Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Z4 3.0 sold.. Gone to the dark side

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Ethicsgradient

Post by Ethicsgradient » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:09 pm

I have enjoyed Z4 ownership and it may happen again. It was a pretty much fault free enjoyable experience. Today I went and collected my Audi 3.2 black edition... Black exterior, black interior, black grill, badges wheels only thing that's not black is the driver lol
Attachments
DSC_0055.JPG
DSC_0055.JPG (136.2 KiB) Viewed 613 times

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:39 pm

Shame you've defected, but I hope you enjoy the Audi!
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:55 pm

Ive had 2 V6 TTs , such a a great engine for poke & tone :driving:
Compared with a straight 6 Bmw they feel so much more torquey from the off though that does fade higher up the revs where the Bmw comes to life .
Enjoy the change , i always returned to Bmw as the Audi's disappointed me with lack of feel & character :cry: keep us filled in with how it goes :thumbsup:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

Ethicsgradient

Post by Ethicsgradient » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:24 pm

PostPosted: 23 minutes ago
mr wilks wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:55 pmIve had 2 V6 TTs , such a a great engine for poke & tone :driving:
Compared with a straight 6 Bmw they feel so much more torquey from the off though that does fade higher up the revs where the Bmw comes to life .
Enjoy the change , i always returned to Bmw as the Audi's disappointed me with lack of feel & character :cry: keep us filled in with how it goes :thumbsup:

Initial impressions on the change are ..

1: TT very refined and smooth feeling ..In the Z4 , you gotta roll up your sleeves grip that wheel , narrow your eyes ,remember to eat your weetabix and make a much more precise judgement of corner speed and throttle position or the bitch will bite .

2 : Its much quieter in a TT , engine noise , road noise etc much reduced from a Z4 .

3: Many more buttons to press in a TT and it comes with cupholders ...you wont beleive how much I like having cupholders again , its like rediscovering socks .

4: steering in a TT feels kinda like there is some wool involved , it is not as sharp and precise as the Z but has a forgiving feel to it .

How did you find running a TT in comparison to the Z ? Anything you would recommend I keep an eye on ? I know to lube the active spoiler and be very careful with the bonnet release ...umm it is on its second one of those already , I broke the first one on the dealers forecourt before I had even test drove it :rofl: :rofl:

Toe-side

Post by Toe-side » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:25 pm

Enjoy Mr Wilks. you are moving in the right direction :wink:
Before: 2003 3.0 Roadster, Porsche Boxster 987S Now 981S
Success breeds complacency. Complacency breeds failure. Only the paranoid survive

Ethicsgradient

Post by Ethicsgradient » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:53 pm

mr wilks wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:55 pmIve had 2 V6 TTs , such a a great engine for poke & tone :driving:

Today I discovered it works waay waay better than a Z4 in the snow :D

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:01 am

Ethicsgradient wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:53 pmToday I discovered it works waay waay better than a Z4 in the snow
It should do - it's got all that "vorsprung durch technik" malarkey (aka 4WD). :lol:

But that's also why it isn't as much fun on a summer's day on a twisty backroad! :poke:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black