Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Lidl Trolleyjack

Alloy wheels and tyre discussion
paulw

Lidl Trolleyjack

Post by paulw » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:49 pm

Lidl have a trolley jack on offer at the moment at £19.99 with a 3 yr warranty. Will you be able to get this under a Z4 as i measured the gap between the jacking points and the ground and it is only 120mm.
Any thoughts or advice?
Z4C 3.0si, Black Sapphire on MV2's

Gazhyde

Re: Lidl Trolleyjack

Post by Gazhyde » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:16 pm

I just bought a low profile trolley jack as a standard one won't fit under mine. According to the instructions the lowest height is 80mm. They cost a little more than the standard ones, but at least it fits.

Bought mine of eBay for about £43 delivered.
The Spicy Meatball - 2006 Z4 M Roadster, Interlagos / Black, BC Racing Coilovers, Gruppe M Induction, Supersprint exhaust and x-pipe.

JaEdBa

Post by JaEdBa » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:36 pm

the lidl jack has a min saddle height of 13.5cm, so in a lowered Z you'll struggle, guess driving onto a bit of gravel board would work..

be interested in the link for the e bay low profile one please, saw one in machine mart for £36 but they're still awaiting stock.

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:07 am

I just bought this today - when I borrowed a mate's to put my winter wheels on we just drove the wheel onto a block of wood. No great hassle, so for £19.99 I just went and did it :thumbsup:
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

Gazhyde

Post by Gazhyde » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:23 am

This is the one from a different seller.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Liftmaster-Lo ... 0782504583
The Spicy Meatball - 2006 Z4 M Roadster, Interlagos / Black, BC Racing Coilovers, Gruppe M Induction, Supersprint exhaust and x-pipe.

aquazi
Lifer
Lifer

Lidl Trolleyjack

Post by aquazi » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:41 am

I had a normal trolley jack for years, even on my lowered celica and golf had no problems... But drivin on wood for the Z is a PITA.

So got a low profile pne from amazon... Something like £30.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gargybloke

Post by Gargybloke » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:03 am

I got one last time it was on offer. My car height is standard I believe. Fits under with a small chock of wood fine. :thumbsup:
Imola Z4MR | K-Sport Brakes | 12mm BT Spacers | Gaptech Roof Module | Rpi exhaust | Sorted Wheels and Badges | OEM Strut Brace|

oli445

Post by oli445 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:54 am

Gazhyde wrote:This is the one from a different seller.
I just bought one of them, fits under the car just (I'm on eibachs). Also bought one of the adapters to go into the standard jack point and the jack is about 15mm too high. Driving onto a block of wood isn't the end of the world though!

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by cj10jeeper » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:22 pm

I have the Costco 3 ton trolley. Little more expensive at circa £70 but it fits straight under the Zed and has twice the lift height of 2 tonne jacks. You can lift the end of the zed or one side a couple of feet up in one go. Very heavy, but really stable, similar to those used in tyre shops.
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:14 pm

I just tested the Lidl jack under my car... With sport springs on mine (at least I hope there are sport springs, as it is a Sport...) I can get this jack under the rear jacking point no problem, and almost under the front. So if I take the cup off the jack it will fit the front - I have axle stands now for safety, given the lack of grip if I take the plate off. So, works for me :thumbsup:

That said, if I were to go to Eibachs I'd need a block of wood, and I am now a bit worried that my rear springs may be stock, not sport, as there is about a 15mm difference front and back. Shouldn't it be level ? And could the garage who replaced a cracked rear spring (quite some time ago before I bought it) have put the wrong one on ? :cry:
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

aquazi
Lifer
Lifer

Post by aquazi » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:43 pm

Don't worry bing mine is the same... The rear is slightly higher up. :thumbsup:

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:44 pm

aquazi wrote:Don't worry bing mine is the same... The rear is slightly higher up. :thumbsup:
Phew, thanks :thumbsup:

Went a bit Andysat there for a sec :D

andysat
Lifer
Lifer

Post by andysat » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:47 pm

Bing wrote:
aquazi wrote:Don't worry bing mine is the same... The rear is slightly higher up. :thumbsup:

:cry:
Gone but not forgotten.
New ride silver e93.

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:49 pm

andysat wrote:
Bing wrote:

:cry:
Just kidding mate :cheers:

RichardG

Post by RichardG » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:49 pm

Gazhyde wrote:This is the one from a different seller.
I have the exact same one in my watch list. I intend ordering it towards the end of the month.
04 2.5 SE, Alpine iDA X-305, Eibach's, M Tri-Colour MFSW, CF Roundells, LeatherZ Armrest, De-Gingered, 19" VMR V710's, Aero Skirts, Fr & R M Bumpers, Quad Exhaust and NO Stubby