Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Bloody Ebay!!

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
thanatu55

Bloody Ebay!!

Post by thanatu55 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:38 pm

cj10jeeper wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:50 pmAgree re the ‘buy now’ option as a good way to go

Think of a price for something you’d be happy at, or above if you’re not fussed or rushed to sell
People who need something will buy and pay in hours and collect it have it mailed pronto. If higher they can make offers and negotiate.
I also like to buy with buy now prices as I don’t have to wait for days to see what something goes for. In fact I only esnipe these days so no need to wait and bid
I'm in complete agreement with this, I only ever 'Buy Now' or at the last second. I don't quite get the whole ebay concept, why bid a week before the item sells? Surely all you're doing is putting the price up a week too early? Seems like a fundamental flaw in the business model. Great for the seller, completely pointless for the buyer. If I bid 20 seconds before an item ends I'm pretty much guaranteed to get the item at the price I bid for it unless someone has put a buffer on their bid to go as high as a pre-determined figure.

Some might call it underhand, I just think it's logical. :|

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Bloody Ebay!!

Post by Ducklakeview » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:44 pm

Likewise, I always place my one and only (max) bid about 3 seconds before the end, usually does the trick. Regarding the bumper, was the 2nd highest bidder at a more "realistic" price? If so, as above, I'd send a second chance offer.

Mike

thanatu55

Bloody Ebay!!

Post by thanatu55 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:52 pm

Ducklakeview wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:44 pmLikewise, I always place my one and only (max) bid about 3 seconds before the end, usually does the trick. Regarding the bumper, was the 2nd highest bidder at a more "realistic" price? If so, as above, I'd send a second chance offer.

Mike
Second highest bidder was over the £500 mark. I sent a second chance offer but no reply there either, my guess is they were both in it together to get the price as high as possible. I wanted around £300 and had plenty of interest at that figure but these two have cost me a probable sale at a realistic figure. I think as suggested I'll just sell it as a Buy it Now at £300.