Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

What happened to...d4dawg???

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
srhutch

Post by srhutch » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:50 pm

Sorry, but
mr wilks wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:48 pm
srhutch wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:45 pm
Havard wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:39 pmAre there really that many that have "flounced"..??

I don't get the whole "delete my account" mentality, just don't log on. I have been here a while, it's ok but nothing like other forums I have been on where it's kicking off every 5 minutes. There are some rude people on here but they really need to up their level if they are ever going to own a Supra or a Subaru. Not even a chance of standing out on a Ford or Vauxhall forum.... :D Levels of ignorance there are a different league...!!

H.
Half a dozen in the 11years I’ve been on here I would say, that went out in style :lol:

It’s called doing an Enfield.

or a "Simo" :P currently its " doing a Dawg" which i really can't agree with :cry: just doesn't sound right :( :wink:
Taking my mod hat off for a second, :lol:

Havard

Post by Havard » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:55 pm

mr wilks wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:47 pm
Havard wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:39 pmAre there really that many that have "flounced"..??

I don't get the whole "delete my account" mentality, just don't log on. I have been here a while, it's ok but nothing like other forums I have been on where it's kicking off every 5 minutes. There are some rude people on here but they really need to up their level if they are ever going to own a Supra or a Subaru. Not even a chance of standing out on a Ford or Vauxhall forum.... :D Levels of ignorance there are a different league...!!

H.

H.
Got any pointers how i could up my rude game :oops: pm if preferred :P
    You can stop quoting me twice for a start Mr Wilks..!!
    ImageImage

Joycey

Post by Joycey » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:00 pm

srhutch wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:48 pm
    Joycey wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:35 pm
    srhutch wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:28 pm
    You are the only one that seems to have an issue with the mods. The same method of modding has been used on here for the last 10+ years and it works. If you don’t like how we operate then you know where the door is.
    But does it work? I don't have any issues personally but if anyone dares say anything they get mobbed by replies. You must have the highest turn over of members due to falling out and mild skirmishes.

Food for thought, I get a lot out of this forum and read a lot of the posts so the door is not needed for me unless I don't fall into your sheep category then I may have to use it.
    It works I would say. Compare it to zedroaster.net. They have been round longer, have a 1/4 of the post count on here and just over half the number of members. We must be doing something right considering they cater for Z3 and Z4 models. :wink:
    Not so sure about that forum it's ancient, I've always been a part of Zroadster.org this forum is pretty key as there is no real direct competition so in theory it should be top. 8)

john-e89
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:12 pm

Goodness sake just laugh it off....no need to go off sulking like a spoilt little girl with no teddy......oh.....wait a sec... :whistle: :bag: :exitright: :topicclosed:
    M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
    MR2 MK 2
    E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
    E89 35is
    G29

Pastry

Post by Pastry » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:15 pm

john-e89 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:12 pmGoodness sake just laugh it off....no need to go off sulking like a spoilt little girl with no teddy......oh.....wait a sec... :whistle: :bag: :exitright: :topicclosed:
    You tart :rofl: good to see you John :thumbsup:
    991 Carrera 2S
    Now gone:
    2008 Z4MR Midnight Blue Metallic
    2006 Z4 3.0si sport Ruby Black
    2006 Z4 3.0si sport Titanium Silver
    2010 Z4 23i Msport and a 3.0i

john-e89
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:18 pm

Hey Pastry,

You too big boy... :thumbsup:
    M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
    MR2 MK 2
    E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
    E89 35is
    G29

BMWZ4MC
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by BMWZ4MC » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:21 pm

srhutch wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:43 pm
    Joycey wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:18 pmIf the admins did their job on this forum most of this animosity could be avoided, then you just might keep members like d4dawg on here. :roll:
    If we picked up on every post that was contentious the forum wouldn’t be half the place it is today.

As others have said, it’s a forum, if you can’t handle it, and the odd falling out then not the place for you.

