Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

The jab ..

Discuss anything non Z4 related here

Will you take the COVID jab

Of course
79%
Hell no
9%
Undecided
5%
After results of first round are known
7%

Total votes: 203

dans6490

The jab ..

Post by dans6490 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:01 pm

mgrlane wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:14 am PS.

If the government can't even protect the old in the care homes by simply having live in careers rather than letting individual support workers bounce from one site to 4-5 others on a daily basis passing the virus out amongst the worst affected. Having 12 months ago sent infected people back from the hospital into the care homes.

If that's the way they are treating them- what makes you think they they know what's right for you and your family? And why should you listen to them and obey their "science".
Totally agree with the care home situation, however, I think it was lose/lose situation and I don’t see how it’s the governments fault. Most care homes are private businesses that make their own decisions. The problem is there are very few of these people that you mention, usually with families, that are willing to forfeit large parts of their lives, working for little over the minimum wage? I doubt you’d get many signing up for that

I hear everyone blaming the government, for everything, on a daily basis.

However, no mass blame for those ignoring the advice. Of course, as you say above, they know better then the scientific advisors? Like the hundreds attending weddings, parties etc. They also know something the government advisors don’t

Yeah sure the government made mistakes and some of the public are able to make rational choices that bend the rules while staying safe. However, I believe that most people think they’re experts and don’t “obey” their science. There’s an awful lot of the population of very low intelligence out there doing just that. Which I believe is why we are in this exact situation.

Fortunately we don’t live in China and people / businesses are given the advice and asked to obey the rules. The trade off is that people who don’t want to follow the advice, will face little sanctions. Those people who know better are packing out the shops up and down the country

I can’t get a definitive answer in this but is it really “the government” who were sending oap’s back to care homes? Was it “the government” who decided who was well enough to be discharged or was it the nhs staff who work in the hospitals?

When these elderly patients are well enough to go back to the care homes, what should they do with them? Keep them in the very place that definitely does have Covid 19, which takes up a much needed bed? Or send them back to a care home and allow the care staff to continue doing their best to keep them safe?

A work colleague was telling me the other day, that if Labour had been voted in, we would have had a different set of advisors, civil servants, council workers, that would have made better choices. Not just MP’s but the people up and down the country who work for the council or government departments etc. Like local planning, health and safety, etc. They would all be replaced by people in the Labour Party.

Yes there are people out there who are genuinely that naive, that they believe that when a government changes, the people in all of those jobs also change

These people are all around us disobeying the rules and spreading the virus at will

IMO these people are the ones mainly at fault.

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

The jab ..

Post by TitanTim » Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:49 pm

Completely agree with Dan above, we have never been in this situation before so tricky for any Government to tackle it to please all.

I do believe though the Government acted slow at times in introducing fuller lockdowns sooner, i.e. back in November than waiting then relaxing things over Christmas with the enivetable results.

I just don't think us Brits are very good at following rules, many do but many have the I know better, stuff you, selfish attitude, plus its scary how many people are simply not very intelligent. I heard a story locally where a chap was telling the check out girl at his local supermarket that he had come shopping on his own as his wife was self isolating :headbang:

What can one say.

Tim.
Last edited by TitanTim on Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Z4C_er

The jab ..

Post by Z4C_er » Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:50 pm

mgrlane wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:09 am
Z4C_er wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:40 am Apparently this vaccine has shown a 67% mean rate of blocking transmission. With those odds the R number will fall quickly the more people are vaccinated.
Well that's the thing isn't it.

In an ideal situation alongside the effectiveness of the people who have already had the virus (not mentioned no where near enough but we have a year's worth of data now to see if they can transmit again) the jabbers will bring that R rate down.

At this point it will either A, die out as people are just not catching it as there is a barrier with herd immunity. Or B, will keep burning through the young who are least at risk and build towards the herd immunity.

Either way, this is only heading one way now and that's in a positive direction. I think it will take longer than normal to get back to where we need to be but as far as I am concerned as soon as my parents get their second jab and their 90% as a family I would have thought we will make the decision to go back to normal.

We Lanes are capable of thinking for ourselves and are aware of the risks and the government can spin it any way they want but I would have thought most free thinking people are the same.

Lives are there to be lived. If you have your jab and get your 95+% protection from a virus that you have 99.9% survival rate from and still at that point think we should close businesses, destroy kids futures and rack up unprecedented amounts of debt then I don't really know what to say what to say about it really.

The good times are just around the corner (once we negate the mass unemployment, poverty and the destruction of lives that we have caused over the last year).
Here's another one of those quote who didn't say it things. Something screwy is going on here. I couldn't see how you could quote me is I wasn't involved in the original response? It was a Prof response to Titan Tim. What's going on mods?
2006.5 E86 Z4C si SE Phoenix Yellow

dans6490

The jab ..

Post by dans6490 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:03 pm

Z4C_er wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:50 pm
Z4C_er wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:40 am Apparently this vaccine has shown a 67% mean rate of blocking transmission. With those odds the R number will fall quickly the more people are vaccinated.

In an ideal situation alongside the effectiveness of the people who have already had the virus (not mentioned no where near enough but we have a year's worth of data now to see if they can transmit again) the jabbers will bring that R rate down.

At this point it will either A, die out as people are just not catching it as there is a barrier with herd immunity. Or B, will keep burning through the young who are least at risk and build towards the herd immunity.

