Selling up

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
User avatar
Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 6492
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:54 pm
Location: Chelmsford

Selling up

Post by Smartbear » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:24 pm

No, not my zed! I’ve just put smartbear towers on the market & wondered if anyone’s looking for a bungalow?
Looking to move to the West Country as I won’t be having to commute into London after April 6th :)
Rob

https://www.purplebricks.co.uk/brochure/301250
Image

e89 Sdrive2.0 18i which has apparently turned into a 20i :D
e89 Sdrive3.0i this ones busted, pass me another
e85 3.0si-sold my trouble free car...

User avatar
Grumpyowl
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 3256
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:00 pm
Location: North Derbyshire

Selling up

Post by Grumpyowl » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:35 pm

Good luck we downsized 2 years last December and have only just finished our project.
Been there got the T shirt thankfully never again :cry: :rofl:
(That's why the last 2 years my Z has only 400 miles between MOT's :oops: )

User avatar
Stuartt
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1337
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:21 pm
Location: Southend Essex

Selling up

Post by Stuartt » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:32 pm

Good luck with the sale Rob hope it all goes smoothly, going to miss you when your gone :tumbleweed:

Stuart
04 3.0i SE Roadster , GONE to a good home :thumbsup:

e89 35i Sdrive M sport :wub:

User avatar
ronk
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 8279
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:50 am
Location: Durham

Selling up

Post by ronk » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:38 pm

I moved house in 2002 - never again!
I was 16yrs younger, much fitter and much more mobile in those days and I’m sure I couldn’t cope with all the “stuff” collected over those year. Make sure the house you move to is suitable for the long haul.
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

User avatar
buzyg
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 11209
Joined: Fri May 20, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: Cornwall

Selling up

Post by buzyg » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:51 pm

Smartbear wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:24 pm
No, not my zed! I’ve just put smartbear towers on the market & wondered if anyone’s looking for a bungalow?
Looking to move to the West Country as I won’t be having to commute into London after April 6th :)
Rob

https://www.purplebricks.co.uk/brochure/301250
Nicely presented. :thumbsup:

Smart move Mr Bear. You'll find more for your pennies in the west country. :wink:
Image

User avatar
Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 6492
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:54 pm
Location: Chelmsford

Selling up

Post by Smartbear » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:02 pm

Stuartt wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:32 pm
Good luck with the sale Rob hope it all goes smoothly, going to miss you when your gone :tumbleweed:

Stuart
Always got time for a cheeky hoon on one of your days off mate :driving:
Rob
Image

e89 Sdrive2.0 18i which has apparently turned into a 20i :D
e89 Sdrive3.0i this ones busted, pass me another
e85 3.0si-sold my trouble free car...

User avatar
Stuartt
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1337
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:21 pm
Location: Southend Essex

Selling up

Post by Stuartt » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:12 pm

Smartbear wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:02 pm
Stuartt wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:32 pm
Good luck with the sale Rob hope it all goes smoothly, going to miss you when your gone :tumbleweed:

Stuart
Always got time for a cheeky hoon on one of your days off mate :driving:
Rob
Once your a man of leisure we’ll set a few dates up before you disappear :thumbsup:

Stuart
04 3.0i SE Roadster , GONE to a good home :thumbsup:

e89 35i Sdrive M sport :wub:

User avatar
Ewazix
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 3615
Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 5:30 pm
Location: Somerset

Selling up

Post by Ewazix » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:13 pm

I'm not sure where you are looking to move to here in the West, but you can easily double the size of Smartbear Towers with a workshop for the same money ... Smartbear, smart-move, GLWTS :thumbsup:
2003 2.5SE, low miles, Sterling Grey, black leather, Colour coded 108's & Eagles, no stubby here! unmolested.
2018 Cooper S Countryman
Old Scooby Forester XT 'Q' car still going strong

User avatar
Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 6492
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:54 pm
Location: Chelmsford

Selling up

Post by Smartbear » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:18 pm

Ewazix wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:13 pm
I'm not sure where you are looking to move to here in the West, but you can easily double the size of Smartbear Towers with a workshop for the same money ... Smartbear, smart-move, GLWTS :thumbsup:
Not to sure at the mo, we like Somerset & the exmoor/Wells/somerton areas but are pretty flexible, Ann has some relatives near crewkerne as well
Upgrading my garage sounds quite appealing, Ann can worry about the house details :lol:
Rob
Last edited by Smartbear on Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

e89 Sdrive2.0 18i which has apparently turned into a 20i :D
e89 Sdrive3.0i this ones busted, pass me another
e85 3.0si-sold my trouble free car...

