Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Question about tires

Alloy wheels and tyre discussion
AmericanZZ

Question about tires

Post by AmericanZZ » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:09 pm

I would like to know if anyone has tried the Sumitomo HTR Z 111 tires on their Z4. What is your recommendation for the use of this tire brand? Did you experience good road performance with this tire? I presently have Bridgestone tires on my car and have only gotten 31K miles. Is it true that the Z4 typically wears tires in so few miles?
I would appreciate any information about your experience with the Sumitomo HTR Z 111 tires. Thank you.
Last edited by AmericanZZ on Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Adamski
Lifer
Lifer

Question about tires

Post by Adamski » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:16 pm

31k is rather good? I reckon my rears won't last more than 20k.

Perhaps I have a heavier right foot :thumbsup:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gone: Z4M Coupé|Black Sapphire|OEM CSLs|Aero Skirts|OEM Strut Brace|Nav|Heated Seats|Logic 7 Pro Hi-fi|Bluetooth|Carbon Leather|PDC|BMW Assist|Stubby
Gone: Cherished 2003 3.0i Black Sapphire Roadster

AlanJ
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Question about tires

Post by AlanJ » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:17 pm

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

31k miles and your complaining? Depends how you drive as to the rate your tyres wear. What Zed have you got?
///M tri colour steering wheel, mud flaps and loads of other extras! ZHP illuminated gear lever..... Pre Purchase Checks,Getting the Best out of Dealers http://www.bmwz4roadster.net

gannet
Lifer
Lifer

Post by gannet » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:17 pm

31k :o :o :o

you must have SUPER smooth roads coupled with SUPER smooth right foot :o

I was pleased to get 18k ish out of my rear Michelins.... the bridgestones lasted about 12k :o
-- Gannet.
Current: MINI JCW... - Modification: Driver Upgraded :D
Previous: DS3 DSport, Z4 3.0SE, 206 GTi & XS, Alfa 147 Lusso

AmericanZZ

Post by AmericanZZ » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:25 pm

AlanJ wrote:Hi and welcome to the Forum.

31k miles and your complaining? Depends how you drive as to the rate your tyres wear. What Zed have you got?
I have a Z4, 2003. I guess how I drive is a relative questions. I run easy around town but do like the speed and performance on the open road.
Last edited by AmericanZZ on Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AmericanZZ

Post by AmericanZZ » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:27 pm

AlanJ wrote:Hi and welcome to the Forum.

I didn't mean to sound like I was complaining, it is just that I was getting 50K plus on my SL.

WLH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by WLH » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:27 pm

AmericanZZ, welcome to the forum... :thumbsup:
I have moved your thread into the "General Z4 discussion" forum.
As Adamski mentioned 31K is actually quite good for a performance tire which is provided on the Z4. I've been driving Z4's since 2003 and have never managed much more that 20K out of a set of tires and often less on the rear tires.

Personally I think one of the best values in road performance tires on the market in the North American market today is the Continental ExtremeContact DW.

When you have a moment you should introduce yourself in the Newbies forum and post up a picture of your Z4... :camera:
2007 ///M Roadster - My Zed's - Member ZSCCA - ///M Registry - My Videos

AmericanZZ

Post by AmericanZZ » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:30 pm

WLH wrote:AmericanZZ, welcome to the forum... :thumbsup:
I have moved your thread into the "General Z4 discussion" forum.
As Adamski mentioned 31K is actually quite good for a performance tire which is provided on the Z4. I've been driving Z4's since 2003 and have never managed much more that 20K out of a set of tires and often less on the rear tires.

Personally I think one of the best road performance tires on the market in the North American market today is the Continental ExtremeContact DW.

When you have a moment you should introduce yourself in the Newbies forum and post up a picture of your Z4... :camera:
Thank you all for the warm welcome. I do appreciate everyone being so helpful.

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by cj10jeeper » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:36 pm

Welcome and as said above that quite astounding mileage out of a set of tyres of a performance car. I'd be happy with 20k per set

Can't comment on that brand of tyre, but many on here use Falken 452's but they are not a runflat tyre.
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

Finisterre

Post by Finisterre » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:28 pm

31k!!
The OP must live somewhere with Roman roads
E85 2.0. + E39 530i touring.