Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Breakdown

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Vonlipvig

Breakdown

Post by Vonlipvig » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:53 pm

Say in the services off the m42 currently awaiting bmw assist. Was in the wife's e90 with 3 others (hence no z) and got a red battery symbol on the dash while on the m5. After about a minute, that changed to 3 other lights, abs, tpms and something else. Still no where to stop.

Motorway was then coming to a stop and suddenly, every light on in random order, wipers on with no control over them and then almost all electrical power gone and at a standstill.

Highways agency were behind us and were brilliant. Free recovery came out as if was just inside the roadworks and we were in the lorry on the way in about 15 minutes.

Called the AA and while awaiting them, called bmw. Reason for this is with the recall at the start of the year, they ran out of parts by the time my wife tried to get it done. She was advised she would be contacted but if any of the symptoms, like tonight, appear, then call them to arrange hire car etc.

Long story short, they are now coming out, AA cancelled and been told bmw will refund the cost of taxi to get us to our destination.

What a palaver but hopefully, it will all be sorted and the car will be delivered the 200 miles back to us once fixed. Now to sort out getting the 20 miles to the nec arena!
2009 Sapphire Black 23i

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Breakdown

Post by Mr Tidy » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:06 pm

Sorry to hear that OP! :cry:

Especially as I've got an E91 that's booked in for the recall on Tuesday but couldn't book it in back in May because the dealer had no parts! :headbang:

Still it does give me an excuse to use my Z4 tomorrow - if I needed one! :lol:

Hope you get to the NEC OK. :thumbsup:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Vonlipvig

Breakdown

Post by Vonlipvig » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:27 am

Mr Tidy wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:06 pm Sorry to hear that OP! :cry:

Especially as I've got an E91 that's booked in for the recall on Tuesday but couldn't book it in back in May because the dealer had no parts! :headbang:

Still it does give me an excuse to use my Z4 tomorrow - if I needed one! :lol:

Hope you get to the NEC OK. :thumbsup:
Thanks, sure yours will be fine :thumbsup:
Made it to our hotel, pickup driver was awesome and dropped us in Birmingham. I have to say, all the recovery people and highways last night were awesome. Have to say it looks like it's going to be a fight to arrange the hire car though
2009 Sapphire Black 23i

Jembo
Lifer
Lifer

Breakdown

Post by Jembo » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:34 am

Wow... again demonstrates how some parts of BMW go above & beyond... others are like the 3 Monkeys
Joined the dark side with a ///M Hell Bronze Sepang Coupe :happyclap:
Ex Aug 2005 Maldives Blue 3 litre cruizer, lots of toyz,

Lifer 54

Vonlipvig

Breakdown

Post by Vonlipvig » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:58 pm

Right, bmw were great but damn enterprise were shocking! Normally when I use them for work they are great, not this time though. No end of stress, unable to contact them, delivering car to the wrong corner of the country, jeez.

Finally got the car, a 17 plate 320d M sport auto. The idrive is nice but apart form that, the e90 318 petrol pauper spec I find more engaging and generally nicer to drive. Here's hoping it's not dead
2009 Sapphire Black 23i

Action Jackson

Breakdown

Post by Action Jackson » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:49 pm

sounds like a nightmare!

thank gawd i managed to get my recall done a few days ago, only had to wait 5 months for the parts! :|