Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

How often do you...

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Ethicsgradient

How often do you...

Post by Ethicsgradient » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:53 pm

Wash your car?

I confess not much of a washer.. Maybe once or twice a year whether it needs it or not and will just chuck it through a car wash if it's needed to be cleanish for some reason . Always take a bit of kitchen roll out with me to the car as the door handles be so filthy that opening them results in dirty hands....i think when that becomes automatic habit then your probably not much of a clean car person. Haha

Buckz

How often do you...

Post by Buckz » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:56 pm

every 2 weeks or so.. sometimes once a week :cry:

PinkPineapple44

How often do you...

Post by PinkPineapple44 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:00 pm

Once or twice a year?! How dirty is your car :lol:

I usually stick to monthly washes and make a day of it so I can go to town. Polish and sealant every 6 months with a dose of aqua wax during the inbewteens

Ethicsgradient

How often do you...

Post by Ethicsgradient » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:06 pm

I see my neighbour cleaning his car weekly, I think I have seen him do it twice a week sometimes .. I think he must not have call of duty WW2 :D

Ethicsgradient

How often do you...

Post by Ethicsgradient » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:09 pm

PinkPineapple44 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:00 pmOnce or twice a year?! How dirty is your car :lol:

I usually stick to monthly washes and make a day of it so I can go to town. Polish and sealant every 6 months with a dose of aqua wax during the inbewteens
Right now its not toooo bad, I ran it through the tiger wash at the petrol station as I had to pick up my father from the home on Xmas day for dinner and he would have got very dirty trying to get into it. You had to kinda open the door then jump in to avoid any actual contact with the exterior. It looked a bit like it had been in a wind tunnel while someone threw buckets of mud into the fans.

buzyg
Legend
Legend

How often do you...

Post by buzyg » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:27 pm

I clean mine when it's dirty. So if I go out Sunday for a drive. Then it's washed before I drive it again. Usually before it goes back in the garage that evening. :D

Dirty at the moment as it was dark when I got back Sunday. Will probably get washed tomorrow, as I should be home before dark. :wub: :wink:

Angelus666

How often do you...

Post by Angelus666 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:01 pm

I've been on both sides of the detailing fence. From 2000 to 2009 I was really into weekly washing of the car, then (for one reason or another) I got bored and thought what a waste of time, so let the Romanians clean my cars up until a year ago. I'm now back into it more than ever and clean the Z once every other week and the same for the TT.

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

How often do you...

Post by Nictrix » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:21 pm

I hate driving around in a dirty car and try to wash them every weekend.
At this time of year it is quite difficult as I dont want to ice up the pavement outside my house and have anybody slip on it.
The neighbours must think I am mental anyway as I have washed them in the rain before and also in the dark.
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

1000rr

How often do you...

Post by 1000rr » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:10 pm

Every week.
Sterling 3.0, Bentley burgundy leather, Aeros..
Ducati Supersport S

jabber
Lifer
Lifer

How often do you...

Post by jabber » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:18 pm

Just before I sell it
Z less again
14 E89 Z4 2.0 msport grey gone now
10 E89 Z4 3.0 Black auto now. Very sadly gone
Gone 04 E85 z4 3.0 Maldives blue smg

Bing
Legend
Legend

How often do you...

Post by Bing » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:25 pm

I used to wash mine every week, full polish and wax every 6 weeks or so... but I have slacked off in recent years, and certainly in the winter it can go 3 weeks without a wash. But eventually I can’t bear driving it dirty... and in the summer I get back to nearly weekly, ish. For 3 and a half years I haven’t needed to polish and wax it as it had a paint protection coating on it... but that’s wearing out now. I have to say, getting back in the swing of doing a full clay/polish/wax takes some serious pre-motivation now as it’s fecking hard work.
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

Bing
Legend
Legend

How often do you...

Post by Bing » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:27 pm

Ethicsgradient wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:09 pm
PinkPineapple44 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:00 pmOnce or twice a year?! How dirty is your car :lol:

Right now its not toooo bad, I ran it through the tiger wash at the petrol station as I had to pick up my father from the home on Xmas day for dinner and he would have got very dirty trying to get into it. You had to kinda open the door then jump in to avoid any actual contact with the exterior. It looked a bit like it had been in a wind tunnel while someone threw buckets of mud into the fans.
When they get REALLY dirty the pattern of the dirt on the car from the airflow is actually pretty cool 8)
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

How often do you...

Post by Machine monkey » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:12 pm

About 16 months ago for me!!
I haven’t driven it for that long either. It’s covered in dust and sh1t from being in the workshop though.
My little blue zed is in lots of bits. With lots of things started and not many finished! I may have found the limits of my time and ability!!

Zoomer

How often do you...

Post by Zoomer » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:06 pm

I sort of washed mine over christmas as someone got me some waterless wash and wax , but it was already clean and was in the garage with a fitted cover on it since October, so I guess that might not count. Otherwise it gets washed about every other week in summer as its a garage queen. My DD tends to get washed bi weekly or when it's really dirty in winter.
Sterling Grey 3.0i E85 Black Heated Leather M sports seats , 224's ,Sat Nav, Bluetooth, Xenons, PDC, Gaptech ,Cruise and a nice warm garage. NOW GONE
Silver 3.0i Z4 NOW GONE

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

How often do you...

Post by TitanTim » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:35 pm

Always weekly but confess of late I've left it 2 weeks and just before x-mass left it 3 weeks as using the i10 over the M140i during winter and see it more of an A to B car. Must admit I'm quite enjoying not washing it and frees up a bit more time at weekends. I get ribbed at work at times, have you nothing better to do comments but I just see it from the point of view that a motor is most likely the second most expensive thing you'll own so why treat it like $hit :)

Tim.