Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Tyremen glitch.. Pilot super sports

Alloy wheels and tyre discussion
tomscott
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Tyremen glitch.. Pilot super sports

Post by tomscott » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:43 pm

adele wrote:Hi all,

Phill from Tyremen here, I will be calling all that made orders individually however I thought I would explain things here too...

I'm sorry to say that you are correct in thinking that we had a system glitch!! We get a price file from one of our suppliers and they made an error on last nights feed which made many of our products default to an incorrect price. This has now been resolved and prices are displaying correctly again.

I have been looking at the very best we can offer on the Super Sport 19" sets and I can offer the fronts at £218 and the rears at £292 which I think is the best online price for these.

Really sorry about this, it's the first time we have had anything like this, certainly not a scam and I hope I can assist in the future. I'm always happy to offer discounts to forum members so if you need anything drop me a message at [email protected] and I will strive to offer the best possible prices.

Regards,

Phill.
Thanks for the post Phill.

If that is the case how about group buys the the vredestein ultrac sessanta tyres they are a favourite among the Z4-forum, would a group buy price be available?

Cheers

Jembo
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Jembo » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:46 pm

Phil, thank you for letting us know what has happened.

Well all appreciate this information is in the public domain & in these difficult times all need to behave responsibly, so thank you for opening a dialogue.

If someone has ordered 10 or 20 tyres, then I can fully understand why your company would need to protect its interest, but in the interests of PR, for those who have only order 2 or 4 tyres just for their car may I ask you to consider making an exception & honour their order.

Thank you & of course any special discount going forward would be highly appreciated by all
Joined the dark side with a ///M Hell Bronze Sepang Coupe :happyclap:
Ex Aug 2005 Maldives Blue 3 litre cruizer, lots of toyz,

Lifer 54

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:11 pm

adele wrote:Hi all,

Phill from Tyremen here, I will be calling all that made orders individually however I thought I would explain things here too...

I'm sorry to say that you are correct in thinking that we had a system glitch!! We get a price file from one of our suppliers and they made an error on last nights feed which made many of our products default to an incorrect price. This has now been resolved and prices are displaying correctly again.

I have been looking at the very best we can offer on the Super Sport 19" sets and I can offer the fronts at £218 and the rears at £292 which I think is the best online price for these.

Really sorry about this, it's the first time we have had anything like this, certainly not a scam and I hope I can assist in the future. I'm always happy to offer discounts to forum members so if you need anything drop me a message at [email protected] and I will strive to offer the best possible prices.

Regards,

Phill.
Hi Phill,

Thanks for clarifying this. I can't speak for everyone on here but I never assumed it was a scam (I actually placed an order myself). If you want to discuss overall forum discount please feel free to PM me.

Please can you clarify the situation of payment for those who placed orders. Are we expecting to have been charged and refunded or will the charges not of occurred in the first place?

Kind regards,

Jim
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

Oakandacorns

Post by Oakandacorns » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:14 pm

Jembo wrote:Phil, thank you for letting us know what has happened.

Well all appreciate this information is in the public domain & in these difficult times all need to behave responsibly, so thank you for opening a dialogue.

If someone has ordered 10 or 20 tyres, then I can fully understand why your company would need to protect its interest, but in the interests of PR, for those who have only order 2 or 4 tyres just for their car may I ask you to consider making an exception & honour their order.

Thank you & of course any special discount going forward would be highly appreciated by all
+1. Orders made and processed ought to be honoured.
Oakandacorns
Former: 2.5 (04), Ellipsoid alloys, Heated seats, RFT, OEM Wind Deflector
Love it

adele

Post by adele » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:17 pm

Hi Jim,

I'll drop you a message about group discounts later when I clear up all this.

Our system charges the card for orders at midnight, so since this was only spotted this morning I'm having to go through and refund orders once I have spoken with the buyers. This will all be completed soon.

Luckily all your forum members appear to be great guys and very forgiving, thanks all I appreciate it!

Phill.

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:18 pm

Oakandacorns wrote: +1. Orders made and processed ought to be honoured.
As much as I like to get a deal (and hoped this would go through) we do have to look at the flip side. I don't know Phill but I am sure if there was a £25 error then he would have considered honouring it, but this not a small margin or error and honouring it would put them seriously out of pocket.

Sure, they would get awesome PR from this if they did honour it, but it all comes down to cost at the end of the day. It sounds like an honest error and you're not talking small money here, it's hundreds of pounds per order.
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

a11y
Lifer
Lifer

Post by a11y » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:23 pm

sp3ctre wrote:Sure, they would get awesome PR from this if they did honour it, but it all comes down to cost at the end of the day. It sounds like an honest error and you're not talking small money here, it's hundreds of pounds per order.
Agree, unfortunately for the folk that took advantage of the error (hell, if I needed tyres I'd probably have been one of them!) I'd not expect a company to be required to honour what was a genuine error. I can remember an example of a similar situation happening in the past with the same outcome as this (refunds given) but can't recall exactly what it was...