User avatar
Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 6492
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:54 pm
Location: Chelmsford

Selling up

Post by Smartbear » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:20 pm

Stuartt wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:12 pm
Smartbear wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:02 pm
Stuartt wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:32 pm
Good luck with the sale Rob hope it all goes smoothly, going to miss you when your gone :tumbleweed:

Stuart
Always got time for a cheeky hoon on one of your days off mate :driving:
Rob
Once your a man of leisure we’ll set a few dates up before you disappear :thumbsup:

Stuart
For sure, there’s a few at London Underground that would say I’ve always been a man of leisure :P
Rob
Image

e89 Sdrive2.0 18i which has apparently turned into a 20i :D
e89 Sdrive3.0i this ones busted, pass me another
e85 3.0si-sold my trouble free car...

gov
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1766
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:15 pm

Selling up

Post by gov » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:30 pm

Hi Rob

Wish you well in your move mate - shouldn't take long to sell Smartbear Towers - lovely bungalow :D We've been at Oakidoki ( name of our house ) for 31 years - just the thought of moving tires me out !! My wife and I were born down here on the IOW but my job meant we had to move a few times before we got back to the Island in 1986 - good choice the West Country - in 1978 we lived in a village 4 miles from Glastonbury - really lovely part of the country :D

Tony

salb
Member
Member
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:14 pm
Location: Blackburn..Lancs

Selling up

Post by salb » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:44 pm

Although i would love a garage, the thought of moving :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: .....

i have lots of land front and back but no garage as can't get round the back, but the west country i do love it as have friends down
towards Bristol.

sal
PROUD OWNER OF .......

BMW Z4 MSPORT:
LANDROVER DISCOVERY OVERFINCH:

User avatar
Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 6492
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:54 pm
Location: Chelmsford

Selling up

Post by Smartbear » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:48 pm

gov wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:30 pm
Hi Rob

Wish you well in your move mate - shouldn't take long to sell Smartbear Towers - lovely bungalow :D We've been at Oakidoki ( name of our house ) for 31 years - just the thought of moving tires me out !! My wife and I were born down here on the IOW but my job meant we had to move a few times before we got back to the Island in 1986 - good choice the West Country - in 1978 we lived in a village 4 miles from Glastonbury - really lovely part of the country :D

Tony
Cheers Tony, we’ve stayed around that way in a small village called Pilton :thumbsup:
Been in our bungalow for 12 years now & have no idea how I’ve collected so much clutter :o
Rob
Image

e89 Sdrive2.0 18i which has apparently turned into a 20i :D
e89 Sdrive3.0i this ones busted, pass me another
e85 3.0si-sold my trouble free car...

User avatar
ronk
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 8279
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:50 am
Location: Durham

Selling up

Post by ronk » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:23 pm

Smartbear wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:48 pm
Been in our bungalow for 12 years now& have no idea how I’ve collected so much clutter :o
Rob
Trust me - that’s not clutter in comparison with mine!
If you can still see the floor it’s not cluttered. :rofl:
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

User avatar
Number5
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 4371
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:34 pm
Location: Bristol M4/M5

Selling up

Post by Number5 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:48 pm

Smartbear wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:24 pm
Looking to move to the West Country as I won’t be having to commute into London after April 6th :)
Rob
I'm not sure that we'll let you in. There is a standard you'll have to meet... :roll:
We'll take a vote and get back to you Rob. :wink:
Silver Alpina Roadster S Lux (#019)
2007 Sapphire Black 3.0si
Daily: F11 520d M Sport Auto
Previous
Z4 Roadsters:- i) 2004, 2.5SE, ii) 2003, 3.0SE, iii) 2006, 2.5SE
iv) 2004 3.0SE. v) 2005 2.5SE, vi) 2007 3.0si

Post Reply