Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Another one bites the dust. Thieving scum.

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
ben g
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ben g » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:59 pm

Got home from work, hoovered my Z4 out and decided to pop back indoors for something. My phone had loads of missed calls from my missus. I assumed she had called me to ask about the food shop we were meant to be doing this evening...

Nope... Some pikey thieving low lifes have stolen her Fiesta ST from right outside her workplace, in broad daylight, about 12ft away from her open office window.

Police and insurance have been informed. Neither seem too interested. The probably hear it everyday as we all know how easy keyless entry/start fords are to steal.

Absolutely gutted. Loved that car. Bought it new and it was a powerful little go kart. Highly doubt it'll be seen again. We've driven the streets around her workplace to see if it's been left parked up, but no luck.

:headbang:
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP.

Buckz

Post by Buckz » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:01 pm

Yup,fiesta STS are hot hot hot these days.. police can't do much and don't have the resources to do much.. basically they might find it but you'll still get done by insurance.

Marlon
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Marlon » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:03 pm

Gutted for you :( :thumbsdown:
Gone: 3.0si 2008 E85
911 997 Carrera S

ben g
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ben g » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:07 pm

Buckz wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:01 pm Yup,fiesta STS are hot hot hot these days.. police can't do much and don't have the resources to do much.. basically they might find it but you'll still get done by insurance.
Her excess for theft is £250, so not huge... But it's the ncb loss of 4 years per claim which is the real kick in the nuts! :cry:

This is our 3rd Fiesta st and we've never had a problem. Unfortunately, she works in a right pile of rubbish area, so I guess it was a matter of time before one went missing :headbang:

Hopefully it gets sorted soon.
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP.

paddy wright
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paddy wright » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:25 pm

Gutted for you! It’s so wrong that the police can’t do anything now!
Z4 2.2 sterling grey,Msport seats,retrofit cupholders,cruise,footwell lights,sound gen and mfsw,18"ellipsoids,xenons+light washers,ZHPknob,folding mirrors,3"stubby,update wheel caps,gateway300 ipod, wind deflector to keep the wife happy!

JamieZ4C

Post by JamieZ4C » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:26 pm

4 years per claim? That seems harsh. Just checked mine and it says 2. Which insurer? So we know who to avoid in future. Hope it's recovered and in good nick so you don't have to claim.

ben g
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ben g » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:38 pm

JamieZ4C wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:26 pm 4 years per claim? That seems harsh. Just checked mine and it says 2. Which insurer? So we know who to avoid in future. Hope it's recovered and in good nick so you don't have to claim.
Esure. Basically they only recognise 5 years ncb as their full discount allowance. Above that they keep on their file but don't recognise, so she gets knocked down from the 7 years ncb which she had, to 3 years ncb after the theft claim.

Disgusting really. Nothing like beating someone when they're down.

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Smartbear » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:41 pm

That’s rubbish news Ben, how about one of those steering wheel lock things when she gets her replacement car? It might put the scumbags off :?
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

JamieZ4C

Post by JamieZ4C » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:16 pm

ben g wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:38 pm
JamieZ4C wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:26 pm Esure. Basically they only recognise 5 years ncb as their full discount allowance. Above that they keep on their file but don't recognise, so she gets knocked down from the 7 years ncb which she had, to 3 years ncb after the theft claim.

Disgusting really. Nothing like beating someone when they're down.
Oh gutted. That's ridiculous. Hope you get it back even more now.

ben g
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ben g » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:31 pm

Smartbear wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:41 pm That’s rubbish news Ben, how about one of those steering wheel lock things when she gets her replacement car? It might put the scumbags off :?
Rob
They'd just end up going in an forcing her to hand over the keys, at a guess. probably not worth the hassle.

The police still haven't called her back :headbang: absolutely shocking. Unsure what happens right now, we're in limbo until her insurance companies' theft claim department phone her on Monday.

so yeah, no car, no contact and no way of knowing what is happening.

Havard

Post by Havard » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:57 pm

paddy wright wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:25 pm Gutted for you! It’s so wrong that the police can’t do anything now!
Yep. I left the force in 2001 after 7 years. I could see the way it was going..!!

Even when the cops spent serious hours catching someone and getting them banged to rights they got a lenient sentence and were back out doing it again a week later. Thing is detection rates are tiny so if someone does get caught, it is probably the 20th or 30th time they have done it.... :x

Now they are just collecting statistics and letting the insurer, (if you have one), take up the slack. Thing is, criminals know this and can now run riot, relatively un-challenged. They also know that most people will roll over at the first sign of aggro and hand over the keys.

It's a criminal's world unfortunately. Although good luck getting my keys off me without a fight. I couldn't live with myself if I just handed over the keys to my P&J. Where does that end when they come again for your next one after the insurance have paid out??

H.
ImageImage

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:44 pm

This is a message from the police in the Durham Area:-

To make everyone aware that sometime overnight on Friday 30th March 2018 to 09:00 hours the following morning a vehicle, namely a Vauxhall Corsa has had its bonnet and full front bumper removed, this happened in the Chester Moor area of Chester-le-Street, County Durham.
Please be vigilant if you own such a vehicle or if you know someone who does as this is not an isolated case in the county. To prevent or to make it more difficult for thieves to attempt to do such a thing to another vehicle it has been suggested to park the vehicle, nose in or as close to another vehicle or wall for example as possible.

Should anybody have any information regarding this please get in touch on 101 and quote the above incident number.

The days of having hub caps nicked are long gone!
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Angelus666

Post by Angelus666 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:46 pm

Sorry to hear that, to be honest, it's the reason why I decided not to get one...a mate who works at ford said it's become the most stolen car over the past 2 years. Apparently, very very easy to do with just a simple bit of kit. I'm amazed ford hasn't issued a recall on these to do a proper fix.

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:29 pm

Angelus666 wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:46 pm Sorry to hear that, to be honest, it's the reason why I decided not to get one...a mate who works at ford said it's become the most stolen car over the past 2 years. Apparently, very very easy to do with just a simple bit of kit. I'm amazed ford hasn't issued a recall on these to do a proper fix.
Bmw did a fix - does anyone know if it has worked ?
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

R60BBA

Post by R60BBA » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:34 am

This unfortunate OP, but why I suggest you invest in a tracker for your/your wife’s next car.
Current: 2002 E46 M3
Current: 2004 R53 Cooper S
Current: 2005 997 Carrera S
Gone: 1998 E31 840Ci Sport
Gone: 2007 Z4 E86 3.0Si Sport
Gone: 2001 Z3 E36/7 2.2i San Remo Individual
Gone: 2015 F21 116d M Sport
Gone: 2012 A3 Sportback 1.2TFSI