Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Motion sensing cameras

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
slick

Motion sensing cameras

Post by slick » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:36 pm

I know theres some tech savvy people on this forum that might be able to advise............... my car is parked in the road and has been hit 3 times in the few months I've owned it.......I would like to fit two motion sensing cameras.......one to the front and one to the rear wired to a common removable hard drive 12v obviously, the cameras would need to e fitted permenently so need to be discreet.

Any ideas regarding suitable equipment?
E85 2.5 sterling grey
E89 3.0 se
Porsche 987 Boxster 3.4S
E89 3.5i
TVR Chimerea 4 litres of rolling thunder
Corvette C6 a moment of insanity
E89 3.0i

1000rr

Motion sensing cameras

Post by 1000rr » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:48 pm

A lot of cams have parking mode, work great but won’t record EXACT time of impact, it’s seconds later.
Sterling 3.0, Bentley burgundy leather, Aeros..
Ducati Supersport S

slick

Motion sensing cameras

Post by slick » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:55 pm

1000rr wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:48 pmA lot of cams have parking mode, work great but won’t record EXACT time of impact, it’s seconds later.
What I'm after are cameras that start recording as soon as they sense motion .....ie approaching cars , if they exist
E85 2.5 sterling grey
E89 3.0 se
Porsche 987 Boxster 3.4S
E89 3.5i
TVR Chimerea 4 litres of rolling thunder
Corvette C6 a moment of insanity
E89 3.0i

Davz

Motion sensing cameras

Post by Davz » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:02 am

Slick, if you haven't found a solution, take at look at http://www.car-dvr.co.uk/ They have a few makes of cams on offer.
I have 3 vicovation cams, a marcus 2 and 4 plus an opia 2. They all have smart parking mode when hard wired with a permanent feed.
The marcus 2 and 4 have motion sensors, they are always recording but only save to memory when the motion or shock sensors are activated. The Opia 2 does this but also records an image every second when in parking mode and creates a mov file or still image. There is no delay in recording with any of the vico cams. The vico mf3 has no smart parking so avoid that one.
The image quality is excellent from all the cams, the opia2 is recognised as the best on the market but they aint cheap + you will need a battery montior for a live feed, which is another £50 on top of the cam. None of them have gps unless you buy the vico dongle, I haven't bothered with gps.
I now wouldn't drive or park without the cams in my cars, there are so many idiots on the roads I just feel safer having the footage to prove my innocence in the event of some elses foolishness or have evidence to prosecute for damage when parked.
2006 2.5 Monaco blue, orange footwell lights, Blue boot lights, 20/15mm wheel spacers, Buckley06 gear knob, Aux, MV2's, M pedals, Eibachs, Bilstein B4's, Whiteline front ARB. H&R rear ARB. Roof motor relocated, Alpine speakers, Xenons.

pvr
Legend
Legend

Motion sensing cameras

Post by pvr » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:17 am

1000rr wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:48 pm A lot of cams have parking mode, work great but won’t record EXACT time of impact, it’s seconds later.
The one I fitted a few weeks back had the option to set the amount of time before motion / impact detection.

It is still a bit sensitive as every time a car parks near the car, it records that as well and as soon as you start the car it tells you how many events were recorded.
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

Buckz

Motion sensing cameras

Post by Buckz » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:33 am

Can you see your car from the house? Maybe worth getting a CCTV camera pointed at it..