Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Looking for a commuter car advice on BMW options

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:05 pm

buzyg wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:49 pm I took a 120I out the other day, I was quite impressed with it nice 170 bhp motor. Recon it could have made a fine daily and I was close to buying it. But in the end I bought yet another Mazda.
My first daily after I got a Z4 was a Mazda - albeit a 1996 323f 1.5i! Mainly for the cheap road tax and a non-interference engine so no need to change the cam-belt unless it broke! But after 6 months it had to go as it was so boring, slow and wallowy.

Along came an E46 325ti Sport - much better. But I've just replaced it with an E91 325i - better still! :worshipbmw:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

JimsZ

Post by JimsZ » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:55 am

Wow, I go out for the day and a good few replies, thanks. :D

Lots of food for thought.

2nd car for commuting is my preferred option and keep the Z. Staying away from 4 pot deisels seems to be the feedback and going for a petrol or 3.0l deisel sounds the way t go. Want to go for a saloon or touring, coupe looks better but not as practical. 1 series is just a no for me, nothing wrong with it, just doesn't float my boat.

In no rush which is a good thing so going to keep my eyes peeled on a decent (ideally) sub 10k car. Might even look at a focus as had one as a company car and it just did everything well including 60plus to the gallon :cry:

If any one spots anything decent point it my way for consideration :thumbsup:
E89/28i Msport gone :( .. Zx10r track bike gone… time for a KTM 350 exc-f and some green laning and dirt bike excursions…. Let’s see how this goes… : :evil: