Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Put some ‘kin effort in...!!!!

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:13 pm

At 52 I admit I’m a bit grumpy at times, even more so at the current ‘Can’t look up I’m on my phone’ generation, but ok, whatever, have to move with the times I guess... :roll: The other day I rang the local stealers to reserve a place in the queue for a test of the new Z4, be it in what ever guise they get, so after my request Lauren put me on hold for not very long to be met with “Hi yeah, what can I do for you buddy”.....Buddy..?????????....Lauren took my name, did that pass the 10yr old by...?? Seems so....anyhoo....I ask our hero when they were getting a new Zed in for test drives and I’d like to put my name down for said experience, “Ok buddy....give me one sec..........................Hi thanks for waiting buddy..(If this little s**t calls me buddy one more time... :x )...there’s only 500 of the new Z4 coming to the country, so I doubt we’ll be getting one..” (SIGH....)..”So you’re telling me BMW are only making 500 of the new Z4 for the UK yes..”? “Yes sorry buddy but that’s how it is” (Even bigger sigh... “That’s the frozen orange car being made in limited numbers before the mainstream model hits the showrooms...BMW are NOT only making 500 cars.....how would that make any sense unless it’s for racing homologation purposes...”?? Pause....”One sec please buddy...” “Oh errr yes.....I’ve just spoken to my manager and I can book you in for a test drive”

My gripe is if you get a job in a palatial showroom like BMW wouldn’t you at least make some effort to learn the models you are f**king selling and not to call your customers b**tard ‘Buddy’....I don’t want to be called sir but surely...John...isn’t asking too much is it..?? How are line managers letting these kids get away with it..?? Seriously it pisses me off that I could potentially spend 55k on a car with them and they have trouble stringing a coherent scentence together, but what really boils my piss is being called ‘Buddy’....what the f**k is that...????? :x

1st world problems ok but ffs.... :roll:
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

MrPT
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MrPT » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:28 pm

Deep breaths, buddy, deep breaths...
2008 Z4MC: heavy wheels | crap suspension | skittish rear end | wobbly engine | not enough induction noise | underwhelming turn in | inconsistent braking | lardy battery | chubby steering wheel
2006 Z4 2.5si: gone

mmm-five
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mmm-five » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:09 pm

I had the choice of 3 similar cars when I bought mine...but only one dealer offered a road test.

Guess which one I bought from :headbang:
Trigger’s Z4MC
Some bits now over 163,000 miles, some less than 1,000 miles.
Individual Ruby Black, Individual extended champagne leather, plus many options

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:21 pm

And I thought I was grumpy! :lol:

I'm at the other end of my 50s (well for 6 more months and I don't want to think what happens after that). :cry:

But it does seem like there is a huge difference between the staff in Sales and those in Service. I rang 3 different main agents last week researching the history of the E91 I bought this year and found them all really helpful - and never got called buddy once!

Last time I spoke to anyone at a dealership in Sales was in 2008, and the muppet I got put through to didn't even know the car I was interested in was on their website - so I ended up speaking to the Sales Manager. Shame I didn't get to deal with him when I viewed and bought it - instead I got fobbed off with a total numpty. :headbang:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

montymog

Post by montymog » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:29 pm

you know you will have to change your signature to buddy now ! :o
e85 3.0si monaco metallic extended oregon cream leather.m seats all electric with heating and extensions.m multifunction s/wheel reverse sensors.light maple wood trim m suspension ect.ect. running on eagle f1 assy 3s

Jembo
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Jembo » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:34 pm

...you’ll never live this down Buddy.

...and they wonder why so many people buy from brokers, agents & reverse auction sites.
Joined the dark side with a ///M Hell Bronze Sepang Coupe :happyclap:
Ex Aug 2005 Maldives Blue 3 litre cruizer, lots of toyz,

Lifer 54

IRD

Post by IRD » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:50 pm

john-e89 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:13 pm At 52 I admit I’m a bit grumpy at times, even more so at the current ‘Can’t look up I’m on my phone’ generation, but ok, whatever, have to move with the times I guess... :roll: The other day I rang the local stealers to reserve a place in the queue for a test of the new Z4, be it in what ever guise they get, so after my request Lauren put me on hold for not very long to be met with “Hi yeah, what can I do for you buddy”.....Buddy..?????????....Lauren took my name, did that pass the 10yr old by...?? Seems so....anyhoo....I ask our hero when they were getting a new Zed in for test drives and I’d like to put my name down for said experience, “Ok buddy....give me one sec..........................Hi thanks for waiting buddy..(If this little s**t calls me buddy one more time... :x )...there’s only 500 of the new Z4 coming to the country, so I doubt we’ll be getting one..” (SIGH....)..”So you’re telling me BMW are only making 500 of the new Z4 for the UK yes..”? “Yes sorry buddy but that’s how it is” (Even bigger sigh... “That’s the frozen orange car being made in limited numbers before the mainstream model hits the showrooms...BMW are NOT only making 500 cars.....how would that make any sense unless it’s for racing homologation purposes...”?? Pause....”One sec please buddy...” “Oh errr yes.....I’ve just spoken to my manager and I can book you in for a test drive”

My gripe is if you get a job in a palatial showroom like BMW wouldn’t you at least make some effort to learn the models you are f**king selling and not to call your customers b**tard ‘Buddy’....I don’t want to be called sir but surely...John...isn’t asking too much is it..?? How are line managers letting these kids get away with it..?? Seriously it pisses me off that I could potentially spend 55k on a car with them and they have trouble stringing a coherent scentence together, but what really boils my piss is being called ‘Buddy’....what the f**k is that...????? :x

Couldn’t agree more. The buying experience varies widely. Have tried four times to buy a car from my nearest BMW dealer. Only managed once. Last year when we bought the 330 tried them first. All ‘sales executives’ were busy when I phoned. Asked the receptionist for a return call explaining I wanted to buy a new car to replace the X1 I had purchased from them. Ten days later one of the sales team deigned to return my call. I enjoyed telling him I had ordered a new car from their nearest competitor at Boston. Here the young lady we dealt with was brilliant. We spent an afternoon test driving models we were interested in and she searched the country to find the right spec for us. You can see why BMW dealers don’t do so well in the annual Auto Express survey. It really is very hit and miss. Some of them make you feel they are doing you a favour. I know where I will be buying my next new car from and it won’t be from Lincoln.

