Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

LOCAL BINMEN

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
GAZA62
Lifer
Lifer

LOCAL BINMEN

Post by GAZA62 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:22 am

Sitting here on my PC have watched the dustmen pull up outside my house while it was snowing lots in the air but not that much on the ground and the road completely clear they stood around for 5 mins chatting then the driver started taking photos on his tablet (I could see what was going to happen ) he then makes a phone call and heh presto they all jump back in the wagon laughing and joking a bugger off what a joke and its now blue sky and sunny no snow on the pavement what so ever. :thumbsdown:
T.SILVER 2004 3.0SE AUTO

IF IT WAS NOT FOR BAD LUCK I'D HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL

ben g
Lifer
Lifer

LOCAL BINMEN

Post by ben g » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:36 am

Phone your local council then. No use complaining about it on here. We all know they're lazy sods :lol:
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP.

GAZA62
Lifer
Lifer

LOCAL BINMEN

Post by GAZA62 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:50 am

ben g wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:36 amPhone your local council then. No use complaining about it on here. We all know they're lazy sods :lol:
No thanks Ben will just get passed from person to person or put on hold gonna go do my physio instead followed by a nice bacon butty :D It just goes to show what a little bit of snow can do in this country
T.SILVER 2004 3.0SE AUTO

metal licker
Lifer
Lifer

LOCAL BINMEN

Post by metal licker » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:53 am

Never known the binmen to miss a shift up here in Cumbria,must be just you soft southern buggers :lol:
718 4.0 GTS Boxster in YELLOW :driving:
718 Guards Red Boxster .........Gone!
A35 AMG saloon .........Gone!
JCW ...........Gone !
E89 35i Msport VO ................Gone !
E89 23i SE DSB ................Gone !

Hello to Jason Isaacs

dans6490

LOCAL BINMEN

Post by dans6490 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:00 am

I feel your frustration. I regularly go to our local council tip. One recent visit at 9am was greated by one elderly guy, really struggling to get garden waste from his car. The three “attendants” were stood smoking and drinking hot drinks. I shouted over to them, to ask if they could help the poor guy. One of them mumbled something and they proceeded to carry on with their cancer sticks. So I helped this man unload his car and then mine.

After emailing back and forth, I finally got in touch with the person responsible for the site, who was horrified also and advised that they would take necessary action etc.

Next visit to the tip and it’s packed with people and guess what, they’re all stood around doing sweet FA! How many nurses could be paid for by these useless twats?

maxman

LOCAL BINMEN

Post by maxman » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:03 am

You need to get in Victor Meldrew mode with the relevant council dept.Take a few photos and email them to the council,you know this will make you feel better :D .

Mighty1

LOCAL BINMEN

Post by Mighty1 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:42 am

Rang my local council last week asking if they could pick up old three piece suite from back garden explaining that my wife was off work with suspected heart attack and I couldn’t lift them myself I have dicky shoulders
Answer was no put them where you leave your bin to be emptied on front of house lazy t.ats don’t do owt but pull bins off drive onto side where lorry picks them up
Don’t know how elderly manage as we were told get your neighbor or a relative to carry couch round for you we’re not doing it
:thumbsdown: Geoff
Previous
Z4 2.0 M sport
Porsche Boxster
SLk 3.5
MK1 Mx5
Currently z2.5 Auto exclusive Maldives blue

GAZA62
Lifer
Lifer

LOCAL BINMEN

Post by GAZA62 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:25 pm

metal licker wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:53 amNever known the binmen to miss a shift up here in Cumbria,must be just you soft southern buggers :lol:

True not use to the cold like you northern lads :D

dans6490 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:00 amI feel your frustration. I regularly go to our local council tip. One recent visit at 9am was greated by one elderly guy, really struggling to get garden waste from his car. The three “attendants” were stood smoking and drinking hot drinks. I shouted over to them, to ask if they could help the poor guy. One of them mumbled something and they proceeded to carry on with their cancer sticks. So I helped this man unload his car and then mine.

After emailing back and forth, I finally got in touch with the person responsible for the site, who was horrified also and advised that they would take necessary action etc.

Next visit to the tip and it’s packed with people and guess what, they’re all stood around doing sweet FA! How many nurses could be paid for by these useless twats?
Sounds about right seen the same at one tip I visited but have to say my local seem pretty good they do help my old mum when she visits.
maxman wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:03 amYou need to get in Victor Meldrew mode with the relevant council dept.Take a few photos and email them to the council,you know this will make you feel better :D .

