Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

2018 F1 motorvehicles

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

2018 F1 motorvehicles

Post by Mr Tidy » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:27 am

john-e89 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:49 pmCan’t agree more Zoomer. Brundle is the reason I pay to watch F1 daft as it sounds. Talks sense, knows his stuff like no other. I wouldn’t watch F1 if I had to watch that ‘look at me and how I’m a strutting geezer plus an over excited little boy’ Coulthard. He was two faced when he drove early in his F1 days too. Can’t believe Webber has been sucked into it, it’s like chavs r us in the pit lane!
Brundle was always good (although he never achieved much when he drove in F1), but not so good I'd pay what Sky want! :headbang:

But then I like DC, and it's always better when MW is there as well - could do with less SW, EJ and KC though. :)

And that inept Welsh presenter - Steve whatsisname. :wkr:
Last edited by Mr Tidy on Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

buzyg
Legend
Legend

2018 F1 motorvehicles

Post by buzyg » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:27 am

MrPT wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:05 amI’ll be watching. Don’t like the halo but the new cars look good and the laptimes will be insane. Hope to see McLaren occasionally back in the top 5 this year and Kubica put in a few eye-catching practice times. :thumbsup:
Got to love an optimist. It would be hilarious if Toro Roso beat them with the new Honda unit. :thumbsup:

MrPT
Lifer
Lifer

2018 F1 motorvehicles

Post by MrPT » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:38 am

buzyg wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:27 am
MrPT wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:05 amI’ll be watching. Don’t like the halo but the new cars look good and the laptimes will be insane. Hope to see McLaren occasionally back in the top 5 this year and Kubica put in a few eye-catching practice times. :thumbsup:
Got to love an optimist. It would be hilarious if Toro Roso beat them with the new Honda unit. :thumbsup:
I'd take that result, entertainment-wise. :rofl:
2008 Z4MC: heavy wheels | crap suspension | skittish rear end | wobbly engine | not enough induction noise | underwhelming turn in | inconsistent braking | lardy battery | chubby steering wheel
2006 Z4 2.5si: gone

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

2018 F1 motorvehicles

Post by john-e89 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:46 am

Hmmmmm......this could be very very interesting couldn’t it. How long will it be before Kubica’s blitzing Stroll’s times? Williams have nowhere to go on that one, they need the pennies.
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

2018 F1 motorvehicles

Post by john-e89 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:39 am

markalp wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:39 amF1, loosing interest over the past few seasons, to many rules, regulations, and zero danger. As for the drivers, lets face it, put any of the current crop of drivers into a certain team and regardless of ability they are going to be at the top of the leader board.
The sticky point is the potential freak accident though Markalp. I don’t like the health and safety nanny state but the fact is Jules Bianchi would be alive if he had the halo. Alonso has come very close twice in the last few seasons to being decapitated, he’s very lucky he hasn’t been. It may or may not have deflected the spring that hit Massa, but freak accidents happen, it looks crap on a sleek F1 car admittedly but if saves a head trauma then.......well....can we really ignore it?

I’d rather the cars lost some aero grip, relied more on mechanical grip, went faster and were much harder to drive but also keep the drivers safe. I don’t think it’s a safety issue that’s the problem I think they’re just way too easy to drive nowadays.
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

jimmybell

2018 F1 motorvehicles

Post by jimmybell » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:12 pm

warmasice wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:20 am The new Formula-E cars look great though. 👍
Yeh the Formula E stuff is pretty nail biting, i find myself waking up at night wondering if it could get any more exciting, and thoroughly glad so many manufacturers are getting involved in it.

:headbang: :fuelfire:
V12 Vantage S - Hammerhead Silver, Manual, Lightweight Wheels, Exterior Carbon++, Carbon Buckets, AMR Performance Pack.
M135i LCI - ZF8, White, HK Audio, Adaptive
--
GONE Z4 M Coupe, Imola, CSLs
GONE C63 AMG, Black, Performance Pack+, LSD, HK

slick

2018 F1 motorvehicles

Post by slick » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:56 pm

I cant wait ......as usual.I love F1 warts an all......shame Kubica hasn't got a proper seat this year but looking forward to it all the same :driving:
E85 2.5 sterling grey
E89 3.0 se
Porsche 987 Boxster 3.4S
E89 3.5i
TVR Chimerea 4 litres of rolling thunder
Corvette C6 a moment of insanity
E89 3.0i

markalp

2018 F1 motorvehicles

Post by markalp » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:57 pm

jimmybell wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:12 pm
warmasice wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:20 am The new Formula-E cars look great though. 👍
Yeh the Formula E stuff is pretty nail biting, i find myself waking up at night wondering if it could get any more exciting, and thoroughly glad so many manufacturers are getting involved in it.

I just can't get past that really annoying whine noise they make, totally ruins it for me.
Alpina Roadster S LUX #030

markalp

2018 F1 motorvehicles

Post by markalp » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:05 pm

john-e89 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:39 am
markalp wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:39 amF1, loosing interest over the past few seasons, to many rules, regulations, and zero danger. As for the drivers, lets face it, put any of the current crop of drivers into a certain team and regardless of ability they are going to be at the top of the leader board.
The sticky point is the potential freak accident though Markalp. I don’t like the health and safety nanny state but the fact is Jules Bianchi would be alive if he had the halo. Alonso has come very close twice in the last few seasons to being decapitated, he’s very lucky he hasn’t been. It may or may not have deflected the spring that hit Massa, but freak accidents happen, it looks crap on a sleek F1 car admittedly but if saves a head trauma then.......well....can we really ignore it?

I’d rather the cars lost some aero grip, relied more on mechanical grip, went faster and were much harder to drive but also keep the drivers safe. I don’t think it’s a safety issue that’s the problem I think they’re just way too easy to drive nowadays.
Any loss of life is awful, however when you regulate the danger out of F1 you kill the sport, infact after watching the winter olympics its clear who have the bigest balls in sport.
Alpina Roadster S LUX #030

buzyg
Legend
Legend

2018 F1 motorvehicles

Post by buzyg » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:23 pm

jimmybell wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:12 pm

:thumbsup: :lol: :lol: :lol: :evil:

Angelus666

2018 F1 motorvehicles

Post by Angelus666 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:12 pm

I've said it every year, so I'll say it again....until they get to a point where you have 20 races, 20 drivers and 20 cars with each driver rotating into a different car for each race. Now that is proper racing. At the moment we have absolutely zero idea on who is the best driver and who the best team is.

It feels more like a marketing exercise now than ever before...

Angelus666

2018 F1 motorvehicles

Post by Angelus666 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:14 pm

markalp wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:05 pm
john-e89 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:39 am

Any loss of life is awful, however when you regulate the danger out of F1 you kill the sport, infact after watching the winter olympics its clear who have the bigest balls in sport.
As much as it's not right to say it, the chance of fatal accidents does make the sport more exciting to watch.