Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

What do you Jocks really want?

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
BeeEmm

Post by BeeEmm » Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:35 am

Pbondar wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:08 am Thank you for your support..I know several members of the silent majority are appalled and have privately commented on this level of abuse / disrespectful behaviour both to those external to this forum and forum members...

Back reading many of those posters previous threads it’s clear that some of these people have issues that I assume colour their views and are part of this behaviour..however I don’t see why the majority should tolerate such behaviour...it smacks of arrogance / insensitivity / selfishness....

I’ve many times thought about leaving this forum (I’ve cancelled almost all my FB groups)..but think why should I be driven out by this behaviour...I have as much a right to be here as anyone else and I shouldn’t have to behave like a psychiatrist to accommodate this behaviour from what is a small but vocal minority...

I think many like a good debate on many matters and expressing an opinion is great but being abusive to people does nothing to enhance this Forum and it reduces the poster in the eyes of many to a bully/ignorant/arrogant/rude (delete as applicable).. for me there are now a number of people whom I would have really liked to have met to discuss Zedding matters only now to I will ensure that I (if the opportunity presented itself) will go out of my way to avoid them..

Very sad and totally unnecessary
Well said. I was involved in commenting on the original post and seemed to build up a bit of banter with the OP. I did not make any comments which were abusive or arrogant, but I feel tarnished by the other comments that were made.
I used to have two boys and a girl. Now I have two Men and a Woman. :?

Owdgit

Post by Owdgit » Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:41 am

Banter was the intent of the thread.
Happy for an admin type to delete it as it seems to have become inappropriate particularly for this section.
I like to think I'm an optimist.

2010 Grey Z4 E89 N52 3.0 with stuff
2018 VW Arteon 2.0tsi daily workhorse
2020 KTM 1290 Superduke GT

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:52 am

Thank you to those who have reflected / clarified their views on this particular thread...I appreciate it. :thumbsup:

Owdgit

Post by Owdgit » Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:00 am

Pbondar wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:52 am Thank you to those who have reflected / clarified their views on this particular thread...I appreciate it. :thumbsup:
Does that mean you love us again? :D :sweetheart:

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:07 am

Pbondar wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:08 am
maxman wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:24 am It’s sad as it drags this forum down to Facebook levels ... :headbang:
Well said that man :thumbsup:
Thank you for your support..I know several members of the silent majority are appalled and have privately commented on this level of abuse / disrespectful behaviour both to those external to this forum and forum members... :headbang:

Back reading many of those posters previous threads it’s clear that some of these people have issues that I assume colour their views and are part of this behaviour..however I don’t see why the majority should tolerate such behaviour...it smacks of arrogance / insensitivity / selfishness....

I’ve many times thought about leaving this forum (I’ve cancelled almost all my FB groups)..but think why should I be driven out by this behaviour...I have as much a right to be here as anyone else and I shouldn’t have to behave like a psychiatrist to accommodate this behaviour from what is a small but vocal minority...

I think many like a good debate on many matters and expressing an opinion is great but being abusive to people does nothing to enhance this Forum and it reduces the poster in the eyes of many to a bully/ignorant/arrogant/rude (delete as applicable).. for me there are now a number of people whom I would have really liked to have met to discuss Zedding matters only now to I will ensure that I (if the opportunity presented itself) will go out of my way to avoid them.. :tumbleweed:

Very sad and totally unnecessary :thumbsdown:
[/quote]

Perhaps the silent majority might to make a little more effort to add some input...? I don’t know. A quick word might make the ones you’re taking about think a bit more at the time, and I’ve no doubt I’m one of them. It’s also not that simple, some folks are having a tough time, some have other factors, personally very bad depression makes me go off at times, it’s not an excuse it’s a reason and I’m truly sorry if Ive upset anyone, apart from crooks that try to take what isnt theirs, I’m not a horrible person, i can’t get meds that suit me, i think I’ve just come off the 14th type, I’m really struggling, a quick word now and again would be enough to give a nudge, just because life may be fine and chilled for most for some it isn’t and it spills over into other areas like this at times, no need to be so sensitive, have a word. I can only speak for myself and if that’s not acceptable personally I’ll leave if wanted, I’m not here to upset anyone on purpose, but saying nothing and grumbling in the background doesn’t let anyone know if they’re out of line even though it perhaps shouldn’t need to be said, we’re not all perfect.
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

Owdgit

Post by Owdgit » Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:13 am

Nicely put John.
I personally don't take or imply offence, too old and forgetful.

