call it customer care. All ready scriptes - indeed on one page it boasted a contact the owner, I got an identical reply. Obviously not the owner.

As you say, use the internet but ensure it’s a local shop at the delivery end.

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Flowers

Post by TitanTim » Sun May 06, 2018 3:31 pm

I sent flowers to the USA quite often using Interflora International ordered online and they're always delivered on time on the day specified, they use local florests so the flowers are generally fresh. Its pricey though.

Tim.

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Flowers

Post by ronk » Sun May 06, 2018 3:55 pm

TitanTim wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 3:31 pm I sent flowers to the USA quite often using Interflora International ordered online and they're always delivered on time on the day specified, they use local florests so the flowers are generally fresh. Its pricey though.

Tim.

This “bunch” of clowns I used this time (first and last) were about £40
Last year I usd Interflora and it was just over £50 but they arrived from a local florist on Time and fresh!

I know who I’ll use next time!

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Flowers

Post by TitanTim » Sun May 06, 2018 4:12 pm

ronk wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 3:55 pm
TitanTim wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 3:31 pm I sent flowers to the USA quite often using Interflora International ordered online and they're always delivered on time on the day specified, they use local florests so the flowers are generally fresh. Its pricey though.

Tim.

This “bunch” of clowns I used this time (first and last) were about £40
Last year I usd Interflora and it was just over £50 but they arrived from a local florist on Time and fresh!

I know who I’ll use next time!
I've always found Interflora to be pretty ok Ron, the only time they let me down is when I wanted to send an Orchid plant and they didn't stock them but managed to order via an American company as I was sending to Florida and it worked out ok but it was something like 60 quid which was slightly eye watering.

Tim.

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Flowers

Post by ronk » Sun May 06, 2018 5:06 pm

A lesson learned by me - having to as “did the flowers arrive“ sort of spoiled any suprise.

Never mind - they’ve had their chance!