Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

How often do you...

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
RickRob
Lifer
Lifer

How often do you...

Post by RickRob » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:22 pm

All three of mine (Zed, Discovery and Mini, all black) get washed and vacuumed on average twice every three weeks. Like others I really hate driving dirty cars. Living in the sticks the Discovery and Mini, being daily drives, get pretty grubby inside of a week. Last weekend all three were washed and vacuumed.

I wouldn't dream of taking any of them to a car wash.

I try to polish a few panels at a time on a rotating basis, which in theory means that they each get fully cleaned about 3-4 times per year. Last weekend the Mini got its bonnet and passenger door clay-mitted, scratch-removed, black holed and natty waxed.
///M Roadster. 2007 Black/Black. Rear spoiler, whippy aerial, mud flaps and gimp-style wind deflector! :)

Ethicsgradient

How often do you...

Post by Ethicsgradient » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:57 am

I think maybe I omit the washing without guilt as I do twice as many mechanical services as recommended. Being a former owner of some very high strung motorcycles with 10 hour or 1500 mile services, two filters, oil in frame, dry sump nightmares, I do oil changes as habit and other service items far more often than most... I just don't wipe off the oily fingerprints once I finish. Can't see the outside when I driving fast :D

Silverzedtom

How often do you...

Post by Silverzedtom » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:07 am

Every 2/3 weeks. I reset the mileage and it never normally gets to 1000 miles. At the moment Ive got a filthy zed and it’s done 1300 miles since a wash in mid December :cry:
E85 2.5si
F55 Cooper S

Paulr

How often do you...

Post by Paulr » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:22 am

I use mine to go and see clients, and they judge me on things like this because I am a vehicle broker, leasing cars and vans etc. I wash it when it needs it, which could be twice a week in the winter or once a month in the summer.
If you try and take a cat apart the first thing you have is a non working cat.