Fair play to Phill for posting up.
::::: e90 330i M Sport :::::

imp75

Post by imp75 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:25 pm

imp75 wrote:seen this on terms of sale - :!: :headbang: :o

4.1 After placing an order, you will receive an e-mail from us acknowledging that we have received your order. Please note that this does not mean that your order has been accepted. Your order constitutes an offer to us to buy the relevant Product and/or Service. The Product and/or Service will only be provided after your payment has been authorised and after we have confirmed our acceptance of your order by sending you an e-mail that confirms your order has been accepted (the “Order Confirmation”). The
6255295v2
contract between us (the “Contract”) will only be formed when we send you the Order Confirmation.

BUT
Our Site contains a large number of Products and Services and it is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the Products or Services listed on our Site may be
6255295v2
incorrectly priced. We will normally verify prices so that, where correct price of a Product or Service is less than our stated price, we will charge you the lower amount. If the correct price of a Product or Service is higher than the price stated on our Site, we will normally, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before dispatching the Product or providing the Service, or reject your order and notify you of such rejection.
10.5 We are under no obligation to provide the Product or Service to you at the incorrect (lower) price, even after we have sent you an Order Confirmation, if the pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as a mis-pricing.
GONE - 2.0, sapphire black, alu trim, mods: msport seat transplant, 30mm drop, clear headlights, ZHP, OTH, strut brace, tinted tail lamps, carbon wrapped grilles and stubby

tomscott
Lifer
Lifer

Post by tomscott » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:27 pm

sp3ctre wrote:
Oakandacorns wrote: +1. Orders made and processed ought to be honoured.
As much as I like to get a deal (and hoped this would go through) we do have to look at the flip side. I don't know Phill but I am sure if there was a £25 error then he would have considered honouring it, but this not a small margin or error and honouring it would put them seriously out of pocket.

Sure, they would get awesome PR from this if they did honour it, but it all comes down to cost at the end of the day. It sounds like an honest error and you're not talking small money here, it's hundreds of pounds per order.
+1 we are not here to commit daylight robbery to honest companies. Mistakes are made, but in light of this a deal would be great. I would be very happy to buy some tyres and would recommend which I already have to friends, family and other forum members.

But you cant blame people for trying to buy the tyres at that price.

deka

Post by deka » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:38 pm

just for fun i went through the checkout just to see, went back today and they are still in the shopping basket stuck in the 5% voucher and bingo they are still there and now for 482£ sigh
E89 2.5I Blue rubbish wheels
Gone But not forgotton. Z4 06 roadster 2.5 Midnight blue Hardtop black heated leather, stubby, phone kit, 108's PDC. ZHP

aquazi
Lifer
Lifer

Post by aquazi » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:15 pm

damn... if they had honored that price i would have bought a set of 19's for my VMR, 18's for my 108's that i will never use and 17's for winter wheels i dont yet own, and probably never will :o

flimper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by flimper » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:41 pm

Just spoke to Phill, seems a very decent bloke so thought it was only fair for me to order my tyres through them. Vreds on their way :driving:
Piano black & black extended leather. Power mirrors, tinted glass, PDC, Prof hi-fi, CD, retro-fit cruise

wantanM

Post by wantanM » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:50 pm

flimper wrote:Just spoke to Phill, seems a very decent bloke so thought it was only fair for me to order my tyres through them. Vreds on their way :driving:

:thumbsup: good choice I reckon. I had ordered some myself yesterday before all this glitch kicked off
Used mytyres- rears were £164 out of interest how much did you pay??
Much loved Z4MC

flimper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by flimper » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:51 pm

It was a set price but probably works out exactly the same as you paid, apparently mytyres are by far the cheapest for the rears as they are a German company
Piano black & black extended leather. Power mirrors, tinted glass, PDC, Prof hi-fi, CD, retro-fit cruise

Oakandacorns

Post by Oakandacorns » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:27 pm

aquazi wrote:damn... if they had honored that price i would have bought a set of 19's for my VMR, 18's for my 108's that i will never use and 17's for winter wheels i dont yet own, and probably never will :o
:thumbsup: Exactamondo!
And myself, for the Coupe, Z4M, Aston Martin Vantage and Golf I'm going to never get :driving:
Oakandacorns
Former: 2.5 (04), Ellipsoid alloys, Heated seats, RFT, OEM Wind Deflector
Love it