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:32 am

Again thank you for the constructive/ reflective comments...

Even I have my dark days so I and I’m sure all of us have a degree of empathy with were some of us are at in regards to health/financial worries/frustrations in not being able to meet the people we want to be with / do things we want to do...

Many are too timid /put these sort of things in the TFD category so just quietly disappear from the forum..

The Forum is an eclectic and great meld of historical knowledge/new experiences/ great social events online and face to face events etc etc

Encouraging new members to contribute and stopping ‘mature members’ from sloping off or just giving up are IMHo the key attributes of a thriving forum.. :thumbsup:

greg81

Post by greg81 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:47 am

It was better 3 or 4 years ago

Conrod

Post by Conrod » Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:16 pm

I've not been a member of this forum for long, but in that time I've found it to be a friendly place and a mine of very useful information.

My heart sank when I saw this thread, which resulted in my discovering and using the "Add foe" button for the first time. I really don't want to read deliberately provocative garbage like this - it has no place here. Like others have said, this sadly seems to affect most forums from time to time, and I too refuse to use Facebook and Twitter - social media seems to bring out the very worst in people.

I had cause to use the "Report this post" button once, and was pleased to see the moderators remove the offending post straight away - and as a result I bought a couple of stickers to support the forum.

I'm not Scottish, but if it weren't for family commitments here in England my wife and I would move there straight away - lovely people, and beautiful countryside! :)
Alan

2003 E85 Sterling Grey 3.0i

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:17 pm

You’re all very welcome to join us in our lovely country and don’t forget we’ve got roads to die for that it seems a large majority of England appear not to have access to to enjoy their Zeds

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

Flyingfifer

Post by Flyingfifer » Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:40 pm

Pbondar wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:28 pm
    Flyingfifer wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:29 am Ohhh isn't it always fun when people that have zero knowledge on a subject spout their puerile drivel and ignorance heavy views :thumbsup:
    Look stop mincing words and let’s us know what your position is pls? :thumbsup:
    You know me, milk toast fence sitter :rofl:

Many good points made especially those around making charged remarks behind a molecule thick veil of humour.
    2006 3.0Si Coupé in Monaco Blau with all the optional trimmings

Conrod

Post by Conrod » Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:29 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:17 pm You’re all very welcome to join us in our lovely country and don’t forget we’ve got roads to die for that it seems a large majority of England appear not to have access to to enjoy their Zeds
    Thanks Andy - Covid permitting, I'm hoping to do the NC500 next year!
    Alan

2003 E85 Sterling Grey 3.0i

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:38 pm

Flyingfifer wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:40 pm
    Pbondar wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:28 pm
    Flyingfifer wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:29 am Ohhh isn't it always fun when people that have zero knowledge on a subject spout their puerile drivel and ignorance heavy views :thumbsup:
    Look stop mincing words and let’s us know what your position is pls? :thumbsup:
    You know me, milk toast fence sitter :rofl:

Many good points made especially those around making charged remarks behind a molecule thick veil of humour.
    Yes you always struck me as both a cultural and political ambassador for the Krankies :thumbsup: :rofl:

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:49 pm

I missed the ‘report this post’..I’ve added a couple of people now to my ‘foe list’ as a result of abusive and directed assaults on myself for what appeared to me, to be unprovoked and very innocuous and polite observations about matters..which they or others had specifically asked for comments.. :tumbleweed: :headbang:

I’ll bear that button in mind for the future :thumbsup:

Argyll Andy
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:43 pm

Pbondar wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:38 pm political ambassador for the Krankies
    FFS! Don’t mention the Krankies again Peter, things have just settled down a bit :wink:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
      G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
      E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
      E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)