Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Finally got a result !

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
gov

Finally got a result !

Post by gov » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:29 pm

My wife went in to Carphone Warehouse to get a PAYG mobile for her 91 year old mum - so she could ring us in an emergency if she couldn't get to her landline for any reason - was persuaded by the manager that a contract would be a better option - and yes shouldn't be a problem with getting a signal where she lived - my wife signed up for an 18 month contract to make it easier for my mum in law . You can guess when we got back to our house put the phone together - couldn't get a signal :( took it round to mum in law's house - again no signal ! she kept it for a day or two but still no signal - we were away for a week and when we came back took it back to Carphone Warehouse to seek advice - they said as the 14 day period had expired ( by 3 days ) - we pointed out my wife was never told about this 14 day period we would have to contact iD Mobile who the contract was with - tried this and after 40 min wait trying to get through unsuccessfully - then emailing them they finally responded saying we should take it up with Carphone Warehouse - after numerous emails and visits to the shop with each referring to the other culminating in a condescending nobhead saying " well sir your wife did sign the contract with the terms and conditions and ignorance is not an excuse " :x :x As the phone was useless we cancelled the contract and my wife was charged the remainder of the 18 month contract as an early cancellation penalty fee :(

so went down the formal complaint procedure and finally Ombudsman's Office - who were brilliant - took the case on and appointed an investigator - found in our favour and ordered iD mobile to refund all monies paid as invalid charges plus £50 goodwill payment for the inconvenience and a letter of apology - a total of nearly £200 - still took a while to get the cheque but finally got it after nearly 7 months - the Ombudsman also pointed out Carphone Warehouse own iD mobile - well that's a surprise ( not ).

Moral of this long winded story - never give up :D :D

paulgjohnston

Finally got a result !

Post by paulgjohnston » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:33 pm

Well done. Big companies treat people with contempt. More of us should take things all the way like you did. :thumbsup:

Scooba_Steve
Lifer
Lifer

Finally got a result !

Post by Scooba_Steve » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:39 pm

Good result, though I can't help thinking small claims would have been quicker, but unlikely you'd get the additional compensation.
3.0si Sport: F10 Illuminated ZHP, Retrofit Cruise, OE Stubby, Gaptech RCH+, Kenwood BT73DAB + Handsfree, HIDs, LED Sidelights, OE LED Number Plate Lights, Custom LED strip bootlight.

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Finally got a result !

Post by Mr Tidy » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:57 pm

What a pain in the proverbial. :headbang:

Glad you got there in the end OP! :thumbsup:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

GAZA62
Lifer
Lifer

Finally got a result !

Post by GAZA62 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:44 pm

Good on you :thumbsup:
T.SILVER 2004 3.0SE AUTO

IF IT WAS NOT FOR BAD LUCK I'D HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL

Lynchy
Lifer
Lifer

Finally got a result !

Post by Lynchy » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:10 pm

Thieving Bastards. Glad it worked out in the end even though they dragged their feet for many months