Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Summer tire recommendation

Alloy wheels and tyre discussion
CYCLONE2

Post by CYCLONE2 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:27 pm

Hello, I'm finally getting ready to get new tires for my 2005 Z4 3.0I. Things that are important to me are------smooth ride, quiet ride, decent mileage and not too expensive. I'm not an aggressive driver so they don't need to kick butt on the "Autocross" course (since I don't do that) but I also don't want a wimpy tire either. 100% of my driving is Spring, Summer, and Fall. I store it in the Winter. I'm ditching the runflats.

So far these are what I'm looking at.......
Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 approximately $872.00
Hankook Ventus V12 " $760.00
Kumho LE Sport $560.00
Michelin Pilot Sport $900.00
Falken 452 $660.00
Continental Extreem Contact DW $800.00

At the end of the Summer I was leaning toward the Hankook which at that time were somewhere around $500.00 but they went up about $250.00 since then so now I'm wondering if I should bite the bullet and spend a little more and get a better tire like the Michelin.???? I should have bought the Hankooks then but I didn't really need them at that time because storage was just around the corner. :headbang:

The only tires I know about are the stockers (runflat) that came on the car. I've got 25,000 miles on them. The rears need to be replaced for sure but the fronts don't look too bad. However, I think they have always had a rough ride quality and now they sound like tractor tires! They've always been a little noisey but now that there's cupping, they sound like tractor tires. Any tire wisdom would be appreciated.
Thanks.......

WLH
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Summer tire recommendation

Post by WLH » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:13 pm

I've been very please with the Continental Extreme Contact DW.
2007 ///M Roadster - My Zed's - Member ZSCCA - ///M Registry - My Videos

Adamski
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Adamski » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:18 pm

I was impressed with Michelin PS2s, but the cost is too high IMO. There are other tyres that perform very well for much less cost.

A lot of forum members use Falken 452s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gone: Z4M Coupé|Black Sapphire|OEM CSLs|Aero Skirts|OEM Strut Brace|Nav|Heated Seats|Logic 7 Pro Hi-fi|Bluetooth|Carbon Leather|PDC|BMW Assist|Stubby
Gone: Cherished 2003 3.0i Black Sapphire Roadster