Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

New York... what to do?

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Angelus666

New York... what to do?

Post by Angelus666 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:57 pm

Some wonderful pics there....really reflect the vibrancy of the city. I lived there for a year, so know it quite well. Some good ideas already, but as it's your first time then definitely do the touristy main sites, they're all mostly worth it. In addition, I'd suggest taking in a game at MSQ, the Knicks aren't the best but tickets are pretty cheap.

For a flavour of NYC restaurants, I'd recommend Sparks (where Paulie Castellano was shot outside) food is pretty good but the story feels so new york, your waiter will happily tell you of mob stories of old. Also, Peasant in SoHo for Italian is a lovely place and remains popular year on year...a tough feat in the NYC restaurant business!

If you're into discount shopping then a bus ride to Woodbury common is a nice day trip out of the city....good bargains and you'll get to see some nice countryside. Bus tickets are about $20.

If the weather is kind then spend a weekend day in the park, it comes alive on the weekends.

You'll probably see a celebrity or two....my local Starbucks was near Columbus Circle and Renee Zellweger used to frequent it when she was in town (her apartment was opposite)...I had a good 20 min chat with her one day about London, horses, life and what dress to wear on Letterman...I told her the red one, which she did wear, so I like to claim that one as my call :-)

If you have money to spend, NYC is my favourite city on the planet.

markalp

New York... what to do?

Post by markalp » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:39 pm

Maniac wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:50 pmSo paying my first visit to New York soon, staying a week, any suggestions on what to see, do and avoid?
Book a limo service for your airport transfers, luggage and public transport isn't a fun way to start/end your stay.

Probably already been said, but, chat to locals about where to go and eat, they love it, and if your lucky you will bump into the same guy (Irish mum, Itialian dad, Mexican grandparents ) we did, who not only directed us to the only deli that puts Irish white pudding into their salt beef sandwiches but also invited himself and gave us his life story. (Best $28 dollars we ever spent)

Not sure of your budget but try and fit a helicopter tour into it, can be had for $250 and up per person, but well worth it in my opinion.

Also remember to bring a set of over sized clothes for the flight back, you will put on at least a stone in weight, the portion sizes are HUGE :rofl:
Alpina Roadster S LUX #030

1000rr

New York... what to do?

Post by 1000rr » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:58 pm

Oh, I forgot. If your into cameras, headphones and anything electrical, visit B&H Photo. I saved a mint on a few L lenses over there and a Canon 5d3 and some Sennheiser and Klipsch Earphones for my son. Well worth a visit.
Sterling 3.0, Bentley burgundy leather, Aeros..
Ducati Supersport S