Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Unmarked cars that Plod are using

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Post by firebobby » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:45 pm

You know it makes sense :lol:
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:08 am

Aston Martin?
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

earthdweller

Post by earthdweller » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:38 am

ronk wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:45 pm
earthdweller wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:41 pmWith the mention of British built cars, really when you think about it there aren’t that many that would fit the bill !

For Panda cars ? Astra ( Ellesmere Port) Civic (Swindon ) are the only two that come to mind

Certainly the Astra is widespread and Wiltshire I do believe use some Honda’s

For vans .. there’s only really the Luton built Vivaro ?

For high performance cars I think that’s where you struggle, there’s only really Jaguar and a lot of their product isn’t really suited to the role

Range Rover have moved upmarket and I don’t believe are interested in the market

So I think you’d kind of struggle to buy British
If only they were British!
They are all foreign owned.
There is that .. but at least they’re built in UK
07 3.0si Sport Roadster Titanium Silver/Syrah Blue Individual Leather, CSL reps ZHP

earthdweller

Post by earthdweller » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:45 am

ronk wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:08 amAston Martin?
Diesel ?

Able to be used 24/7 52 weeks a year ?

Cover 50k + Miles a year for at least 4 yesrs?

Able to carry three 20 stone coppers .. tray of donuts and hold supersized coffee cups ?

Carry a full firearms load out with ballistic shields and trauma lifepacks including oxygen tanks ?

I think the Morgan has it by a whisker :rofl:
07 3.0si Sport Roadster Titanium Silver/Syrah Blue Individual Leather, CSL reps ZHP

Jaw

Post by Jaw » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:07 pm

some old piccies I found

:D
Z4M Roadster - Gone but not forgotten
E92 M3 | 981 Boxster S | Corvette C4 | 996 911 Gemballa |XR8 | Whatever else is lurking in the garage

Buckz

Post by Buckz » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:41 pm

those are called promotion cars or what ever... they're never on the road and usually are not even owned by the plod.

Graeme_NI

Post by Graeme_NI » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:23 pm

I remember reading quite recently the costs involved in deploying a police vechile. One big reason why BMW, Audi etc are so popular is that they can ship a vechile built to full police spec just leaving the region to stick a crest onto it.
This is most evident with armoured cars, in Northern Ireland judges are ferried around in armoured cars. In the past they would have used Vx Omegas, Ford Granadas etc. More recently Skoda Superbs would be a common choice. By the time the car was stripped, armoured, tuned and had beefed up suspension, brakes etc fitted to cope with the extra weight it cost a clean fortune and would be an absolute dog of thing. They now use Land Rover Discovery, built to governement spec from the factory and supply and maintenance over its life is a lot cheaper, plus they last twice as long.

Jaw

Post by Jaw » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:53 am

Buckz wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:41 pm those are called promotion cars or what ever... they're never on the road and usually are not even owned by the plod.
lol I know that - hence the collection bucket on the front :)

Still, very cool to see a caparo policed up - would be hideously impractical otr ;)
Z4M Roadster - Gone but not forgotten
E92 M3 | 981 Boxster S | Corvette C4 | 996 911 Gemballa |XR8 | Whatever else is lurking in the garage

Finisterre

Post by Finisterre » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:05 pm

I had a black Audi S3 try and push me into a bit of larking about in Nottinghamshire last year. I wasn't having it. A few minutes later I saw it had pulled over a less restrained motorist a couple of miles down the road. Sneaky.

(now then Bing, I still call in but seldom leave a message, hope all is well)
E85 2.0. + E39 530i touring.

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:46 pm

Finisterre wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:05 pmI had a black Audi S3 try and push me into a bit of larking about in Nottinghamshire last year. I wasn't having it. A few minutes later I saw it had pulled over a less restrained motorist a couple of miles down the road. Sneaky.

(now then Bing, I still call in but seldom leave a message, hope all is well)
Finisteeeeeeeeeerrreeee !!! The sight of your your name sucked me in like a rat down a drain full of fresh offcuts - totally made up to hear from you, hope you’re in fine health :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :D

I too look in often but only poke my head up ocassionally now, too busy with life and s**t :oops: :lol:
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...