Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Z4 Fitment Guide

Alloy wheels and tyre discussion
Chris_Geezer

Z4 Fitment Guide

Post by Chris_Geezer » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:56 pm

Guys do you have a "sticky" fitment guide anywhere that lets people know what off set, tyres size etc you need for 17", 18", and 19" rims, staggered fitment and non-staggered etc? Lowered and non-lowered cars.

Basically I'm trying to find out if I can get staggered 19s on my Z4 without any scrub or arch work. I lowered it about a year a go and it now sits at a measured 45mm drop from standard (I noted measurements before lowering, after lowering and recently and she's settled nicely on PI springs).

Now I'm in a position to get some new rims, so the question is, can I get on 19s? If so will staggered go (F8.5j, R9.5j) with 235/35 front and 265/30 rear. If not would I have to fit 8.5j all round to clear the arch with this drop or if I decide I definately want a staggered fit do I have to fit 18s? Again, what fitment do I need?

Your help on this would be much appreciated as I've looked about on the site and can't find the answer I need... I really need new rubber at the moment and don't want to fork out on some 17" stuff to go on the stock rims when I intend to fit bigger ones in the near future.

Thanks
Chris

Wondermike

Re: Z4 Fitment Guide

Post by Wondermike » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:21 pm

There isn't a sticky as such, but if you look through some of the posts in this forum you should find what you are looking for, we moved over as many as we could that were wheel/tyre related.

Plenty folk on here with 19s. Tyre sizes look OK.

Dav the wheel nut
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Dav the wheel nut » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:29 pm

Have a read of THIS POST if you are thinking of 19s on lowered suspension it may help.

JaEdBa

Post by JaEdBa » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:47 pm

check this thread..

http://www.z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic ... 49&t=36130

reckon with the drop you've gone for you may have to look at 225 front, 255 rear..