Perhaps we should have banned d4 then for threatening to punch someone’s lights out?
    A written warning should following the first offence, then a ban if a retraction is not rapidly forthcoming. Such behaviour is unacceptable in a civilised forum, regardless of whether it’s bluster or symptomatic of a deeper problem.
    Z4MC - heavily fettled for track use
    Lotus Exige - sensible daily driver on the mods slippery slope
    Westfield SEiW - in hibernation
    Modified RS4 Avant - back in Blighty
    S2000 GT - gone

Grumpyowl
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by Grumpyowl » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:22 pm

john-e89 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:12 pmGoodness sake just laugh it off....no need to go off sulking like a spoilt little girl with no teddy......oh.....wait a sec... :whistle: :bag: :exitright: :topicclosed:[/quote

Welcome back John :D :thumbsup:

obewan

Post by obewan » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:25 pm

Grumpyowl wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:22 pm
    john-e89 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:12 pmGoodness sake just laugh it off....no need to go off sulking like a spoilt little girl with no teddy......oh.....wait a sec... :whistle: :bag: :exitright: :topicclosed:[/quote

Welcome back John :D :thumbsup:
    +1 :thumbsup:
    E89 2.0 SDrive MSport
    Honda CB500F.
    Gone but not forgotten E85 2.0 MSport

sp3ctre
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:25 pm

Joycey wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:23 pm But is it not your job to moderate every "Skirmish". Perhaps if you don't have the time maybe it's not for you. Or even recruit more moderators to help.
    No it is not...I have been a member of several forums over the years where the mods word rules... it does nip things in the bud but at the detriment of skewing the forum to that of the mods... over time the mods lose trust and get resented, and people leave. This forum has over the last decade been largely self moderating... there have been idiots come and go... but yes, mostly it has worked.

What I will say is the following:

1. If you get your panties in a bunch and ask to be deleted, I will delete you... I won't ask why and I won't beg for you to stay :)

2. If you threaten people you will be deleted... what you say on here is your own responsibility (to the most part). As far as I am concerned if you go down the path of threatening violence it is in your own best interest (and ours) for you to leave.

Other than that, happy to answer any other questions... and just to add, I am more than happy with the job the mods are doing.. in fact, on the back of this they will get a 50% raise in salary! :thumbsup:
    If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

GuidoK
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by GuidoK » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:29 pm

Well said :thumbsup:
    Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | fully polybushed | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers | Sachs Race Engineering clutch

Grumpyowl
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by Grumpyowl » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:35 pm

Tight arse only 50 % :rofl:

sp3ctre
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:37 pm

Grumpyowl wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:35 pmTight arse only 50 % :rofl:
    Gotta keep 'em hungry!! :D
    If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

BMWZ4MC
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by BMWZ4MC » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:41 pm

sp3ctre wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:25 pm
    Joycey wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:23 pm But is it not your job to moderate every "Skirmish". Perhaps if you don't have the time maybe it's not for you. Or even recruit more moderators to help.
    No it is not...I have been a member of several forums over the years where the mods word rules... it does nip things in the bud but at the detriment of skewing the forum to that of the mods... over time the mods lose trust and get resented, and people leave. This forum has over the last decade been largely self moderating... there have been idiots come and go... but yes, mostly it has worked.

1. If you get your panties in a bunch and ask to be deleted, I will delete you... I won't ask why and I won't beg for you to stay :)

2. If you threaten people you will be deleted... what you say on here is your own responsibility (to the most part). As far as I am concerned if you go down the path of threatening violence it is in your own best interest (and ours) for you to leave.

Other than that, happy to answer any other questions... and just to add, I am more than happy with the job the mods are doing.. in fact, on the back of this they will get a 50% raise in salary! :thumbsup:
    Glad to read all of the above :thumbsup:
    Z4MC - heavily fettled for track use
    Lotus Exige - sensible daily driver on the mods slippery slope
    Westfield SEiW - in hibernation
    Modified RS4 Avant - back in Blighty
    S2000 GT - gone

Joycey

Post by Joycey » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:50 pm

sp3ctre wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:25 pm

Evening Spectre

I nearly totally agree although you contradict your admins/mods actions. D4dawg should of been banned or removed how ever you choose to deal with it but did nothing. They also could have interviened and diffused the situation knowing they live on this forum they would of seen it unfold. This brings me back to my original statement it could of been handled better. Maybe you guys can take something from this going forward.