Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

What happened to...d4dawg???

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:03 am

Joycey wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:50 pm
sp3ctre wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:25 pm Evening Spectre

I nearly totally agree although you contradict your admins/mods actions. D4dawg should of been banned or removed how ever you choose to deal with it but did nothing. They also could have interviened and diffused the situation knowing they live this forum they would of seen it unfold. This brings me back to my original statement it could of been handled better. Maybe you guys can take something from this going forward.
I don't always participate on the forum, I have a lot on nowadays, but I do try to have an overview of what is going on. Depends on how you look at it, yes, there could have been intervention and there could have been a scenario where he stayed, but that is not what I want my mods to do... People are responsible for their own actions and they should be big enough to deal with the consequences. To be fair D4dawg posted what he did and immediately asked to be removed... sort of a suicide mission, if you will... Yes, it is disappointing when it happens, but it does happen from time to time.

I realise some people would like some more assertive moderation... but that is fine while the moderators agree with you, but if the mods start moderating based on their preferences it becomes a different animal.... and it's not easy to manage that at all, believe me!

I will ask that people do consider everything that has been said, by everyone. This forum has been built up over the past decade and had generated a really great community. There have been ups and downs that we have come through, and it looks like we are struggling with one right now, but in general it has been very impressive how people rally together to help each other and how largely people get on...

Maybe there are things that need to change... I don't know... if anyone had any ideas please feel to PM me, I am always open to suggestions!
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:24 am

Beedub wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:29 pmTBH i understand really...... and i wish him all the best, i also think their has been a real change over the last 12 months in this place and the general vibe. FWIW ive met d4 and he's absolutely cool , so for him to bubble like that he's not been happy for a while. He really loved his ///M so i think its very sad to see a true enthusiast leave. i Wish him and the forum the best but my own usage will and is being cut drastically.
Couldn't agree more beedub :thumbsup:

I am on Less and less,and when I ask what happened to a fellow forum member,then wondermike pointed me to the thread that seemed to be the cause of it,
Then I stick up for d4dawg, and say it's a A shame he has left,and that other people's posts are out of order/unhelpful at best,and that there are too many negative posters/keyboard warriors...
I get threats from Truth and all-sorts of abuse in PM's!!!!

You never used to get that on here. :headbang:
Last edited by craig3.2 on Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Interlagos Blue M RDSTR,2008. Logic7 dsp Hifi;satnav,stubby,htd seats,etc,etc.
Black 2005 3.0i NOW SOLD(and missed)

bluespit

Post by bluespit » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:47 am

Just my twopenneth----

this is the best forum I use, its well moderated and its well tolerated. There are lots of folk with considerable knowledge and happy to share. there 'something for everyone' whether its jokes or cars, PC or non PC.

Congrats to those who run/own/maintain this forum.

If you want comparisons try some of the classic cars forums where you can get banned for telling jokes!, public disagreement is banned, supporting modifications is banned, disagreeing with a mod is banned. This place is utopia compared to the Stag Owners Club Forum where folk have been banned for explaining how to fit an electric water pump!

sometimes even fools make our lives richer and are worth listening to even if its only to hear how foolish they are.

keep it up chaps (and chapesses)
now I'm about to have more time I've suddenly got less toys to play with!

Silverzedtom

Post by Silverzedtom » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:59 am

I’ve been a user on the forum for around one year now having previously spied in from the outside for a fair while. I have to say I think this place is brilliant. The vast majority of people here will go out of their way to help others in whatever way they can.

I’ve only ever seen a few threads that have turned sour - not bad when you consider the usage of this place. Trouble is in life you get d*ckheads, snobs, people who think 1+1=3 and won’t be told differently and there’s nothing we can do about it.

Best to just be nice and ignore the idiots in my opinion, you can’t beat them they’ll always be ‘right’.
E85 2.5si
F55 Cooper S

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ducklakeview » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:09 am

bluespit wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:47 amJust my twopenneth----

this is the best forum I use, its well moderated and its well tolerated. There are lots of folk with considerable knowledge and happy to share. there 'something for everyone' whether its jokes or cars, PC or non PC.

Congrats to those who run/own/maintain this forum.

If you want comparisons try some of the classic cars forums where you can get banned for telling jokes!, public disagreement is banned, supporting modifications is banned, disagreeing with a mod is banned. This place is utopia compared to the Stag Owners Club Forum where folk have been banned for explaining how to fit an electric water pump!

sometimes even fools make our lives richer and are worth listening to even if its only to hear how foolish they are.

keep it up chaps (and chapesses)
+1,and especially about the Stag owners forum... I got abuse for fitting a (completely hidden) Thatcham transponder immobiliser to mine :rofl:

Mike

maxman

Post by maxman » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:37 am

I visit the forum most days and find it a good read with people willing to help each other out.In life their are only a few of us that are perfect ,so don't take it personal when some one has a different point of view.
In my opinion the forum is as good as it ever was,
We seem to get the same handful of people posting the forum is not as good as it was,if that's the case move on and stop being drama queens.
Good to see John-e89 is back in circulation .

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Post by TitanTim » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:09 am

I always seem to miss the juicy threads :|

Tim.

BMWZ4MC
Lifer
Lifer

Post by BMWZ4MC » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:52 am

I’m amazed Stag owners know how to access the internet :P
Z4MC - heavily fettled for track use
Lotus Exige - sensible daily driver on the mods slippery slope
Westfield SEiW - in hibernation
Modified RS4 Avant - back in Blighty
S2000 GT - gone

RickRob
Lifer
Lifer

Post by RickRob » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:23 am

The best part of this thread is that John-e89 has reappeared. I hope that this will be a permanent return and that he's not reading about how to leave! :lol:

For my part this is the only forum I regularly use. I have met a lot of great people through it and whilst my contributions may be of limited value to others, I have contributed where I could. I have learnt a lot about Zeds and had it confirmed that it takes all sorts to make the world go round.
///M Roadster. 2007 Black/Black. Rear spoiler, whippy aerial, mud flaps and gimp-style wind deflector! :)

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:06 am

I am going to lock this now, for no other reason than we need to move on from this. We have discussed the situation and I have just made a post about behaviour going forward. Hopefully we can draw a line under this one and move forward.

Welcome back John-e89!!! :thumbsup:
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme