Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

The reason I no longer ride a bike.. (Audi NSFW)

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:51 pm

That video is a f***ing scary 30 secs - glad he’s alive, but he’s not helping himself...

It’s easy to forget how fast stuff goes wrong when you’re travelling at speed, in any type of vehicle.
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

Ethicsgradient

Post by Ethicsgradient » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:50 pm

oof thats a bad one , I keep the lairy bike riding to the track or strip . Only had one bad off on the road , student days despatch riding in glasgow , ended up lying across the drivers lap inside a golf after he pulled out on me up by the Solid Rock cafe . Was an old CB400/4 , it was mint ..it was suddenly very not mint .

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nictrix » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:11 pm

Ethicsgradient wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:50 pmoof thats a bad one , I keep the lairy bike riding to the track or strip . Only had one bad off on the road , student days despatch riding in glasgow , ended up lying across the drivers lap inside a golf after he pulled out on me up by the Solid Rock cafe . Was an old CB400/4 , it was mint ..it was suddenly very not mint .
Who did you work for in Glasgow?
I was a courier for years starting with Direct Despatch and moving on to Pony Express around 1990.
Funnily enough I had an accident across the road from The Solid while filtering between cars, someone parked up opened the passenger door.
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

JPB

Post by JPB » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:15 pm

Wow. I hope everything is okay for him now. Thanks for sharing - puts things in perspective
Jase
Z4 3.0i 2003

Ethicsgradient

Post by Ethicsgradient » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:22 pm

Nictrix wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:11 pm
Ethicsgradient wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:50 pmoof thats a bad one , I keep the lairy bike riding to the track or strip . Only had one bad off on the road , student days despatch riding in glasgow , ended up lying across the drivers lap inside a golf after he pulled out on me up by the Solid Rock cafe . Was an old CB400/4 , it was mint ..it was suddenly very not mint .
Who did you work for in Glasgow?
I was a courier for years starting with Direct Despatch and moving on to Pony Express around 1990.
Funnily enough I had an accident across the road from The Solid while filtering between cars, someone parked up opened the passenger door.
Apollo , blue jacket , blue bag , yellow writing .. . CB400/4..killed ... then a CB650 . Then I got a place on a ice class trawler as engineer, with them offering to pay for the rest of my studies ... and my despatch career was over . It was one wet job that in Scotland , I reckon I was borderline hypothermia more than once on long runs lol

bladeowner

Post by bladeowner » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:02 am

Ducklakeview wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:38 pm
buzyg wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:36 pmCouple of pieces of gaffer tape will have that up on auto trader. :wink:

So does your brother still ride a bike then? Twice lucky is pushing it more than enough.
Yes - And he's had a couple more serious offs since then..

Mike
His insurance premiums must be a tad on the high side.
2004 Sapphire Black 2.5 SE Z4 SMG

gannet
Lifer
Lifer

Post by gannet » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:00 pm

:o

I hit a pedestrian @14.6 mph (push bike admittedly) just before Christmas and that hurt enough...

130+ before impact, I'm surprised the police didn't take his license away/lock him up at that speed though...
-- Gannet.
Current: MINI JCW... - Modification: Driver Upgraded :D
Previous: DS3 DSport, Z4 3.0SE, 206 GTi & XS, Alfa 147 Lusso