Either way, this is only heading one way now and that's in a positive direction. I think it will take longer than normal to get back to where we need to be but as far as I am concerned as soon as my parents get their second jab and their 90% as a family I would have thought we will make the decision to go back to normal.

We Lanes are capable of thinking for ourselves and are aware of the risks and the government can spin it any way they want but I would have thought most free thinking people are the same.

Lives are there to be lived. If you have your jab and get your 95+% protection from a virus that you have 99.9% survival rate from and still at that point think we should close businesses, destroy kids futures and rack up unprecedented amounts of debt then I don't really know what to say what to say about it really.

The good times are just around the corner (once we negate the mass unemployment, poverty and the destruction of lives that we have caused over the last year).
Here's another one of those quote who didn't say it things. Something screwy is going on here. I couldn't see how you could quote me is I wasn't involved in the original response? It was a Prof response to Titan Tim. What's going on mods?
Wow, that is weird. How is that even possible

dans6490

The jab ..

Post by dans6490 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:06 pm

mgrlane wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:03 pm
mgrlane wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:50 pm

Mmmmmm it seems you can edit the name when quoting :-|

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

The jab ..

Post by Smartbear » Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:32 pm

dans6490 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:06 pm
mgrlane wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:03 pm
mgrlane wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:50 pm Here's another one of those quote who didn't say it things. Something screwy is going on here. I couldn't see how you could quote me is I wasn't involved in the original response? It was a Prof response to Titan Tim. What's going on mods?

Not another conspiracy theory, please.
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

The jab ..

Post by Nictrix » Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:58 pm

dans6490 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:01 pm

Yes there are people out there who are genuinely that naive, that they believe that when a government changes, the people in all of those jobs also change
I must be naive but is this not exactly what happens?
Whatever government is in charge chooses who they deal with and each will have their own "experts" who they will work with.
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

dans6490

The jab ..

Post by dans6490 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:09 pm

DarthVader wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:32 pm
JeremyCorbyn wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:06 pm
ThePope wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:03 pm

Not another conspiracy theory, please.
Rob
:oops: Your name is DarthVader????

dans6490

The jab ..

Post by dans6490 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:14 pm

Nictrix wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:58 pm

Whatever government is in charge chooses who they deal with and each will have their own "experts" who they will work with.
So if Labour got in power, the people who cut the grass, empty the bins, oversee local planning, visit restaurants to check if they are hygienic, deal with fly tipping, work in the office that deal with council tax etc, all lose their jobs and are replaced by thousands of people who the new government then employ.........err no

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

The jab ..

Post by Nictrix » Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:20 pm

dans6490 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:14 pm
Nictrix wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:58 pm
So if Labour got in power, the people who cut the grass, empty the bins, oversee local planning, visit restaurants to check if they are hygienic, deal with fly tipping, work in the office that deal with council tax etc, all lose their jobs and are replaced by thousands of people who the new government then employ.........err no

No, not all of those types of people, but you could probably bet that if any of the other parties were in power it wouldnt be people like Chris Whitty that would be paraded in front of the cameras.
For instance Chris Whitty was given the role of chief medical officer by the current government.
Im sure every other party would choose their own person to fill the same role.

dans6490

The jab ..

Post by dans6490 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:23 pm

Nictrix wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:20 pm
Nictrix wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:58 pm I must be naive but is this not exactly what happens?
No, not all of those types of people, but you could probably bet that if any of the other parties were in power it wouldnt be people like Chris Whitty that would be paraded in front of the cameras.
For instance Chris Whitty was given the role of chief medical officer by the current government.
Sorry, agreed, in that instance. This chap was referring to our local council and how they weren’t answering phones quickly, delayed bin collections etc. He was under the impression that if Labour got in, they would all be out of a job, to be replaced by Labours employees

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

The jab ..

Post by Nictrix » Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:27 pm

dans6490 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:23 pm
Nictrix wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:20 pm
Sorry, agreed, in that instance. This chap was referring to our local council and how they weren’t answering phones quickly, delayed bin collections etc. He was under the impression that if Labour got in, they would all be out of a job, to be replaced by Labours employees
:lol:
And with that being agreed it makes you think that the chief medical officer would possibly be shooting himself in the foot by not towing the line with anything the government says.
Makes you wonder.......

dans6490

The jab ..

Post by dans6490 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:29 pm

Nictrix wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:27 pm
dans6490 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:23 pm
Nictrix wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:20 pm No, not all of those types of people, but you could probably bet that if any of the other parties were in power it wouldnt be people like Chris Whitty that would be paraded in front of the cameras.
:lol:
And with that being agreed it makes you think that the chief medical officer would possibly be shooting himself in the foot by not towing the line with anything the government says.
Makes you wonder.......
Again agreed :rofl:

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

The jab ..

Post by john-e89 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:53 pm

I don’t think Chris Whitty needs to worry about getting or keeping a job.... :roll:

This is getting silly beyond silly...
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

The jab ..

Post by Nanu » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:30 pm

Patients were sent back to care homes yes. They were sent to those which had the facility to quarantine them from the rest of the care home community and these were given additional funding. The issue was as you say was with staff, in particular nurses, who bounced from one car home to another. It is a legal duty for these places to have a qualified nurse on duty at all times. This was often fulfilled by NHS nurses working additional shifts or agency staff covering more than one home. I suspect that when we have the inevitable enquiry into Covid, the one main outcome will be that our wonderful NHS staff were all not quite as wonderful as we are led to believe.
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White