Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Brittany, France - Good driving in late March?

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
DaveZ4richardson

Post by DaveZ4richardson » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:32 pm

I have one of the Sanef tag already. Its cost me £45 so far. That includes a £20 deposit you get back and the £12 yearly subscription plus initial deposit. You get invoiced a month after travelling.
DaveZ4richardson :thumbsup:
3.0i 2003 E85 auto cruise control, smart top module.

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:54 pm

DaveZ4richardson wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:32 pmI have one of the Sanef tag already. Its cost me £45 so far. That includes a £20 deposit you get back and the £12 yearly subscription plus initial deposit. You get invoiced a month after travelling.
Do you clip yours to the upper central windscreen or wave it at the machine?
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:07 pm

ronk wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:54 pm
DaveZ4richardson wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:32 pmI have one of the Sanef tag already. Its cost me £45 so far. That includes a £20 deposit you get back and the £12 yearly subscription plus initial deposit. You get invoiced a month after travelling.
Im usually on my own & perefer to do my French miles through the night :wink: get to test if my speedo works over 100 :D
but i pull in & get out of my car to operate the tolls , gives me a quick break from driving , some fresh air & a stretch of the legs , then its back at it :driving:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

DaveZ4richardson

Post by DaveZ4richardson » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:42 am

I have not used it yet. But i intend to place it in the area near the rear view mirror. Or thats where i been advised to place it. I just planned early for 2 weeks in France in june. You can also transfer it to different vehicles. Its all linked to the same bank account, so would not advise lending it out or you might find yourself a bit short in your bank account the following month :rofl: :thumbsup:
DaveZ4richardson :thumbsup:
3.0i 2003 E85 auto cruise control, smart top module.

Paulwirral

Post by Paulwirral » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:25 am

mr wilks wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:07 pm
Im usually on my own & perefer to do my French miles through the night :wink: get to test if my speedo works over 100 :D

but i pull in & get out of my car to operate the tolls , gives me a quick break from driving , some fresh air & a stretch of the legs , then its back at it :driving:
Mr. Wilks is a seasoned France traveller like myself , I've lived there and been up and down through France for the last 14 years or so and I've never bothered with a sanef tag , the toll booth leg stretch is one of the highlights of the journey.

Silverzedtom

Post by Silverzedtom » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:35 am

DaveZ4richardson wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:42 am
I have not used it yet. But i intend to place it in the area near the rear view mirror. Or thats where i been advised to place it. I just planned early for 2 weeks in France in june. You can also transfer it to different vehicles. Its all linked to the same bank account, so would not advise lending it out or you might find yourself a bit short in your bank account the following month :rofl: :thumbsup:
+1 I stupidly forgot about mine and left it in my old car when I sold it. They only went and took the car to France couple of weeks later... they must have wondered what was going on when the barriers shot up. Luckily it was a decent bloke who sent it back with a cheque for the toll fees!
E85 2.5si
F55 Cooper S

Theog

Post by Theog » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:02 pm

ronk wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:23 pm
Theog wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:09 pm
Hmm good idea. I think I need to look into those chip things.

My wife sit's abnormally high in the car (looks like a booster seat!), so hopefully she will be able to reach a little better.
We travelled in the 335xd which is a good bit higher than the Z4 but she still found it awkward. The first year costs for the gizmo is quite high. Set up fee / Deposit then a monthly usage fee but it will be worthwhile to swish thro. :thumbsup:

For info:-
https://www.saneftolling.co.uk
Hmm interesting. Not sure how many times I will use it outside of this year though. I will look into it though. Thanks!

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:11 pm

More than lightly to use it for another few years (I hope)
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

LionJa

Post by LionJa » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:46 am

It seems to me that the roads in Brittany are pretty fine and the way is not boring at all, I drove there last April, it was all right, nothing to be worried about, safe and good quality surface. I have something to compare with: driving in Greek mountains last December was pretty scary, rain and fog plus a rental Citroen was not a pleasant experience at all. Though I really liked the country, checking business opportunities there and maybe for start will consider buying apartment in Athens for an air bnb project, the city has become extremely popular among tourists recently even in winter, let's see :)