I don't believe it :x was more of an observation of what a little snow can cause in London chaos :D

Mighty1 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:42 am
Rang my local council last week asking if they could pick up old three piece suite from back garden explaining that my wife was off work with suspected heart attack and I couldn’t lift them myself I have dicky shoulders
Answer was no put them where you leave your bin to be emptied on front of house lazy t.ats don’t do owt but pull bins off drive onto side where lorry picks them up
Don’t know how elderly manage as we were told get your neighbor or a relative to carry couch round for you we’re not doing it
Geoff
Never had the issue of a sofa but leave anything made of metal at the end of drive and its gone pretty quick.

Well off to do more physio with a walk to the local shops get a 6 pack for this evening that's if I can get pass the hoards of people stocking up on tinned food as advised by the press :lol:
Last edited by GAZA62 on Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
T.SILVER 2004 3.0SE AUTO

mcbeee
Lifer
Lifer

LOCAL BINMEN

Post by mcbeee » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:43 pm

We'll send you some Canadian bin men, when it's really snowing hard they just put on long pants. :D
Sold the Z4 M Roadster and a 911 Carrera S now I have a 2021 Z4 3.0i
8) 8) 8)

RustyZ4
Lifer
Lifer

LOCAL BINMEN

Post by RustyZ4 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:53 pm

Got to be Honest, here in Maidstone (not sure where you are in Kent) I have never know them not collect,, even a few years back when we had quite a bit, they managed to turn up next day
Z4 Mineral Grey, 28i MSport Auto, lots of goodies
Z4 E85 3.0, gone but now with son :D
Growing Old is Mandatory But Growing Up is Optional

gov

LOCAL BINMEN

Post by gov » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:19 pm

They missed us once down here on the IOW - a bit annoying as they emptied the the other 3 bins next to ours - I got the hump and emailed the Council - that night I had a phone call from the Contractors who sent a bloke out the next day to empty our one bin :o

At least my £2k+ in council tax is paying for something - our village has no pavements , no street lights , no bus service and CT is to be increased buy 6% this year ! .................. wouldn't live anywhere else though :D

maxman

LOCAL BINMEN

Post by maxman » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:43 pm

gov wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:19 pmThey missed us once down here on the IOW - a bit annoying as they emptied the the other 3 bins next to ours - I got the hump and emailed the Council - that night I had a phone call from the Contractors who sent a bloke out the next day to empty our one bin :o

At least my £2k+ in council tax is paying for something - our village has no pavements , no street lights , no bus service and CT is to be increased buy 6% this year ! .................. wouldn't live anywhere else though :D
That's a lot of money for living in a penal colony. :rofl:

bluespit

LOCAL BINMEN

Post by bluespit » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:54 pm

Our lot never collect all the rubbish - they spread most of it over the roads and I get to pay £2.5k for the privilege. Oh I do get a very nice street light that beams brilliant white light in a puddle direct beneath it and then plunges you in to total black out until you reach the next one 100m away. I've only ever seen plod here once in 22 years and that was after a break in next door by one of the kids school friends.

The local high school is very good. Great a blocking all the roads close by twice a day, fantastic at leaving the school bell on during the Christmas holidays and outstanding at getting nothing better to do mums to park in every street within 400m at 3.00pm every after noon so that their obese offspring don't have to walk home.

the council used to be OK at recycling but now they have such complicated rules and want to charge us £60 per year for the necessary bins most of us are just intending to dump our waste over the fence into the estate that they allowed to be built on the farmland adjacent.

mini-rant, sorry
now I'm about to have more time I've suddenly got less toys to play with!

mcbeee
Lifer
Lifer

LOCAL BINMEN

Post by mcbeee » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:16 pm

bluespit wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:54 pmThe local high school is very good. Great a blocking all the roads close by twice a day, fantastic at leaving the school bell on during the Christmas holidays and outstanding at getting nothing better to do mums to park in every street within 400m at 3.00pm every after noon so that their obese offspring don't have to walk home.
I thought it was just over here that this happens, seems it's worldwide. :x :x
Sold the Z4 M Roadster and a 911 Carrera S now I have a 2021 Z4 3.0i
8) 8) 8)

buzyg
Legend
Legend

LOCAL BINMEN

Post by buzyg » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:24 pm

Bin are great around here :thumbsup: . But then it doesn't show either. :(