Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Small bore heating system

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:08 pm

Update:-

A sorry saga really, after two doses of Fernox F5 cleaner, they eventually agreed that it was never going to clear the system (basic stuff really) so I asked a proper heating engineer to have a look - he took the head off the TRV and the heat came belting thro. Put two new thermo heads on and the job is sorted.
It’s taken until today for them to acknowledge my complaint of a complete misdiagnosis but they still insist they are correct in saying blocked radiators. :headbang:

They have now offered me £20 as compensation :thumbsdown:
I have not accepted this as the fault was cured by a repair that should have been cured by a simple repair that was supposed to be covered under the policy.
I did tell them it was a closed valve at their first visit.

The customer services agent read from a script and I have now bounced it up the food chain of their organisation . She tried to talk to me as if i hadn’t got a clue - offering what can only be described as bullshit excuses that the. “Engineers” had given her.

I am not impressed with the service and will now push for a full premium refund - trading standards is my next step I think.
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Scooba_Steve
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Scooba_Steve » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:24 pm

At least you're fixed! Don't bother with Trading Standards, it's worth reporting but they won't get your money back, just go the small claims route.
3.0si Sport: F10 Illuminated ZHP, Retrofit Cruise, OE Stubby, Gaptech RCH+, Kenwood BT73DAB + Handsfree, HIDs, LED Sidelights, OE LED Number Plate Lights, Custom LED strip bootlight.

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:32 pm

Scooba_Steve wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:24 pmAt least you're fixed! Don't bother with Trading Standards, it's worth reporting but they won't get your money back, just go the small claims route.
Thanks for the advice !
I wouldn’t have minded if they’d said ooops! Sorry we made a mistake but they’ve tried to BS me with clap trap. I do think they got a surprise when I was able to demonstrate this.

Scooba_Steve
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Scooba_Steve » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:09 am

Exactly, an apology and refund would solve it, might not keep your business but a better outcome than being badmouthed all over the show. You don't really have grounds for a refund of premium but clearly do for the cost of the repair they attempted and the subsequent cost for the fix. Add it up, write to them explaining the situation and ask for it back, including postage costs. If they don't play ball give them a final letter, still no joy, issue a claim. You may have to get a report from the guy who fixed it for you but can add that to the claim. For the money involved I doubt they would even defend it.
3.0si Sport: F10 Illuminated ZHP, Retrofit Cruise, OE Stubby, Gaptech RCH+, Kenwood BT73DAB + Handsfree, HIDs, LED Sidelights, OE LED Number Plate Lights, Custom LED strip bootlight.

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:35 am

Sound advice I think! Thank you.
I’ve retained both defective trv heads and it’s so obvious the shuttle doesn’t rise or fall as the control is adjusted - the replacements that rectified the fault move as adjustment is made so they cannot BS out of that one !

I can say that the valve assy in both the rads in question are free moving - the failed trv heads effectively closed them firmly shut.

As an Engineer, albeit retired now, do feel slightly embaressed that I didn’t check before I called the incompetent plonkers.

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:07 pm

Scottish Power Boiler care have now offered a £60 goodwill payment! For the small amount of money I’ve spent so far and the amount of compensation a court would award I will probably accept but they won’t be keeping my business for energy supply.

Scottish power boiler care has proven to be a complete and utter waste of money and even after I demonstrated that the fault was completey cured by the replacement of the trv heads they continue to wriggle.

Avoid !