Doddsy

Post by Doddsy » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:57 pm

Buddy the elf
Attachments
8FC3064E-F185-4EFA-B4FD-D10D3DF5A6E3.jpeg
8FC3064E-F185-4EFA-B4FD-D10D3DF5A6E3.jpeg (59.47 KiB) Viewed 1457 times
Now: Z4MC Titan Silver
Gone: E86 3.0Si Sport Titan Silver - M exhaust + bumper - Battery Relocated - Aero Front
E86 3.0Si Sport Silver Grey - Carbon Diffuser - Aero Kit - B/Box Mod - Storm MW V2
E85 2.5 Si Sport Titan Silver

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Post by firebobby » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:51 pm

john-e89 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:13 pm At 52 I admit I’m a bit grumpy at times, even more so at the current ‘Can’t look up I’m on my phone’ generation, but ok, whatever, have to move with the times I guess... :roll: The other day I rang the local stealers to reserve a place in the queue for a test of the new Z4, be it in what ever guise they get, so after my request Lauren put me on hold for not very long to be met with “Hi yeah, what can I do for you buddy”.....Buddy..?????????....Lauren took my name, did that pass the 10yr old by...?? Seems so....anyhoo....I ask our hero when they were getting a new Zed in for test drives and I’d like to put my name down for said experience, “Ok buddy....give me one sec..........................Hi thanks for waiting buddy..(If this little s**t calls me buddy one more time... :x )...there’s only 500 of the new Z4 coming to the country, so I doubt we’ll be getting one..” (SIGH....)..”So you’re telling me BMW are only making 500 of the new Z4 for the UK yes..”? “Yes sorry buddy but that’s how it is” (Even bigger sigh... “That’s the frozen orange car being made in limited numbers before the mainstream model hits the showrooms...BMW are NOT only making 500 cars.....how would that make any sense unless it’s for racing homologation purposes...”?? Pause....”One sec please buddy...” “Oh errr yes.....I’ve just spoken to my manager and I can book you in for a test drive”

52 !! who you trying to kid Buddy :poke:
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

Jembo
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Jembo » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:36 am

Doddsy wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:57 pm Buddy the elf
We now all know what to buy the OP, AKA Buddy for Xmas

Hopfully your piss temp will cool down... & then u might buy a Merc, their dealers are real old school
Joined the dark side with a ///M Hell Bronze Sepang Coupe :happyclap:
Ex Aug 2005 Maldives Blue 3 litre cruizer, lots of toyz,

Lifer 54

Darren Slone
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Darren Slone » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:27 am

Glad you managed to get your name down for a test drive .......Buddy :P :D

Current Porsche Cayman S 987.1

Now sold - Imola Z4MC

Now sold - Silver Grey Z4MC
OEM CSL’s, Supersprint, Gruppe M, Eibachs, Carbon Roof, carbon rear spoiler,,

Now sold - My other Z
‘71 Datsun 240Z imported from West Coast USA

enzed4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enzed4 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:59 am

Had a (sort of) similar experience a couple of years ago at the local BMW franchise. I went in looking for a preowned E89, found a loitering salesperson and asked if they had, or would have any through the dealership any time. "Probably not, as BMW stopped making them in 2012." Really? Or do you mean BMW NZ stopped importing them in 2012 so as far as the dealership is concerned, they ceased to exist after that date, regardless of any private or other car dealers' imports since then?
As you said, you don't expect them to know everything about every model (who could?), but I'd at least expect them to have a rough idea of the start/end of production for them. And if they can't provide what I'm looking for at least suggest where else to look?
Too harsh?
Gone: 2010 35i DCT
Gone: 2008 2.5Si Sport

Dav the wheel nut
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Dav the wheel nut » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:50 am

Joking aside, I think that someone referring to you as 'buddy' in these circumstances is quite disrespectful.
I would suggest, if it happens again you simply say 'before you go any further, I'm not your buddy' and then say nothing and wait for a response.
I know you can explain it away as a youthful, modern day thing, but that doesn't cut the mustard for me. It's the same when they refer to me and my wife as 'guys'. I just ask them if my wife looks like a guy and that usually does the trick.
Yes I am a grumpy old git :headbang:

MrPT
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MrPT » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:31 am

Dav the wheel nut wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:50 am I know you can explain it away as a youthful, modern day thing, but that doesn't cut the mustard for me.
Yeah, that’s a bit tenuous. It’s not like as if “dear” or “me old mucker” would have been any better.
2008 Z4MC: heavy wheels | crap suspension | skittish rear end | wobbly engine | not enough induction noise | underwhelming turn in | inconsistent braking | lardy battery | chubby steering wheel
2006 Z4 2.5si: gone

Angelus666

Post by Angelus666 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:51 pm

Just say..."who's buddy?" with an Alan Partridge style look of disdain on your face.