Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

WoW! Cycling that is fun to watch

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:38 pm

Not something I have ever followed. But I was blown away by the BMX freestyle finals today.

People think I'm nuts with some of the sports I have done in my time. But Charlotte Worthington how do you get up after crashing from 20 ft up in the air and win an Olympic Gold. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/58044570

Declan Brooks not too bad either. :thumbsup:

Zedebee
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Zedebee » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:19 pm

It’s an emotional roller coaster for sure. That took some real guts.
2003 Maldives Blue 3.0i auto
Previously: Maldives Blue 2.5i manual (its back!) and another, and a Monaco Blue 3.0Si coupe

maxman

Post by maxman » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:58 pm

Agree,she is a true superstar.10 out 10 for entertainment.

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:09 pm

Truly amazing athleticism and acrobatics.
I do find it slightly un-nerving; a 36 year old man (the Venezuelan chap) riding a child's bike though no matter how talented. :D
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:44 am

Don't get me wrong, I started out as a BMX boy in 1983 with my first Kuwahara BMX. I was damn proud of that thing. Beartrap pedals, CW bars, Uni Turbo seat, Redline cranks, Skyway Tuff II's. Til some fkr beat me up and stole it (Liverpool), yeah.
Then it was a series of 'expendable' DiamondBacks and Mongoose bikes while I honed my skills on the quarterpipe. I wasn't too bad. Couple of broken noses and nasty scabs but never ever did I ever think BMX would become an olympic sport! x-games maybe. wtaf?
Next you know we'll have golf and cricket listed as olympic sports....oh wait.
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

andy.c

Post by andy.c » Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:42 pm

Chris_D wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:44 am Don't get me wrong, I started out as a BMX boy in 1983 with my first Kuwahara BMX. I was damn proud of that thing. Beartrap pedals, CW bars, Uni Turbo seat, Redline cranks, Skyway Tuff II's. Til some fkr beat me up and stole it (Liverpool), yeah.
Then it was a series of 'expendable' DiamondBacks and Mongoose bikes while I honed my skills on the quarterpipe. I wasn't too bad. Couple of broken noses and nasty scabs but never ever did I ever think BMX would become an olympic sport! x-games maybe. wtaf?
Chris no mention of the 2 finger MX brakes there? I would love to still have my bmxs I had especially my the 2 pk rippers I had

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:11 pm

andy.c wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:42 pm
Chris_D wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:44 am Don't get me wrong, I started out as a BMX boy in 1983 with my first Kuwahara BMX. I was damn proud of that thing. Beartrap pedals, CW bars, Uni Turbo seat, Redline cranks, Skyway Tuff II's. Til some fkr beat me up and stole it (Liverpool), yeah.
Chris no mention of the 2 finger MX brakes there? I would love to still have my bmxs I had especially my the 2 pk rippers I had
Hah, no! I tried those but I found them uncomfortable so I went back to the conventional straight MX's. The CW bars with mushroom grips were a gamechanger though, esp when racing - way more control.
Omg, this conv is taking me straight back to the carpark behind the local Sainsburys where we spent more time comparing bikes than actually riding them!
:lol:
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.