Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Was he talking BS

Alloy wheels and tyre discussion
chrisj900

Re: Was he talking BS

Post by chrisj900 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:12 pm

cj10jeeper wrote:Problem is here that the tyre fitter is part of a national chain and while we all know non RFT's will fit and indeed be accepted by insurers, he's constrained to fit OEM type else in breach of his companies rules.

If you drove around the corner on a non RFT he'd fitted and crashed then guess who'd be held responsible by many in out litigious society...

Of course add to that that some tyre fitters are not top of the food chin and they get mixed up between fact, fiction, myth, policy and a bit of BS :)
+1
i went to my normal tyre guy and he wasnt happy to fit non RFT's for this reason. he made a phone call to his mate at bmw who said they have no problem and called my insurance company to get the OK before he would go ahead. i totally understood where he was coming from as some tossers will do anything these days for an easy buck
z4 roadster 2.5i, hardtop, stubby, black grills, Dice silverline, carbon badges, custom illuminated wind deflector, custom iphone dock

Liam-O

Was he talking BS

Post by Liam-O » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:01 am

You need to change the topic title to say "he was"
Liam - O

2005 Z4 2.2SE Grey - Sold

:rtfm: HOW TO: Fitting a Z4M Bumper

Hunter

Post by Hunter » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:55 am

mason storm wrote:Out of interest did you remember to re set the sensor? If you didn't I will come back on again after a few minutes even if you don't loose any pressure.
Yep, sensor reset with no issues :thumbsup:
E89 S Drive 35iS

WizzEssex

Post by WizzEssex » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:25 pm

Absolute cobblers!- Ive changed all my tyres and my insurance company say they are not interested as long as the speed rating is same or above and suitable for the vehicle.
Wayne

Hunter

Post by Hunter » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:34 pm

WizzEssex wrote:Absolute cobblers!- Ive changed all my tyres and my insurance company say they are not interested as long as the speed rating is same or above and suitable for the vehicle.
Wayne
:thumbsup:
E89 S Drive 35iS

texasjohn

Post by texasjohn » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:41 pm

esure's view on my 130i was as long as the new tyres do not increase the performance of the vehicle (!) then they dont consider non RFTs to be a modification = no charge.
Gone: Z4 3.0i SMG Titanium Silver/Black, Z4MR Sepang Bronze/Sepang, Z4MR Silver Grey