Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

DSLR Cameras + Drones

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
tomscott
Lifer
Lifer

DSLR Cameras + Drones

Post by tomscott » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:51 pm

Not really keen on Lanier but you can’t argue with that camera.

jimmybell

DSLR Cameras + Drones

Post by jimmybell » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:58 am

indeed Mr Lanier seems to be an arrogant f*** :D
But camera does look awesome. Trying to establish if there's an obvious lens setup to cover ~general purpose/everywhere carry and then a 70-200 competitor.
V12 Vantage S - Hammerhead Silver, Manual, Lightweight Wheels, Exterior Carbon++, Carbon Buckets, AMR Performance Pack.
M135i LCI - ZF8, White, HK Audio, Adaptive
--
GONE Z4 M Coupe, Imola, CSLs
GONE C63 AMG, Black, Performance Pack+, LSD, HK

garnierz4

DSLR Cameras + Drones

Post by garnierz4 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:05 pm

I had a Sony A7 and I loved it. Converted a load of old vintage full frame lenses on the cheap, Zeiss, Canon etc. Manual focus only though with those lenses. An excellent budget full frame setup for landscapes.

jimmybell

DSLR Cameras + Drones

Post by jimmybell » Thu May 16, 2019 9:18 am

Holy Thread Revival Batman!

Coming back to this. I decided to hold off as i kinda wanted to see if a 7dII replacement came. It seems to have never arrived, but there is now the Canon RP, which apparently sucks. I quite liked it to hold but the reviews seem universally bad.

One thing that seems to have come out of the shadows is the new Sony A7 III, and combined with their 24-105mm G lens it seems a great all-round package (probably adding a 50mm prime too, and later the 70-300), albeit very expensive.

Before i go all 'YOLO' and blow a small fortune, anything else i should consider that ideally isn't overdue to be replaced at ~1000-2000GBP that would make an obvious choice to avoid giving >£2500 to Sony.

It's that time of year again (holidays, weddings, my honeymoon(!), motorsport/meet/shows) and there's only so much i can do with an iPhone XS...

I should add via trade-in at jessops i can get ~£400 for my LX100 + Canon 18-200 IS. I'm sure i can get more via Ebay but i'm lazy and don't have time, so i'm treating that as a nice discount off anything from Jessops.
V12 Vantage S - Hammerhead Silver, Manual, Lightweight Wheels, Exterior Carbon++, Carbon Buckets, AMR Performance Pack.
M135i LCI - ZF8, White, HK Audio, Adaptive
--
GONE Z4 M Coupe, Imola, CSLs
GONE C63 AMG, Black, Performance Pack+, LSD, HK