Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Got lost whilst on a diversion

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Vonlipvig

Post by Vonlipvig » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:08 am

Travelling back from Surrey this evening and the wonderful A303 was closed just after stonehenge. If you don't know the road, it's a right pig to get off it half way. Whilst following the diversion, got to a round about and due to my own fault not paying attention, the lorry i was following a few cars ahead obviously got lost so circled the round about. Myself, the car in front and the one behind were blatently all just following the lorry as we all circled as well :rofl: serves us right for not paying attention.

Anywho, I took the exit I thought it was and set off. I had absolutly no idea where I was apart from it was Dorset, which is a real git as the road was fantastic! Noone else on it, roof down, sun setting, wonderful. However, this meant I ended up lost as I missed another diversion sign :oops:

Finally found somewhere to pull over and pop the satnav up to get me back on track.

And the best bit? Work are picking up the fuel bill :thumbsup:
2009 Sapphire Black 23i

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:19 am

Way to go. :driving: Or is that way not to go. :lol:

Vonlipvig

Post by Vonlipvig » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:13 am

buzyg wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:19 am Way to go. :driving: Or is that way not to go. :lol:
I think I found where I went and it actually was the right way! Just a 40 mile diversion. At least i know where those roads are now :thumbsup:
2009 Sapphire Black 23i