Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Wish I hadn't found this site now

Alloy wheels and tyre discussion
tomscott
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Wish I hadn't found this site now

Post by tomscott » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:19 pm

Z4edmo wrote:Nice to see a pic with both sets on. Should make my decision alot easier . Paint my 224's or buy CLS's.Both look fab though. :?
Ye the ones I have on are gunmetal 224 alloys. But Although they look good I dont like the 224 wheels they dont suit the caliber of the car IMHO but the CSLs do. It will cost the best part of £320 so thats half way to a set of CSLs like previous posts have said once you buy them you will get your money back because so many people want them. Like an investment.

Here is the thread where I was tryng out to see what the CSLs would look like compared to my 224s

http://www.z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=32748

Z4edmo

Post by Z4edmo » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:44 pm

Cheers . What does oem stand for?. Seen a new set selling on eBay at moment but want £1000. So I guess by the time tyres added you are looking at another £1600?. If and when I get some should I sell my 224's on or keep , even though they wouldn't be going back on again?

gannet
Lifer
Lifer

Post by gannet » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:52 pm

OEM = Original Equipment Manufacture
-- Gannet.
Current: MINI JCW... - Modification: Driver Upgraded :D
Previous: DS3 DSport, Z4 3.0SE, 206 GTi & XS, Alfa 147 Lusso

tomscott
Lifer
Lifer

Post by tomscott » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:21 pm

£600 would be really basic tyres... a set of pilot super sports would cost about £1150 or some vreds £750. Make sure they are real OEM alloys check this thread out don't want you getting burned on some reps.

http://www.z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic ... 28&t=11822

I am putting 275/19/30s on the back and 235/19/35s on the front either Pilot Super Sports or Vreds haven't decided yet and its too cold to put them on yet IMHO. The tyres are the most crutial bit of your car so I would say don't cheap out on them.

I would keep your OEM alloys because come to trade or sell the car you will get more money by selling them separately than a dealer would give you for them on the car. You could also put some winter tyres on the spare set or if you wanted to do a track day use the tyres on the second set. Up to you really. Ive kept mine.

VvrooomM

Wish I hadn't found this site now

Post by VvrooomM » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:08 pm

I tried oversize tyres and didn't like it, went back to 265.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Z4MC midnight blue with CSL's + VREDs, extd light sepang leather, folding mirrors, stubby aerial, retro bluetooth, prof nav, intravee ipod kit, storage and cup holders!!, laser LRC100, DSP hi-fi, storage and privacy.....is that it?